PDA

View Full Version : So whose idea was it to...

Sicklajoie
05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
make it so you can't pit for tires and gas at the same time?? Why?? Just another gimmick?? It didn't work for the truck series so why do it for the mods??
Dumb idea IMO

Magicshoes12
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
thats just nascar being nascar....does it surprise you?? lol.....like the saying goes, "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Sicklajoie
05-03-2010, 02:59 PM
It's the same thing with the haulers being lined up by points?? I just shake my head and go "Why??"

GM2
05-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm guessing that they think that it will make pit road safer and possibly less expensive for the teams since they can't have as many people over pit road so they won't need to bring as many people to the track.

And how else would you line up the haulers? first come, first parked?

holleratme
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm guessing that they think that it will make pit road safer and possibly less expensive for the teams since they can't have as many people over pit road so they won't need to bring as many people to the track.

And how else would you line up the haulers? first come, first parked?

WELL they are not the same size AS IN CUP and some competitors use motels some reside local SO IF "your spot" is on the side that you can not unhook on and you need to use a motel does someone provide transportation to the motel like NASCAR OR do you park in a spot where your needs are able to accomplished without causing confusion....... Seems officials had it down pat

GM2
05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
WELL they are not the same size AS IN CUP and some competitors use motels some reside local SO IF "your spot" is on the side that you can not unhook on and you need to use a motel does someone provide transportation to the motel like NASCAR OR do you park in a spot where your needs are able to accomplished without causing confusion....... Seems officials had it down pat

Aah.. ok, now I see the conundrum. They don't take that into consideration when parking the haulers? I would have thought that they would have known which teams would need to get their haul vehicle disconnected, yet while trying to keep the teams in some semblance of points.

invisible
05-06-2010, 06:28 PM
The hauler parking by points hasn't really been an issue yet this year, as no one has really followed it (as far as I can tell). The officials have been very lenient to parking trucks for guys that need to unhitch, and in other instances parking trucks in their long-time spots (ex: the 3 and 4 cars being parked next to each other at the far right hand end at Stafford).

As far as no fuel and tires on the same stop - it was the same way at Martinsville last season. There has been no official statement as to why.