PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the "treat" kenny rodgers

CAPTAIN
05-09-2010, 08:50 PM
What happened to less water in the turns kenny??? What hapened to we will talk about it in the drivers meeting kenny??? Instead of talking about it, you stormed away from the meeting like a little girl. "shake, shake, shake, your head, your still getting the water" . I believe those were your last words to us. All that the drivers wanted was less water so we can race, instead we got a ton more water, and a pleasant " just take it easy for the first 15 laps. We did not pay for a 85 lap race. Do the modifieds race in those conditions??? How come the speedsters did not get the same condition, Well mister rodgers, the track did not come around until about lap 35. Thats about 20 laps longer then your 15 lap estimate, so we got a we a 65 lap race. We all support your track, at least you can listen to us drivers and support us, and give us what we want to race on, not ram it through our pants. I believe you did it on purpose just to prove a point that you do not want to be told what to do. All i got out of today was a totaled car that wasn't even mine. I like running at your track kenny, but you really screwed us all today. You can ban me if you want, i really do not care, i will be returning, but hopefully you will listen to us, AND THIS NONSENSE WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.
Congrads to the winner, and all that placed. Captain in the 911

Danger83Ranger
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
wo wo wo, a little harsh there. but i have to admit, the title made me laugh.

your right, it was a cold day and the sun was in and out so the track did not dry up as planned. I got pushed high in turns 3-4 a few times and one time i had 100% no control over my truck and i slid sideways straight into the treacherous turn 4 wall. this was around lap 40-50? wow was it a hit, the truck survived, but it rattled the heck out of me. after that, my truck sputtered on and off the rest of the race. sometimes it would drop down to 35 mph at full throttle. are the drivers in danger in those conditions should be the question.

but all in all, im not upset, it was fun and I will be back.

mcstockcar
05-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I think it made things interesting out there as usaual, It a good test of driver skill. It sure tested what little bit of time I have on dirt. I did spin out in the mud but learned to keep out of trouble. (when all else fails- dump your car in the infield instead of getting blasted!:lol:)
A few people have to have more patience out there until the track begins to "hook up". Take it easy....the race dont need to be won in the first 10 laps...nor do it pay anymore for leading the race right away. The ones who hang back and wait (as I) for the track to work can benefit from it. As that being said; the ones who go ape $h*! and try going as fast as they can end up taking out other cars around them. Thats what pi$$e$ me off. I dont look forward to fixing my car every week because of someones need to blast down the track sliding into everyone in the first 10-15 laps. Take it easy... were here to have fun. Its an enduro race.... if it were asphalt theyd wet that down too. Thanks to everyone today who showed up today. I had a great 1st race out. I saw some great racing out there, and some FAST cars! :) I got no beef with Kenny...Were in his sandbox playin!;)

Danger83Ranger
05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I agree Jack, in the small cars there were plenty of inpatient drivers. and this was over the halfway point! i understand im underpowered and slow out there, but cutting me off and slamming into my rear, was that really necessary people? i was so close to losing my temper a few times :mad:

CAPTAIN
05-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Who was racing at lap 10??? No one was!!!

jag
05-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Very well said Capt. You could tell it was all for spite. Also 30 laps of patience is alittle long.

dirtmodfan
05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I have no idea what happened at the meeting (I was late), but there was a ton of water on the track. I had to use a tearoff before we even took the green. Can we please cut back a little bit? I understand that you are trying to keep the dust down, but a lot of cars end up getting destroyed/wrecked because of the we track.

Let's face it. We all want to race. If the track was made of ice we would still try to go fast. A little less water would make for better, safer racing conditions in both classes. I did not see the speedsters slipping and sliding around.

All-in-all I had a lot of fun today. The flat tire was a disappointment because of someone driving over his head (you know who you are....that's two times now).

Good luck to everyone next week at Big D. See you then or on the 6th on the Hill.

:cheers:

rk1714
05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I feel the same Captain!!!!! Even in the 4 Cyl. (race)I could not even toucch the gas at all until the 60th lap or more!! Why !!! This is not what I want . My car I know is better than what it showed today . Who is the PROMOTOR of this race ?????????? I shook my head at the drivers meeting and Mr. Rodgers said shake your head I`m gonna put water on the track , AND RAN AWAY !

