PDA

View Full Version : team comeback!

rockinrick120
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Team RPM coming back strong! 3rd,6th,8th. Should be a good jump from last in the standings.

critter
05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
good job guys ,hopefully dx got some points with 3 cars this time

Philter39
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Team GLH has by my count 482 points. What does your team have? phil

rustyboltz6
05-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey Phil, if I calculated the points correctly :confused:, I think team Skook has 508 points. ;)

8x-Jason Brown
1c-Chris Reichert
6-Shawn Naftzinger

Philter39
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Skook short for Schuylkill ? I live 1/2 mile off the river. Your teams doin well. See you Sunday
Figure out that lap yet? phil

rustyboltz6
05-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah, it's a Schuylkill County thing. As far as my "missing" lap, after watching our race video, it looked like on lap 3 or 4 there was a few cars out of shape basically in front of victory lane. To miss the cars I went to the inside to get around them by going through part of victory lane and the edge of the infield. Guess I was off the track far enough that the transponder did not get picked up that lap. I'm pretty sure that's probably where I lost the lap and why I never was on the scoreboard after the 3rd. lap and ended up a lap down??? Guess I screwed up?:mad: Does anybody actually know where that "wire" is under the track? Just wondering? Might be good for everybody to know in case they get in that position on the front stretch. :cool:

Doug132
05-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Not sure how far infield the wire goes... pretty sure the same thing happen to me and I only had my two left tires in the ditch on the way by. That is where manual scoring would be a good thing. I am being shown as finishing behind my brother and he never passed me the entire race... and we were both on the same lap the entire race! :mad:

Erin C
05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Joe may have figured out what was going on...the 6 was up on the scoreboard as the leader, but the 6 was for the 6x since the scoreboard does not put in letters...I don't think you missed the loop because the loop goes pretty far into the infield, right up to victory lane if I am not mistaken.

And manual scoring on 40+ cars would only work for the top 5-10 cars because it is difficult keeping track of that many cars for 100 laps.

Doug132
05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I know the manual scoreing would not work... well, it would but it would take ALOT of people. I don't know how such a race was ever held with out the use of the transponders! It is just frustrating when such a plain example of how it can fail presents itself so clearly. Not quite sure how it happens, but it does. I know that it is out of the control of NEETS and that every effort is made to make things as accurate as possible, but it is frustrating. Please don't think that I am mad, just saying that it happen to us too.

As always, I feel everybody does with NEETS does a great job and that the best interest of the drivers is always put first. :cheers: :cheers:

Erin C
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Danger83Ranger
05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
i believe my gf's grandmother hand scored for nascar cup series back in the 60's and 70's. they were given 4+ cars to keep track of. i wouldnt want that responsibility, lol.

Doug132
05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah!! You know they will all end up at different ends of the track! :)

CJfilms
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
As for where the wire is and how far it extends on the track.....I cannot answer those questions.

First off, I actually don't know that information for one! LOL!

But, most importantly, I wouldn't tell drivers where the line is for two reasons...

1) creative engineering... In actual race cars with scaled measurements from the nose of the car to the location of the transponder mounting, drivers can utilize a transponder mounted closer to the front of the car to gain position in a nose-nose finish....the computer doesn't recognize location of the unit in relation to the car....only which one passed the line first.

2) creative driving... If we say the line only extends to the edge of victory lane, drivers would know how to keep other people off their lap if the traffic gets bunched up....just run them low enough to have them go through victory lane and then they would lose the lap...

Not saying if anyone would be guilty of this or not....not saying it has ever happened......but it can.

Poppop
05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
:)Heck Joe, if that's the case I lost a lap in the previous race by taking the safest way around a spinning car.:lol:

CJfilms
05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Oops...I left out item #3 from my list....

3) retroactive driving!...When a driver realizes he wasn't scored for numerous laps and reports it weeks after the race. LOL!!! :angel:

I've had someone claim once that the #XX car never passed him on the track....at all.... We looked into it and what we came up with was kind of comical... The car was behind him the whole race and was never able to pass him....so, he finished 2nd and the car behind him finished 1st...

Doug132
05-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I hear ya Joe on the "Retroactive Driving". That is true and that is funny! :lol: But as brothers competing, both against each other and as a team, you know where you started and you rest assured that you know who passed who, where and when. Just trying to figure out how one of us missed a lap and the other one didn't. :cheers: Looking forward to seeing the MyLaps.

critter
05-12-2010, 03:45 PM
where the team points updated yet ??/

Danger83Ranger
05-13-2010, 08:02 AM
hell critter, than original points havent even been done yet...lol slackers! :lol:

Erin C
05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
haha..yeah they were! He didn't make a separate thread on them because someone had them right and he said they were right (I think it was Phil maybe???) he's been working on everything in the time he can get at work and after dinner...I will see if he has them done after work today, if not then I will help get them done.

critter
05-14-2010, 05:50 PM
we have team points yet ?????