PDA

View Full Version : I Hate To Do This: Martinsville Purse

MOD11RACER
05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
It looks like are beloved Modifieds take another hit in the purse.

Martinsville Modifieds 2009 200 Laps.
Posted Purse: $131,427
1st place money: $8,500 / with bonus money $9,534
43rd place to start $1,350

:mad::mad::mad:
Martinsville Modifieds 2010 200 laps.
Posted Purse: $93,064 a Decrease of $38,363
1st place money: $6,000 a Decrease of $2,500
35th place to start: $1,000 a Decrease of $350 and 8 less Modifieds to start.

Martinsville K&N East Series 200 laps.
Posted Purse $125,542
1st place: $7,000
32nd place to start: $1050

K&N posted purse is $32,478 more than the WMT purse.

Come on NASCAR this is totally unacceptable.

limodmaniac
05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
You have got to be kidding me. They better run the modifieds first.. I will lead the people out of the place

And if the mods are running last, I will glady join people in the parking lot to boycott the Pro Series. Then go back in for the modifieds.

Sicklajoie
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Wouldn't you know it, Martinsville is an ISC track, meaning it's owned by NASCAR.

modfan4ever
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Sounds like NASCAR really hates the Division that started it all and the mods bring in the most people to see a GOOD race....what do you think?

Axel
05-05-2010, 05:59 AM
y'know nascar really has you over the barrel. (and they prolly know it)

You wanna support these drivers and owners and teams, but not nascar for doing this kinda stuff. So if you boycott, you hurt the people you wanna help the most. If you go, you support a sanctioning body that seems to go out of it's way to hurt the modified division.

So many good things like TV coverage made me feel more optomistic, but this kinda has you scratchin your head. :confused:

Jaws
05-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I know it stinks but you can not keep compairing the 2 series unless you want to drive yourself crazy. The K & N east is their developmental series and it will always be this way.

The problem for the mod race there is since the first year they brought it back this race the crowd has been getting smaller and smaller, for many reasons. (Not being a Sat. night race under the lights comes to mind)

They had to have been loosing money on the race at least the last 2 years and please don't freak out at this statement we are lucky the race is on the schedule at all.

Lets show them a good crowd this year and maybe it comes back up next year.

Magicshoes12
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
i think what also might have hurt it....is the fact that its not a combination race....you won't have as many southern tour guys showing up because its not worth the little money and blah blah blah...also why the crowd will prolly be a lil smaller this year too...I will be there though supporting them all execpt a few lol....

MOD11RACER
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Axel & Jaws:

I agree with both of your statements, but with that said it still isn't right to have the Modified purse redused $38,363. That's a big hit and still unacceptable.

The only fans that will be in the stands will be us Modified Fans.

limodmaniac
05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Jaws;149741]I know it stinks but you can not keep compairing the 2 series unless you want to drive yourself crazy. The K & N east is their developmental series and it will always be this way.

You are right . There is nothing I can do about it. But I will NOT sit in the stands and watch that race. And if enough people did the same thing, it would at least send a message. ( not that I think I can get enough people to walk out with me! )

skbob
05-06-2010, 08:49 AM
the only way it would show THEM is if you didn't buy a ticket for the fender car race, but its probably 1 ticket if its a combination race.
the modifieds will always get screwed & that SUCKS
but thats NASCAR for ya.:mad:

Teds Race Tours
05-06-2010, 11:43 PM
you have got to be kidding me. They better run the modifieds first.. I will lead the people out of the place

and if the mods are running last, i will glady join people in the parking lot to boycott the pro series. Then go back in for the modifieds.

mods are running first...1pm start time.

limodmaniac
05-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Please follow me to the parking lot.