DerbyN8-128
05-09-2010, 10:15 PM
wow...sounds like I didn't miss much today :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Philter39
05-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I raced the TRACK for 100 laps. I enjoyed all 100 laps.It got fast in the groove.And stayed slippery out of the groove. You just had to race with patience. I watched much of the big car race.And many drivers raced with patience and you know they finished in the money. Sure the speedsters had a dry track.And with the 13 or so of them in 25 laps it was dusty.Was there too much water? phil

rk1714
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Why wasn`t the track wet for the speedsters? They dont produce as much dust?????? Bull@##t

Philter39
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
America sure is great. Freedom of speech. For now. phil

CJfilms
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
This is the one thread I want to reply to tonight and it is going to be short, simple and clear....

Please keep what you write clean, this is supposed to be a family-friendly series.

Please understand your words will be heard....although it may seem we aren't doing anything about some complaints....hopefully you will understand after today that there are some things we, the series, cannot control.

Freedom of speech is still free here, I'm not going to edit/modify this thread unless it gets out of hand....please keep it clean and focused.

Thank you.

Poppop
05-10-2010, 05:22 AM
:)Just my two cents but I think there would have been a safer track if the water was stopped short of the wall. I made the mistake of getting out of the groove somewhere around lap 30 and couldn't keep it from hitting the wall. Fortunatly I kept it straight coming off the wall and didn't involve any other cars. The same thing happened right after Dave B flipped and the groove was blocked but I wasn't going nearly as fast and still just slid into it. All in all I had a good race with little damage and that was my own fault for being impatient and not staying in the groove. :cheers:

gutter7
05-10-2010, 06:17 AM
The 911 getting wrecked can't all be blamed on the track. You had to know something bad was going to happen going that fast across the infield (turn one, to the end of the back stretch opening) out onto a wet track with a pack of cars coming.

It sucks the car got wrecked. but like the cops say "you may have entered too fast for conditions".

Stage a sit out...when they throw the green next time, everyone pull in to the infield and wait for the trak to dry.

gutter7
05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I guess the fact that you were off track in the first place could be blamed on the wet conditions.

BIGDADDY64
05-10-2010, 07:49 AM
in my opinion the track was really wet but as stated we just need to be patient i think we need to do that cause if the kenny bashing keeps up we might lose the oppuetunity to race here. i dont know about anyone else but i dont want to see that happen

Poppop
05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
:applause:I'm with you 100 percent Big Daddy.:applause:

CJfilms
05-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Good morning!

Ok, I'm going to try to hit all topics covered here in this reply...it may be a little lengthy...

Starting at the bottom and working my way up:

Big Daddy: Patience is a virtue, right you are....as well as Kenny may not take the abuse online and eventually pull the plug...so, everyone needs to calm down and help us work things out.

Gutter: I almost want to say that I like your idea to stage a sit-out until the track dries....however, we all know about 20 or so cars will pull in to the infield and the rest will go racing. Once the guys in the infield realize we aren't stopping the race since half the cars out there are racing, they'll either start late and end up REALLY ticked off at the end of the day or demand their money back.

Poppop: Good idea, less water around the high side may prevent the wall from being hit so much...

RK1714: Wet track for open wheeled cars weighing practically nothing (in comparison to even a Small Car) will result in nothing but a slide fest, they won't event get traction to start moving and IF they do get moving, they will just spin, spin, spin... As for dust....I saw it too, they were throwing a great deal of dust out into the stands and pits by the end of their feature....

***Saturday night enduro***
The idea to run a Saturday night enduro came from Kenny at the beginning of this season, where he told me he would really like to see what our guys can do on a well-prepped track. My question was, why isn't the track well-prepped for ALL of our races? It has still not been addressed, also, the Saturday night idea was washed out a while back....

Philter: I'm glad you had a blast out there! I know of a good number of drivers who enjoy racing under any circumstances...thank you for being understanding, but see what I have to say to the Captain next....

Shon: Call me tonight and I will fill you in on the details...

