PDA

View Full Version : 05/08/10 - Wall Stadium

RGeeProductions
05-09-2010, 02:57 PM
PETE BRITTAIN SWEEPS TOURING MODIFIEDS TWIN 50 LAP RACES AT WALL STADIUM SATURDAY NIGHT

“Pistol Pete” Brittain of Allentown, the 1990 driving champion here, proved to all that he still knows the fast way around the Wall Stadium oval Saturday night by taking wins in both 50-lap feature races for Touring Modified stock cars. Brittain dedicated his victories to the memory of his father, who passed away during the winter, and to fellow competitor Jim Willis, who died suddenly of natural causes on Thursday at age 37.

In the first 50-lapper Brittain started on the pole position by the luck of the draw and led the entire distance. He was forced to fight off attacks from Toms Rivers’ Tim Arre early in the race and later in the contest from Neptune’s Tommy Farrell. Finishing behind Brittain and Farrell in the first race was Howell’s Jamie Tomaino in third, Steven Reed of Freehold, fourth and Marc Rogers of Toms River, fifth.

After starting seventh in the second 50-lapper, Brittain immediately began his march through the field at the initial green flag while Jackson’s Kevin Flockhart took the early lead. Reed was Flockhart’s first challenger, but Brittain soon arrived in second and started to taunt the leader. Near the halfway point in the race, Brittain was able to swing his Martinelli Motorsports No. 22 to the outside lane and after two laps of racing side-by-side Brittain powered to the front for good. Flockhart held on for second, while Arre, Matawan’s Anthony Sesely and Farrell completed the top five.

“This is a new team for me and things are just going great,” Brittain said. “My new owner and my new crew are just great people to work with. We’ve had this car at the track three times and it has been fast out of the trailer every time.

“I knew that there wasn’t much traction in the outside lane tonight, but I also knew if any car could win both races this one could. I like racing in the outside lane here and the car was real good there. I think I passed everyone in the outside lane.”

After wrestling for the lead with East Brunswick’s Andrew Krause early in the race, Kevin Eyres of Colts Neck took command of the Sportsman 25-lapper on lap 12 when Krause’s mount lost power. From that point on Eyres, the defending champion, never looked back as he raced to victory over Brick’s Robert Sutphin, Howell’s Eric Mauriello, Christian LaCicero of Lavallette and Wall’s Allan Camp.

Trevor Alspach of Willingboro won his third 25-lap Legend Cars main event of the year, grabbing the lead on lap eight. Defending champ Mark Tischler of Martinsville, Kevin Nowak of Medford, N.Y., Zach Alspach of Willingboro and Brian Spencer of Edison wrapped up the top five.

After wrecking his car in his first three outings, Keansburg’s Jerry Stanzione turned around his early season by winning the Street Stock 25-lapper. Ray Minieri of Bay Shore, N.Y., Carl Thomas of Tinton Falls, Jackson’s Howie Conk and Hazlet’s Gregg Miranda were second through fifth.

After first and second place finishing Joe Helberg of Union and Whitey Miller of Jamesburg failed to pass a post-race inspection, Brick’s Paul Hartwig was awarded the win in the Flanagan Retail Development Factory Stock 20-lap main event. Wall’s Roy Farfel, Rick Siddons of Beachwood, Jim Downey of Cliffwood Beach and Chris Felber of Brick completed the top five finishers.

Wall Stadium will be a busy place this coming weekend. On Friday night (May 14), the speedway hosts its first “Cruise Night” of the year from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. On Friday night, the pit area will be filled with custom cars, classic cars muscle cars and street rods and fans are invited to come and see these special cars free of charge. A highlight of the evening is when these restored machines are invited to tour the third mile paved oval speedway making for a true “cruise night.”

Then on Saturday and Sunday during the daylight hours, the World Karting Association will take over the facility for two days of action.

Saturday night racing action will then continue on May 22 as the Supreme Manufacturing Modifieds battle in a 40-lap race. Also on the May 22 agenda will be the Sportsman cars, Street Stocks, Legend Cars and the Factory Stocks in a 40-lap feature race.

Wall Stadium presents professional motorsports events on most Saturdays and Sundays during the summer months. The speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while more information is also available at www.wallspeedway.com (http://www.wallspeedway.com).

1ST TOURING MODIFIEDS – 50 Laps – 1. PETE BRITTAIN, ALLENTOWN, 2. Tommy Farrell, 3. Jamie Tomaino, 4. Steven Reed, 5. Marc Rogers, 6. Les Hinckley, 7. Kevin Flockhart, 8. Tony Ferrante, Jr., 9. Harry Schaefer, 10. Bill Weichert, 11. Tim Arre, 12. Rich Parker, 13. Andy Walko, 14. Anthony Sesely, 15. Nick Gargiulo, 16. Amanda Sesely, 17. Chas Okerson.

2ND TOURING MODIFIEDS – 50 Laps – 1. PETE BRITTAIN, 2. Flockhart, 3. Arre, 4. Anthony Sesely, 5. Farrell, 6. Reed, 7. Hinckley, 8. Ferrante, 9. Parker, 10. Rogers, 11. Walko, 12. Weichert, 13. Gargiulo, 14. Tomaino, 15. Okerson, 16. Amanda Sesely

SPORTSMAN FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. KEVIN EYRES, COLTS NECK, 2. Robert Sutphin, 3. Eric Mauriello, 4. Christian LaCicero, 5. Allan Camp, 6. Charlie Kremer III, 7. Joe King, Jr., 8. Danielle Rondeau, 9. Adam Gordon, 10. Ryan Cottrell, 11. Andrew Krause, 12. Kyle Reinhardt, 13. David Calabreeze, 14. Kevin Davison, 15. Brien Hamer, 16. Mike Poletto, 17. Rob Gaiser, DNS Joe Schmutz

LEGEND CARS FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. TREVOR ALSPACH, WILLINGBORO, 2. Mark Tischler, 3. Kevin Nowak, 4. Zach Alspach, 5. Brian Spencer, 6. Robert French, 7. Derek Hopkinson, 8. Malcolm Campbell, 9. Joe Mongeau, 10. Kenny Van Wickle, 11. Mike Fulton, 12. Ron Poley, 13. Bobby Baltera, 14. Steve West, 15. Beth MacFarlane

STREET STOCK FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. JERRY STANZIONE, KEANSBURG, 2. Ray Minieri, 3. Carl Thomas, 4. Howie Conk, 5. Gregg Miranda, 6. Bill Vanderveen, 7. Anthony Grimaldi, 8. Mike Tillett, 9. Jon Meyer, 10. Mitch Brudy, 11. Jack Sayegh, 12. Kurt Brechka, 13. Mike Kennedy, 14. Tim LaBrecque

FACTORY STOCK FEATURE – 20 Laps – 1. PAUL HARTWIG, JR., BRICK, 2. Roy Farfel, 3. Rick Siddons, 4. Jim Downey, 5. Chris Felber, 6. Dan Birdsall, 7. Troy Gant, 8. Todd Pilla, 9. Tim O’Shea, 10. Steve Lynch, 11. Rob Longo, 12. John Gasko, 13. John Bowers, DQ Joe Helberg and Whitey Miller

Jeff Gravatt

ModTourMan
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
A bit light on Tour Mods, but heavy on action last Saturday night...I thought there were pretty decent races all night especially considering the weather.

coachjim
05-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes great show nice feild of cars and No JB wonderful:)

zombo
05-17-2010, 04:24 PM
there were a couple cars from pa that stayed home due to the weather.