PDA

View Full Version : Double file restarts the whole race?

bulldozer
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I heard double file restarts the whole race going to be tested at riverhead.SHould be fun and interesting.

nflobster
05-04-2010, 10:25 PM
mods had a hard time lastyear. quite a few ended up single file after the carnage

Ka$h25
05-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I like the idea as long as it's a short leash. It COULD make for better racing but it could also make for more accidents. And it should stop the guys in the back jumping early to the outside which always bothered me in the past.

Definitely worth experimenting in my opinion.

Wheel Racing
05-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I think it's great and Kash is right about cutting down the jumping on re-starts when they are single file. I just hope they stay consistent and treat everyone the same. It would only be fair to drivers like Johnny Gloor who had the Legends race stolen from him last week. Time will tell, but I hope it works out and makes for some exciting racing. It will definitely force some guys to try their hand in the outside groove instead of relying on the "punt-pass".

RovinPromotions
05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh ya mean like the 56 jumpin the restart on the inside in the charger main..lets put a [4] fourth set of eyes out there.all they could tell me was "let me see what steve viewed in the booth". good luck with that new rule....

bulldozer
05-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I was talking to Greg Kelila about the double file restarts and he brought up a great point. What are we going to do with the lap cars? SInce we arent going to let them lineup with the lead pack i think then they should go to a lucky dog just like cup or the tour. What if i get a flat come back through the field to 3 and im one lap down.Are they going to put me to the back of the pack with the lapped cars or are they going to let me try to get my lap back? Thats where the lucky dog would help some guys get back on the lead lap and not be in the way on the restarts.WHat does everyone else think of this?

SuperShafts
05-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Lucky dog....get a lap back.... Racing never had none of that nonsense... (yeah we know why they did it, lame)

That putting jam cars in the way nascar used to do was pitiful, and un-sporting...lets line up umpteen cars that have no chance to win create problems for the # 2 , 3 , 4 and 5th place cars...unless it was under 10 laps....that was a stupid rule....so 11 to go and YOU are the 5th place car... but your starting 10th....WTH, stupidity... plain simple utter stupidity... it took away from being 5th place....you weren't 5th place, you were in row 5...it was retarded

Lead lap cars having to restart with jam cars was insane....

Your in position 5 or 10 or whatever....you restart in that position... if you are running behind the 5th place car, but 1 lap down and the 6th place car is behind you..... YOU don't restart in the 5A position..... it's just stupid...

You're a lap down and in a 20 car field, your number 20, your one lap down and 3 other cars are 2 laps down you are number 17, the other 3 are lined up according to how THEY were running ...

Should always be a double line... Thats the way i see it....

I think every form of racing should also start from a standing stop.... like F-1 and Scca..