Danger: You are right about impatient drivers. You admit to having a slower vehicle, you hold your position....if they have the faster car and they want to get around you...they need to get AROUND you....not through you. This is a whole separate issue that needs to be addressed.....remember everyone, we are out there to have fun. If racing is all about the money and the rewards...you are racing for the wrong reasons!

Jag: 30 laps of patience is a lot....

And finally, Captain!
I'm calling you out here Captain! I hope you still have the helmet you showed me in the infield....unwashed. Please try to get a photo of that helmet and upload it on the forum....or email it to me directly.

The Captain showed me his helmet which was smeared with mud....no, caked is more like it. He ran out of tear-offs by mid-race, and as Shon even said that he needed one before the green flag fell. He asked me, "Is this safe?" I can answer this honestly and tell you NO.

NEETS promotes safe and affordable racing....however, when drivers max out their tear-off supply and are out before the end of the race...something is not right. I believe that no one is tearing them off as soon as a tiny bit of mud hits your visor, however they are called tear-offs for a reason and eventually....they need to be torn-off! If drivers are losing the ability to see on the track due to something that can be corrected...it has to be corrected. We requested less water on the track and our request was denied.

I want what you want...I want what I believe Kenny wants. You want the track well-prepped and just right. Kenny wants to set it and forget it (no pun intended), so the track holds up for you for the whole race without having to stop a race to wet the track down. Not one single fan in the stands wants to be sand blasted with dirt, but they also come to see racing.

The solution needs to be that we run a drier track at the beginning of the race...one time at the very least....and work out the bugs. We've tuned up a variety of things over the years, making the show run faster and smoother...this needs to be addressed ASAP.

IF we have a drier surface and it does not hold up....the red flag comes out and we wet the track down with a few passes of the water truck. It will slow up the race at numerous times, instead of just once at the beginning. However, the slower racing at the beginning seems to be lasting longer and longer each race and as it was already said by Jag...30 laps of patience is a lot to ask.

I am MORE THAN WILLING to run the next event with a drier track...not VERY DRY, but not soaking wet. If Kenny will give us the opportunity to run on the track we all prefer, then we should all have no problems. If we cannot control this situation and drivers start to veer away from racing with NEETS or at Grandview...will it be too late to begin to try to work with them? If we start bleeding drivers, the cut will not heal.

I appreciate everyone for voicing their opinions here in a respectful manner....although the Captain did pick an interesting title....:angel:.....just remember, WE want what you want.

richardpetey
05-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Even with our government trying to destroy our constitutional rights we still have the right to express our opinions..........................:mad:
IMHO, if that track was any wetter you'd need a life raft.........................:disgusted
How do you think 30 to 40 dirt modified drivers would put up with what happened to us.......................................:confused :
Somebody needs to groom that track so the moisture stays in the track for the entire feature, IT CAN BE DONE!......................:rolleyes:
I've been racing enduros for a few years and I stay loyal to NEETS because all the other tracks and promoters never gave use any RESPECT.....................:applause:
Somebody is trying to turn what we consider enduro racing into a 1 ring circus and a wreck-fest side show..........................:help:
I'm all for showing a little patience but but where does it end and your "pain tolerance" begin..........................:(
When you clean off all that "grandview" from your enduro and see all the hidden damage and go through it time after time, maybe the "RESPECT LIGHT" will finally turn on................................................ :applause:
I'm a little frustrated, my car seems to be half way competitive, I'm gett'en the hang of the dirt thing again but 13 flats and torn sheet metal is all I have to show for it................................................ ........:eek:
Many unhappy enduro drivers out there..................What do we do?....................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CAPTAIN
05-10-2010, 09:29 AM
I am posting under the captains name because I don't want to wait to be approved to post. I have been a race fan for 30 years and have been to many different tracks and many different race types, and I have NEVER seen anything like I did at Grandview. Asking for a race car driver to be patient is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard they are there to race not for a Sunday drive. Drivers shouldn't have to be patient for a track to come around and FANS should not have to wait 30 laps to see racing or 50 laps (as it was in the 4 cylinders) I dont want to watch a slam fest and worry that the drivers might be getting hurt. I want to watch a race from beginning to end and get what I paid for. This is a DIRT track fans are going to get dirty. I"ve left dirt tracks (Grandview on a Sat. being one of them) with not a clean spot on my face! This includes dirt up my nose and in my ears. That is a part of dirt track racing.
Here is an idea and as a fan I would perfer....wet the track down some in the beginning and make a mandatory caution half way to wet it down. I would much rather this then to see 2 or 3 red flags early on because the cars can't get into the pits!
Big Diamond has no problems with their enduro with the wetting of the track or drivers having to be "patient" so it can be done! Kenny give their water guy a call and ask him how he does it. Nothing wrong with asking for help to make it right and safe, so no one gets seriously hurt because of this issue. Racing is dangerous enough no need to make it worse.
Christine Detweiler

