PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Martinsville and Bristol

SteveS
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I was researching flights to Martinsville and not really thrilled with the schedules or prices and got to thinking there are probably a lot of other people that are in the same boat. I e-mailed US-Air and asked if it were possible to schedule a specific charter if there was enough interest among the racing teams and fans to fill a plane. They said their fleet is fully booked but forwarded my request to one of their preferred charter providers. I will cut and paste the core of the e-mail I recieved;

Thanks for the e-mail back. Because your first trip is so close I want to focus on that one first. I ran some quick numbers. The best bet would be to fly out of JFK and land at ROA. The most inexpensive would be to fly earl AM on 6/5, overnight for one night and then return on 6/6 in the mid evening. This pricing is also for a 100 seat aircraft. You would actually pay more to charter a 50 seat airplane because of the high ferry costs. So here is a general quote for you to consider.

6/5 Early Morning Departure: JFK-ROA
6/6 Early Evening Return: ROA-JFK

A320 with 150 coach class seats, XM Radio and 36 DirectTv Channels at every seat.
$26,521 USD all inclusive of taxes, airport fees, passenger charges, and standard beverage service.

That comes to approximately $265 per person. Please let me know if this is something you are interested in. If this is the case we need to get working on aircraft availability. Feel free to call me so we can discuss some more details of your trip. I look forward to hearing from you.

This fare is about $50 cheaper than fares I found, has xm radio and direct TV at every seat, better fits our schedule and is non-stop. I would think if we went over 100 seats the cost per seat could go down. How many might seriously be interested?

SUfan
05-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Try Southwest.com for Martinsville. I booked for $49 each way from New Hampshire to Raleigh-Durham via a Philly. I know the same deal was available out of Providence.

SeaCoast
05-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Got a $158 Round trip 6/5 to 6/6 Newark to Raleigh. Still working on Bristol