PDA

View Full Version : seperate division ??

j-rod
05-02-2010, 07:49 PM
after watching yesterday, i think some of the 'freshmen' drivers are getting the short end of the stick. clearly there were about 4 or 5 'freshmen' drivers that were better than 4-5 of the non-'freshmen' drivers, how can you say they cant run the main if some of them are better than some of the non- 'freshmen'???

FERGBIZZ
05-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I totally missed the "freshman" race...didn't know they were doing that before 5pm

Ka$h25
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah someone asked me about it and I told them I dont think they ran the freshman race... :confused:

JDMotorsports
05-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Ok, I generally keep my mouth shut but this time I feel the right to speak out. First off it was a great disappointment to see how the "freshman" class was handled. What was the point of running it before 5pm? The class was run like it was a 10 lap/10 min practice session. They weren't even part of the opening drivers meeting.....

Next rant, Heats... With a car count of over 30 cars (including freshman) why didn't they split it into A/B and a feature event?????? Why not run half the TOTAL field between the A and B with top 8 or 10 finishes going in to the final, this would quickly narrow the field out.

Also what makes someone a "freshman"....

Is it someone that's young and fresh out of karting?
Is it someone that's never raced at Riverhead?
Maybe it's someone that has 12+ years of racing experience that took sometime off and is now getting back in......?
How did the officials categorize each individual?

I'll finish off by saying that I ran in the "freshman" class... and finished in the top 5. In no way did I have the winning car for either division but that shouldn't classify someone as a freshman, correct?
Lastly, I had family and friends come to support my team and RIVERHEAD to only miss my race because the show starts at 5pm and not 4-4:30... Oh and lets not forget the sponsors.

Thanks for listening

-John

chevycraft
05-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Which car were you ? what number ?

MSK27
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
You are right .It's not fair to run the race before the scheduled time.Not only are fans,family and sponsors short changed but the drivers and crew are denied there 15 minutes of fame.

JDMotorsports
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Kevin,
I'll give you a clue, nice touch going into turn 1/2.... :confused:

All day we battled a slipping clutch and then for the race we loosened the car too much.

John

chevycraft
05-03-2010, 02:02 PM
John, first off , there were two drivers meetings , If you were at the first meeting you should have asked all the questions you have now , back then . Instead of having "computer mouth" now . as for me and you in turn s 1/2 , sounds to me like your car wasn`t fast, be it the slipping clutch or inexperience driving ... if you had experience and your clutch was slipping, you should have started in the back as to not cause an accident or be in the way .I applaud Riverhead raceway for their efforts for starting this class up .

JDMotorsports
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Kevin,
Relax, I meant no harm in saying that about turns 1 & 2, and I'm not looking to get off on the wrong foot either. Honestly I knew you were coming and I had my issues, in your shoes I would've done the same going into turns 1 & 2. Seriously man no foul, so lets move on.

As far computer mouth, point taken but I accepted what riverhead had to say "then" and looking forward I feel it can be improved for better of the group. If you feel that we got the best of day then that's fine....I didn't, can I have that right?...thanks.

BTW, I did start in the rear.

John

chevycraft
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
John, I understand what you are saying ,but if we didn`t have a "freshman" division and we had 36 cars and used heat races for all 36 cars and started 24 cars that means that people would be going home with out a feature , then those people will be complaining about not getting enough seat time and paying to race and not racing . we have had this car for 5 years , won a championship , finished 2nd last year , with a great driver who has a lot of talent . this year my son has stepped in and gotten behind the wheel , we have to start in the freshman class ....when the officials feel he is ready they will move him up until then we will travel and get as much seat time as possible...as for all the rest we all need to be positive and remain patient as this freshman class grows experience everyone will benefit and cars will be less likely to get damaged and everyone will get faster and be more competitive.we started the feature 26th and finished 11th avoided several cautions never got in any ones way, and even let 2 cars go by that were faster..Thanks Kevin

JDMotorsports
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Kevin,
Agreed, no one wants to go home. Maybe we can change it up by running the freshman during the main show and more laps, like 15. Is there a time constraint for the night and that's why they ran us early?

I stayed to watch the main legends race and took notice of how you guys ran, and actually I think you did very well. And you started all the way back.

My biggest upset is not running after 5pm, we had a lot of people come to watch but missed our race. I guess they should've been there earlier.

All that said, I can't wait for the next race. :)

chevycraft
05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
okay , I`m glad thats all straight now , I agree on more laps and more time too, so instead of trashing something new and what most feel is a good thing...... plus this forum gets read by those in the main office , lets try not to start a fire on this forum....this way were part of the solution rather then the problem , that will get us the respect we would like ...thanks kevin

FERGBIZZ
05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Yea then the start time goes back to like 6pm. This weeks "feature racing" was supposed to start at 5.

unowho243
05-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I think the freshmen class thing isnt very fair Like someone said earlier i think there should be an A B main or heat races this freshmen thing is going to leave a lot of people upset and a lot of their sponsors upset also