rpkulik
05-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Kenny has a tough job, so I have been easy on him. But there was an error in the track prep yesterday. I don't think Kenny was being vindictive, regardless of his performance at the driver's meeting. Air temperature and sunshine are what should determine how much water is needed. Too much water was used yesterday because I believe that the effect of the wind was overestimated. It lasted far too long because the temps were cool and it was partly cloudy. Hopefully, Kenny will adjust his technique to according to weather conditions. I really believe he wants to do the right thing by us. We are not going to get anywhere by bashing him. What is needed is a respectful discussion so we can reach a mutually agreeable solution. I, for one, am willing to go lighter on the water and risk a red flag mid-race to re-wet the track if needed.

dirtmodfan
05-10-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree with Bob. If we need to stop it (which I do not believe we need to. Part of the enduro is adapting to the changing track conditions), so be it. But don't slick it up so that it takes 10-15 laps to get to racing conditions again.

Joe will get this handled. :cool:

Grandview is a fun place to race. I know things will get better.

:cheers:

rk1714
05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
The people who are taking Kenny`s side ,saying that we shouldn`t bash him! Well, how professional was he at the drivers meeting ? I really like racing with the NEETS crew and we`ll be at the next race. My 15 yr. old son started racing this year at Big Diamond, we had thoughts of bringing him to Grandview, but there is no way I would throw him out in those conditions!!!

CJfilms
05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Thank you Christine....it's good to hear from the drivers on a daily basis, but it helps a LOT to hear from the people on the other side of the fence.

I like all of these ideas. I would prefer less water to start and possibly red flag at lap XX, this will allow for MORE racing and less down time.... If they are worried about getting out of there sooner on a Sunday afternoon...what better way than speed up the races? Slower racing means longer races.....

Kenny, along with any of the Rogers, does not want to chase anyone away...we have a good thing going for us all at Grandview, but we need to get past these hurdles already.......it has been long enough now that we should not have these problems. Can't we all just complain about something else now?!??!?!?!? :lol: I'm as tired of hearing about how much water is on the track as you are tired of racing in it.....the time to do things right is NOW.

The next event has no conflicts (such as Mother's Day...:angel:) so the counts should be up in both divisions! We have a solid 40 car count in the Savage 61 Dodge Big Car Division...I KNOW for a fact we will be topping 50 cars this season....only a question of when....and I'm aiming for June 6th!

Petey....always look forward to hearing your thoughts.... By the way, Kenny did appreciate the dirt you scraped off and returned to the speedway from the last event!

Poppop
05-10-2010, 12:10 PM
:wave:I couldn't hear anything but static and a faint wisper over the scanner yesterday. I got by because I looked for the flags and waving hands when I heard the static. Did anybody else have that problem or was it just me?:)

Doug132
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I have been reading, and thinking and agreeing with much of what has been said. (good and Bad) We (NEETS officials and drivers) can take control of a really wet track.... Don't pull the pace truck off!!!! Pace 15 or 20 laps if we have to. Drivers, move up the track (as hard as it is) and lets run that top line of slime in so that when the flag drops we have some prayer of control. I can tell you, when it came over the radio to "tighten up the pack we are geting ready to go green" I did the old LOL!!!! and thought to my self, "yeah right, not on your life!!!"

Just my thoughts.... :help: :confused:

Doug

CJfilms
05-10-2010, 02:19 PM
We (NEETS officials and drivers) can take control of a really wet track.... Don't pull the pace truck off!!!! Pace 15 or 20 laps if we have to.

