PDA

View Full Version : May Update

CJfilms
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, it's a scary thought that 2010 is almost halfway over....but we're just getting started!

There are a few items that need to be discussed here first, before the next race.

First off, start time!!!
As long as the SpeedSTRs are racing with us, we will be pushing things up a little. As you noticed, the last event went very smoothly with little down-time between races. We're going to try this one more time! SpeedSTRs will be racing their warm-ups while we begin calling the Small Cars to stage and then line-up...SpeedSTR heats with the Small Cars in the infield and then the Small Car Enduro. SpeedSTR Feature followed by the Big Car Enduro.

As for transponders, we will be posting up a transfer list....
47 -> 00 means that #47 Small Car will give the transponder to #00 Big Car between races...
With the SpeedSTRs racing their feature, there will be plenty of time to do this without rushing. If you are a Small Car Driver, when you pull into the pits, take out the unit ASAP. If you are a Big Car Driver, locate the driver you are obtaining the unit from and grab it. This way, no one is being rushed, all units should be installed properly, there should be no problems.

Ladies Races:
First off.....The Spring Fling!
Jen Schwager was awarded the win. Upon reviewing the DVD from Gary Silverman, the unedited raw footage, it was observed that Carrie Pyle spun out coming out of turn #2. She was passed only by a few cars but maintained her lap....she was scored down a lap, giving her a 4th place finish at the track. The finish was adjusted on the results page, Jen will receive 2nd place and Carrie will receive 1st place as she did win the race.

Second, 50-Lapper Mother Melee
As we all know, 50 laps is a lot for less than 10 cars. I hate to have to cut things short, but if we have less than 20 cars, we are going to run only 25 laps. This will go true for the rest of the season, if there are less than 15 cars, we will run 10 laps instead of 20.

The reason for this is simple....the cars are obviously moving way to fast out there with little to no traffic. This places the drivers in significant danger with a very dry, very fast track. We all witnessed last season what happened to Tracy Berger-Carmen when she became the meat in a 39 sandwich! On top of that...there are Small Cars racing against Big Cars....for the safety factor alone, this has to be done....

Parking!!!
We had a few drivers who arrived a little late last race, warning us first though, who had no place to park...

We are asking everyone to NOT HOLD SPACES...the reason is, when drivers save spaces, they save a LOT of space...usually too much. Holding a spot for 15 minutes or so is not the problem...but holding it for an hour is unacceptable.

Also, we have been told by a few different sources that drivers are leaving almost an entire space between them and the car they park next to....please cut down on how much space you leave between the car you park next to. We don't want to have to start assigning space or directing drivers where to park...however as car counts increase through the season, we may have to do this.... Look at the numbers on the fences, look for dividers...try to park in the spaces identified, not matter how unclear they may be, please try!!!

Tech:
As it was last time....it will be again! Tech for both divisions will take place after the Big Car event. Drivers finishing in the paying positions and one more position must report to tech...we will call for you either over the scanners, or when you are pulling into the pits. IF you return to the pits when you should be in tech....DO NOT OPEN YOUR HOOD!!! We will call for you over the PA system. If you notice we are calling for you, a teammate or someone who is parked near you...let them know!!! This could be the difference between a DQ and a Top 5!!!!

Pre-tech:
Will remain safety items only and a brief visual inspection for blatantly illegal items. Report to the pre-race tech area with ALL safety equipment! Some drivers were observed to not be wearing fire-suits last race....we need to be assured each and every driver has a fire-suit! If you request a more detailed pre-race tech from the Tech Official, it will not guarantee legality... Legality is determined post-race only. If your car doesn't start, can't pull vacuum, has illegal tires, etc....you will be DQ'd. We will give you time to correct issues such as getting the car to start and run....however, you cannot tune the car to run right....

Finally, NEETS NEWS and T-shirts!!!!
The NEETS News will be making it's return at this next race!!! The NEETS News is a small program with updates on the recent happenings, previous race and current standings, sponsor mentions, upcoming events and photos! It is a neet little book that we will be selling in the registration office and hopefully in the grandstands as well....still working on finding someone to walk the stands during/before the races....

NEETS T-shirts will be available at the registration office as well! $5 per shirt, sized from L-XXXL. Last season, everyone wanted 2-3XL shirts....this season everyone wants M....funny how the economy is helping everyone lose weight I guess! LOL!!!

Any questions...feel free to ask!

See you all in a week!

critter
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
i get to share with popop lol , and parkin we get there early lol

DerbyN8-128
05-02-2010, 08:25 PM
i get to share with popop lol , and parkin we get there early lol

thats the first thing I thought when I read that haha :lol::lol:

I agree with cutting down the special race...in my opinion 50 laps is too many

critter
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
great minds think alike nate lol

Philter39
05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Joe

The only problem I see if any of the cars to be teched that will also compete in the ladies

race. This will not apply to me as I will be bringing 3 cars. But you should have a plan in case

plan. phil

critter
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
good question phil,never know that 00 could pull a top 5 off

CJfilms
05-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Solution to ladies racing in a top 5 car: The female driver needs to report to the infield to get in the car....IF modifications need to be made so she can reach the pedals or see over the wheel....Two crew members will be permitted to make the alterations to the vehicle WHILE in the infield.

Work can only be done to the inside compartment of the car...if anyone opens a hood or trunk, an official must be present...limited to adding water and fuel only, no hand tools permitted under the hood before tech....

Water under the hood and fuel in the trunk...Critter....because I know you're going to joke around about that one! :lol:

critter
05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
now would i do that lol

punchy
05-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Ladies are using transponders from now on right Joe?

STU
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
$5 shirts?! Joe, Save me a XL and a XXXL For me

CJfilms
05-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Ladies will be using Transponders!

Stu, will have them waiting for you!