PDA

View Full Version : fig 8 ?

quickmc73
04-30-2010, 12:01 AM
not happy about this merger with the f8,i understand there dilema, but to run my car with with cars that have sherman tank push bars!!doesnt make me happy,if they are willing to run the oval why not run the whole division on the oval until the x is good to run on again?that would be a cool and fair arrangement.just feel that this wont be a good thing!for our division as a whole,and vice versa.:rolleyes:

bhubbard
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
you gotta take it from there point of view they work hard all winter to get their cars done for opening night and they cant run so if they get a chance to run the oval then let it be they are so they just swich to a oval set instead or a figure eight set we will just have to see how they do tommorrow

Jaws
04-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Maybe if enough Figure 8's show up you get to run meaningful heats and get a few extra bucks in the purse?

Fkraft99
04-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Sherman tanks..lol If they have a bumper cover they have to follow the same bumper rules as you. So I dont see what the difference is. Im with you Jaws I would think that you would want a full field of cars to race against.

RacinRob
04-30-2010, 11:34 AM
The only two cars confirmed to run with the chargers indeed to have bumper covers, the 34 and the 28. Shouldn't be any issues there.

leah28racing
04-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Not all figure 8s have the equipment to change gears over. This is why all of the division doesn't want to run their race in the oval.

And not for nothing at least my dad and Arne could drive. Not like it's their first time driving and don't have experience.

bulldozer
04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Might open up a can of worms with the rule differences though. But to fill the class will be good. What happens if a figure eight wants to stay in chargers? Tube chassis 105 inch wheelbase coilovers will that be legal for us chargers?

Tommyj16
04-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Might open up a can of worms with the rule differences though. But to fill the class will be good. What happens if a figure eight wants to stay in chargers? Tube chassis 105 inch wheelbase coilovers will that be legal for us chargers?

The word is we can run w/ chargers until track is ready. when track is ready?? must comply w/ division rules.

Turbo
04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
make em add weight

Tommyj16
04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
not happy about this merger with the f8,i understand there dilema, but to run my car with with cars that have sherman tank push bars!!doesnt make me happy,if they are willing to run the oval why not run the whole division on the oval until the x is good to run on again?that would be a cool and fair arrangement.just feel that this wont be a good thing!for our division as a whole,and vice versa.:rolleyes:

we all want to race but if the tracks not ready soon you are going to see more fig-8 cars in the division. we don't want to tear our stuff up either. as for the 2 cars racing this sat. the push bars are all the same as what fred kraft has mentioned any car w/ nose cone in any division all have the same push bar rule and those drivers I know will welcome all to come and take a look before the race. Roger Manor has raced for many yrs and comes from the back in every race his car always come out clean same for Arne good driver and has come from the back as well. just keep in mind small track and things do happen SHORT TRACK RACING.

Tommyj16
04-30-2010, 03:10 PM
make em add weight

if the fig-8 are dominating practice let the track decide we run 3200 total weight what is charge wigh rule?

leah28racing
04-30-2010, 03:31 PM
last time i knew chargers are faster no? why would we have to add weight?

quickmc73
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
last time i knew chargers are faster no? why would we have to add weight?

well it is what it is!i can relate to the hard work and money put in our cars over the winter,and i think that time will tell if this will work so lets just race hard and have fun.i know that roger and arnie are clean racers,see you guys tomorrow!!!:cool:

Tigers
05-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I wonder if last night is an indication of how the season will be in the charger division. I understand everyone wants to chase down the 81 - and that's fine. I understand that bumping and pushing is all part of racing - and that's fine too. But I am not sure if I understand the need to do all this on the first lap of the first race of the season. Maybe I am wrong - and that's fine too. There is a long season ahead and you would think that the bumping and shoving would start a little later than LAP 1. I guess the points championship is worth making enemies out there on the track. But like I said it is a long season so I guess it is going to happen to everyone.

unowho243
05-02-2010, 06:21 PM
i thinkt he fig 8s did well last night with the chargers they kept up nice and there wasnt any extra bumping and banging because they were there everything went very smooth

DODGE99
05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
nice to see 17 or 18 i think racecars out on the racetrack for the charger race, but im not sure any of the fig 8 drivers that were there saturday understand the move over flag. Im talking about one incident in particular where me nd the 89 were running 5th and 6th going into turn three and one figure 8 car was on the bottom of the race track with a flat tire and another one was bouncing off the wall on the outside racing him. while the top 6 cars had to split them down the middle all running for position going into turn three. I think a drivers meeting is in order soon if they keep planning to run the two divisions together, just to clarify some of the oval procedures.