Good idea, but it won't work......so long as the pace truck is still on the track, the water truck can come back out. Pacing the field for 15 laps and getting the track to the right consistency will be futile if the water truck would come back out onto the track.

WE will take control of this....but as always I will need everyone's help in doing so.

What about pacing the field with no pace truck? A quick thumbs up/thumbs down from drivers before we throw the green....this way, if it is too wet, we don't throw the green....however, majority rules....if we feel 50% are thumbs up, the green is coming out next lap......if we are running 10-15-20 pace laps....fans will get upset and be extremely bored.

We'll find that happy spot though! Keep the ideas coming.....I'm working up a concoction! LOL!!!

critter
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
all i have to say is i dont know if i will make it back my car is pretty well smashed all the mud nothin but wrecks into me and then the wall hopefully i can make it back , with out mud next time

mcstockcar
05-10-2010, 04:04 PM
:wave:I couldn't hear anything but static and a faint wisper over the scanner yesterday. I got by because I looked for the flags and waving hands when I heard the static. Did anybody else have that problem or was it just me?:)

I heard a few beeps and no voices..WITH new batteries! I just watch the flaggers/spotters/lights as Im chasin my tail!

NeetsSpectator
05-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Someone with a strong voice needs to sit on that elevated deck in the center of the infield.
That's the best spot to be transmitting from.

Also, try sticking the scanner antennas outside of the car.
Having the antenna inside the car will cut down on reception.

I heard a few beeps and no voices..WITH new batteries! I just watch the flaggers/spotters/lights as Im chasin my tail!

Those beeps you heard must be that new censoring technology on Joe' Radio.

NeetsAnnouncer33
05-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Guys after the mud went away it was an awesome race I understand that guys don't wanna tear there equipment up and times are hard now, and it was great race don't get me wrong and I am asking what is the objective of an enduro to endur anything and everything that is thrown at you. Including tire debris left from flat tires car's left standing after a wreck, i remember watching an enduro at flemington and they litterally put soap and water on the track i know it is asphalt but that was fun.

You guys did an awesome job yesterday with the conditions and everyone is very talented at what they do.

richardpetey
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Those beeps you heard must be that new censoring technology on Joe' Radio.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those "beeps" were the submarines sonar running next to us in the "bay of grandview".............................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
The radio being used was one of my new radios that ended up solving the scanner problem we were having last season.....I had problems with the headset last season, I'll look into it this month and have it corrected before June 6th!

Unless the scanners have less power to receive the call, then that may answer calls not being heard on the back stretch....either way, the issue will be corrected before the next race....I have another brand new radio that I picked up for this season....this one should fix any underlying issues...

BIGDADDY64
05-10-2010, 08:54 PM
ain't all this electronic stuff fun:):)

punchy
05-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Joe.....
Going back to your thumbs up/thumbs down idea. They do this on a Saturday night with the Modifieds when they have some rain during the night, to give their opinion of the tracks conditions. If it works then why wouldn't it for you guys?:wave:

I must say the guys did a decent job trying to control their cars out their on the slippy track.

mcstockcar
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Sometimes my radio scans other frequencies and I hear the local EMT,Fire dept.
Its always interesting to hear a -10 adam 30- we have a MVA on 5 upsidedown street..... Asistance is requested.:lol:

richardpetey
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
I heard Joe on the scanner for about 10 or so laps then all I got was static.............:disgusted
Can we use another radio that our crew/pit guys can communicate with the driver as well as monitor the scanner....................:confused:
Because they will be watching only their driver during the race they can be better suited to relay the messages, such as flat tire, red flag, track too wet(oops) or other important info.....................................:cool::co ol:
UNCLE PETEY.........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
05-11-2010, 08:45 AM
I heard 90% static and 10% joe the whole race...:lol::lol::lol:

opening day was 100% clear and i heard joe very clearly. this time, it was horrible. what changed?

Kenny81
05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
In talking with some of my racing buddies about the track on Sunday, I got a lot of "that's what dirt racing is all about" and "when I was racing at _______, they'd dump 4,000 gallons of water on the track and then mix in some soap for good measure. I'd keep a garden trowel in one hand to dig the mud off my face shield so I could see" etc, etc, etc.

