PDA

View Full Version : So who here...

Sicklajoie
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
did the double of Stafford/Monadnock or Waterford??
When the yellow/checkers fell at Stafford I beatfeet out to the parking lot and zoomed up to Maddog and was in my seat at 7:10. I had a nice drafting partner in a maroon Ford Fusion who gave me a nice push the whole way up there. :)
Good day of racing all around.

SUfan
05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I confess it was me. I followed you right out of a strategically positioned parking spot right outside of the pit gate all of the way to Monadnock. You set a perfect (65 mph?!) pace so all I could do was follow you there. Too bad Stafford started an hour late so we arrived just after the Mod heats were done. I'm still trying to figure out how Rowan got there within 20 minutes of us without even getting on any highways.

limodmaniac
05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
We had one of the best parking places to get out of the track...but had to wait for the driver who was too busy talking to Justin Bonsignore , who was about to make the attempt at the greatest race of them all..Stafford to the Cross Sound Ferry Sea Jet, in order to make it to Riverhead for the race there. But when Mod11Racer showed up, we booked on down 190 towards 91, where we picked up Bobby1717. Then upon arriving, we saw Stonigtonmodmania and his dad in the parking lot waiting for us, so we could all find seats together. Unfortunately, we didn't get the Riverside Park seats we wanted because the place was packed.

Thanks again to Mod11Racer for doing the driving.

invisible
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I made the trip too, except I made it after tech inspection was finished and one of the last Tour haulers had left the paddock. Made it just in time to see the Sport Mod feature. Good little run from Stafford to Monadnock, though I couldn't help but think about how all of those big Cup-style rigs will make that hilly bit and through town there, nevermind the soft sand in parts of the parking lot.

MXCHAMP04
05-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I did the double too. Got to monadnock just before the first feature event. The MRS race was much better than the whelen race IMO. Seeing the actual racing, drivers jockeying for position, and Jarvis come through the pack was much better than the follow the leader stuff at the whelen race.

Magicshoes12
05-07-2010, 12:38 PM
I did the double too. Got to monadnock just before the first feature event. The MRS race was much better than the whelen race IMO. Seeing the actual racing, drivers jockeying for position, and Jarvis come through the pack was much better than the follow the leader stuff at the whelen race.

what was even better about Jarvis winning was that he was on older tires than the other guys as well!! Don't forget he had to make it in from the conci race! that was great....but honestly i can't say one was better than the other....stafford was a good race for stafford (not the greatest) and the MRS race was a great race for Maddog....kinda like compairing a daytona race to a richmond race or something...both were great shows!!!! LETS GET READY FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!

stabone
05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I confess it was me. I followed you right out of a strategically positioned parking spot right outside of the pit gate all of the way to Monadnock. You set a perfect (65 mph?!) pace so all I could do was follow you there. Too bad Stafford started an hour late so we arrived just after the Mod heats were done. I'm still trying to figure out how Rowan got there within 20 minutes of us without even getting on any highways.

Ya Kevin we took the back roads threw palmer {I forget what rtes they are now} that the 16 team gave us...We actually got lost I think we would of been there quicker.....