PDA

View Full Version : LI Mod Maniac !!!

Fkraft99
05-06-2010, 07:16 PM
How about some Kudos for Jim Schaefer. By far the BEST race fan on the planet! For years has sponsored the Brunnhoelzl family. Since then he has given money to many racers, that needed it to get their cars on the track, and without Jim would have prob sat home. Last year donated his own money to the purse for the Riverhead Tour show. All that alone should be enough for a HUGE thank you from everyone in the modified community! But it doesnt stop there....

This year Jim has raised enough money(much of his own again) to nearly double the purse for the Riverhead tour race with the winner gettin upwards for $5000 up from about $2600 last year,and doubling the money to start from $300 to $600. And still thats not it. I read in a post Jim made that the Winner of the Hall of Fame 100 will receive an extra $1000, and to help promote the race to outsiders there is also a $500 bonus for the highest finishing tour car in the field.

For all this all he asks for in return is Great Modified racing. So on May 15th, and those of you that are running on July 31st, Lets give him the show he deserves.

Thank you Jim for all you do for Riverhead Raceway, and Modified Racing!!!

Golf Guy
05-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Tremendous effort. As a fan of everything racing at Riverhead I thank you for all you do.

unowho243
05-06-2010, 08:44 PM
very cool! that definitely deserves a huge thank you

Jaws
05-06-2010, 10:25 PM
How about some Kudos for Jim Schaefer. By far the BEST race fan on the planet! For years has sponsored the Brunnhoelzl family. Since then he has given money to many racers, that needed it to get their cars on the track, and without Jim would have prob sat home. Last year donated his own money to the purse for the Riverhead Tour show. All that alone should be enough for a HUGE thank you from everyone in the modified community! But it doesnt stop there....

This year Jim has raised enough money(much of his own again) to nearly double the purse for the Riverhead tour race with the winner gettin upwards for $5000 up from about $2600 last year,and doubling the money to start from $300 to $600. And still thats not it. I read in a post Jim made that the Winner of the Hall of Fame 100 will receive an extra $1000, and to help promote the race to outsiders there is also a $500 bonus for the highest finishing tour car in the field.

For all this all he asks for in return is Great Modified racing. So on May 15th, and those of you that are running on July 31st, Lets give him the show he deserves.

Thank you Jim for all you do for Riverhead Raceway, and Modified Racing!!!

Freddie, Jim is working hard to get tow money for the tour race too.....TOW MONEY!!! he is much more than a fan.

bulldozer
05-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Jim use to take me to all the racetracks when i was young. He even use to drive me around in a gokart at karts a go go in hampton bays because i was to scared to drive by myself. I guess you can say he was one of the first to teach me how to drive. He is an unbelivable race fan. Thank god theres still people out there like him.

limodmaniac
05-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Have to confirm that the above is true. Yes, Chris Turbush, the guy who runs 20 divisions at Riverhead, at one point in his life was too chicken to drive a go kart at Karts A Go Go in Hampton Bays. I know many fans will be crushed to learn this is true, but at one point in his life he was not Superman.

Turbo
05-07-2010, 07:19 AM
:applause::applause: Cant ask for a better fan. I was mad that I didnt get him as a teacher in school because I missed out on those trips to the racetracks in connecticut/massachussetts when i was younger and back then that was like going to the daytona 500 to me.
I could always remember jim and enterougue sittin in turn 4 at Riverhead, probably had the biggest fan club and they were all wearing red 8x eddie brunhoelzl jackets.

Keep up the support jim!! your definately keeping racing alive in the northeast.

Jaykwaz
05-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Schaef has always been about racing, he would take a lot of of us to races. Me, Chris McGuire, Chris Turbush, Mark Tooker Jr. many of his kids from class. We would play Pole Position or Ivan Stewarts Off Road on the ferry rides over. Leave early and make detours to the Seekonk slick track. We would go to one track then camp out and go to another the next day. One time me, Chris McGuire and Mark Tooker slept in the back of his Chevy Blazer cause Chris saw a racoon the size of a bear, or something like that. Man we were a bunch of sissies as kids huh Bub. Jim created a lot of race fans through teaching. I remember his students wearing Eddie Brunnhoelzl Jr. racing T-shirts for field day. I have a lot of great memories of races Jim brought me to. From making Luke cry because I picked Reggie for the mod tour race even to Jim coming to my baseball games.

Jim has been great to my family for years as well as being a close friend to us outside of racing. I can't thank him enough for all that he has done for myself and my family.

catfish
05-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Definition of a TRUE FAN

daracer10
05-07-2010, 10:15 PM
My Uncle Jim is a true inspiration to myself along with many of my friends and the racing community. He has absolute devotion for Modified racing and racing on Long Island. I remember being 8 years old going to the track with him knowing that I had to root for the 8x modified and thats it. From that moment on racing was in my blood and he is the reason why I love this sport so much. He shows a true test of character and is someone that anyone should look up to. His ability to help others has gone a long way and he has had such an impact on my life. His contributions to this sport goes way beyond what anyone could expect and it goes to show what a true love for racing can do. You are unbelievable and I admire you greatly

Matt Schaefer

str8up
05-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Jim great race fan and an even better friend. Thanks for all you have done for my family and of course me.