Sorry to say, I missed those glory days of racing, although some of the cars (the big ones anyway) seemed to have survived. So it kind of dawned on me that we really have two types of racing going on in Neets, the Old School big car drivers who have cars that seem to go on forever and the New School drivers whose small, mostly front wheel drive, cars can't take near the punishment.

Here would be my lighthearted solution. Give our (the small car) alltoment of water to the big cars and let us (small cars) run with little or no water for 85 laps instead of 100 since the first 15 or so are wasted anyway, and I'm sure the fans are less than thrilled seeing us go 20 mph for the first ten minutes of the race.

Just a thought.

AK17
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Here is an idea and as a fan I would perfer....wet the track down some in the beginning and make a mandatory caution half way to wet it down. I would much rather this then to see 2 or 3 red flags early on because the cars can't get into the pits!

Christine Detweiler[/QUOTE]

To add to what Christine is saying...why not start the race with at least half the water we do now and have a mandatory caution when things get dusty. Except use the Yellow. Joe, I know you heard this before but throwing a red makes wetting the track much more difficult when you have 40 cars scattered everywhere. Get the pace truck out there to pick-up the leader and everyone else stays in line behind him and then we all follow the water truck around for three laps or so. This would also give drivers an oppurtunity to pit. You also have a radio (when working) to keep everyone in line if there is any confusion. This should not take more than 15 minutes! Big Diamond uses the yellow during enduros without any problems. I think most drivers (and fans) would tolerate losing 3 or so laps in the middle of the race rather than watch 50 laps of slop like we had in the 4cyl show.

richardpetey
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
If the track is properly prepared you can run 100 laps without any dusty conditions at the end of the race.....................................:help:
Mr. Rodgers should take his track grooming equipment outa the closet and start working the moisture into the track...........................:rolleyes:
Years ago when you had 150 to 300 cars on the track you had to water the track many times to keep the dust and speeds down, those days are over......................:drool:
UNCLE PETEY...........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DerbyN8-128
05-11-2010, 08:38 PM
grandview runs a 100 lap "traffic jam" for the modifieds, or at least used to, and by the end it was barely dusty...those cars tear up the track a hell of a lot more than the enduro cars do.

Id rather see a caution come out when the dust gets bad, water the track with all of the running cars following the pace truck, then get back to it as mentioned above

EnduroFromDE
05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I personally dont see anything wrong with the way the track is watered down...other then the fact that i removed three 5 gallon buckets of mud from the left front wheel well/ suspension itself, and probley another 2 or 3 hours cleaning the rest of the car, I dont see why people should have a problem with it. The car is now half brown half blue. This race was the muddest(if thats a word) race Ive seen. But I never hit the wall. Its the people that goes in the turns at 50mph the first lap and washes up and slams the wall and then complains about the track be wet...You know its muddy, dont drive in so hard. and someone mentioned they couldnt touch the gas for the first 60 laps. I was pretty close to be wide open by lap 35 or 40. If you got out of the "racing line" yes you slide up alot but thats only becuase there was dead cars going into 1 and coming out of 2 half way up, so not much of the turn dried up any. And turn 3 was mostly in the shade so it cant dry up as normal and turn 4 is always muddy even on lap 100...i dont understand that though...What Im getting at is the track has always been this muddy from the first time NEETS been there and everytime people complain about it and nothing is changing, so why complain. I know i said this before and got comented back about how its a free country and we can voice our opionins yada yada yada but why??? but If people are saying its possible to do 100 laps with modifieds at grandview without the track drying up, why is the track not preped that same way??? does it cost more money to it that way??? or is it time consumption??? at Airport Spedway it take the track crew(2 guys) about an 45 mins to prep the track granit its only a 1/8th of a mile but it holds up great and not much dust. The send the water truck out and a roller truck which is a cart with big thick wheels filled with concerte and large havey metel pulled by a tractor... with the equiptment that grandview has it should only take at max maybe 2 hrs to prep it...am i wrong??? and the comments about the radio, I was hearing the same thing a beep, low staticky talking and another beep. but again thats why there are 4 or 5 lights around the track and 3 or 4 flaggers...when you hear a "beep" look around to the next flagger and see if he has a red flag displayed...

DerbyN8-128
05-11-2010, 09:37 PM
4 cylinder cars for the most part are front wheel drive, and handle the mud a lot better than the rear wheel drive big cars do. If you look, most of the unhappy drivers are rear wheel drive big cars...

makes sense to me.

CJfilms
05-11-2010, 10:25 PM
The Small Cars do handle the mud better...being front wheel drive cars.

But, when it gets REALLY muddy and even the Small Cars have no control, the biggest problem for them is that they are all front...once that car slams into the wall hard enough or in just the right way, the car will not run right for either the rest of the race (if you're lucky) or ever again.

Big Cars should be running on a drier track since they are mostly rear-wheel drive cars.

When it gets REALLY muddy, we see the Big Cars just start sliding around even at low speeds...you don't have much of a choice since if you go too slow you risk sliding out of position during the pace laps AND if you go too fast, you risk slamming another car or the wall and eventually spinning out in front of traffic.

I like the idea that was mentioned about LESS water for the Big Cars and about the same amount for the Small Cars. That is something we will have to (or at least I would like to) experiment with...

mcstockcar
05-11-2010, 10:27 PM
As for the mud sticking factor- you can spray your inner well down with silicone spray, PAM, or wd-40. It works.

Danger83Ranger
05-12-2010, 08:16 AM
im rear wheel drive with a 4200 pound truck and no weight in the rear, im YET to spin out...:lol:

richardpetey
05-12-2010, 08:37 AM
I think they used the WD-40 or PAM on the track.........................:eek:
Yes sir, 50 mph full fendered concrete caged mud wrestling best outa eight crud match.....................................:disgust ed
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Poppop
05-12-2010, 09:17 AM
im rear wheel drive with a 4200 pound truck and no weight in the rear, im YET to spin out...:lol:
:lol:You probably need another 50 hp. to spin out Mike: or a lead foot.:lol:

Danger83Ranger
05-12-2010, 09:22 AM
true, the thing doesnt have enough power to swing the rear around :lol::lol:

richardpetey
05-12-2010, 10:32 AM
What ya got in that p/u a big block in the front and the back............................:confused:
You better throw your scales away, that truck wouldn't weight 4200lbs. if you loaded the bed up with grandview play-do..........................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
ha ha, i guess i exaggerated a bit. dry weight is around 3000 somewhere. I some how added 1000 pounds in my rambling...haha

tbirdracer
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
i was not there but here's my thought. as a racer a really wet track stinks. you slide out of control and you reck your car. you want to race hard but you can't. as a fan, i love it. you watch cars slide out of control and kiss the wall. they hit each other (not super hard) and lol when things go wrong. i also love watch the drivers working there way threw all the mud and race for the win! from the highlites you had a great finish in the big cars. it is up to the driver to learn to handle what the track gives them. but you all put on one heck of a show each time you race :applause:. hope to be there soon racing. :cheers:

CJfilms
05-12-2010, 02:29 PM
You are right T-bird...it is fun to watch cars slide through the turns and kiss the wall...however, being a driver yourself, you will understand this...

The cars are not sliding through turns, they are sliding up and down the straights....they are not kissing the walls, they're getting slammed into them with no chance of reclaiming the car.

Kissing the wall is one thing, but when the car slides into the wall unable to turn the wheels or control their speed, someone is going to get hurt. Safety is key here....we've been over this discussion that safe does not equal fast, however, cars sliding out of control are not safe either...

I'm going to start a new thread and I think EVERYONE should voice their opinion....

critter
05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
i kissed the wall now i have to figure out how to pay for the parts i need to fix my mud bogger

Danger83Ranger
05-12-2010, 03:20 PM
cut off mountain dew for the next 3 weeks, than you will save enough to fix the car. :lol::lol::lol:

by the way critter, how many laps down was i this race...did you guys count? haha

critter
05-12-2010, 03:36 PM
i dont count laps down ,and im not given up my dew , its keeps me going :drool:

mcstockcar
05-12-2010, 03:59 PM
i kissed the wall now i have to figure out how to pay for the parts i need to fix my mud bogger

Did she kiss back?:lol: I think you used a little too much tongue on that on critter.

DerbyN8-128
05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

and it sucks being behind you in a turn :lol:

freaking mud flying all over the place