PDA

View Full Version : Big Car - Drivers ONLY!!!

CJfilms
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Please submit your vote for this poll if you are a CURRENT IN 2010 DRIVER IN THE BIG CAR DIVISION ONLY!!!

This thread is open for discussion to anyone....but I would prefer that mostly BIG CAR drivers participate in this discussion....there will be a separate thread for Small Cars.

CAPTAIN
05-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Why do i feel like i am beating my head against the wall???

Philter39
05-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey Captain keep your helmet on.It will not hurt as much. phil

ThePill
05-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Even if nothing else changes, it would be nice for kenny not to water so much high in turn 1 entering the pits. noone races up there so it won't dust up.

Maddawg
05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
a little less water would be greatly appreciated

richardpetey
05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
You conveniently forgot the fourth choice...............................:disgusted
(D) Groom the track properly, so it'll stay tacky for 100 laps......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DerbyN8-128
05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Even if nothing else changes, it would be nice for kenny not to water so much high in turn 1 entering the pits. noone races up there so it won't dust up.

=less red flags for cars not being able to make it into the pits because it's too muddy :applause:

CAPTAIN
05-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I would keep my helmet on, but then i would not be able to see the wall!!!

mcstockcar
05-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I dont think I want to see the wall coming!:lol:

Doug132
05-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Less water on the outer edge of the track so that if you do get up out of the groove you have half a chance of regaining control and not hitting the wall so damn hard! :wave:

EnduroFromDE
05-13-2010, 10:21 AM
If the top groove is not watered down, then drivers are going to start racing up there. Remember what happen at Darlington??? the track was designed to be ran on the bottom and the racing line used now was suppose to be a "run off" for drivers that got out of the racing groove. Drivers relized it was faster to run up there and that became the racing line. If you dont wet down the upper two lanes or so thats where cars are gona start running and its going to be more of a traffic jam and more wrecked cars then we have now

DPORCR312
05-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm with Uncle Petey!

dirtmodfan
05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I agree with not watering the top groove. If you don't want guys racing there, move the walls in. :wave:

Captain, you should put your helmet on with more tearoffs before you beat your head against the wall. :lol:

CJfilms
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Wth about 18 out of 40 drivers voting, it's quite obvious how the majority feels regarding this topic....

As I already stated in another thread, I will talk to Kenny in person, one on one, about the track conditions and we will get less water on the track.

Regardless of what happens, a little less water along the top side of the track will be seen...especially by the pit gate.

The amount of water placed down will not change drastically, but it will change....IF drivers feel the track is too wet....or we determine the track is too wet...we will run the pace laps a little longer than normal.

Here's where YOU come in... When we are pacing the field WITH THE PACE TRUCK, we need the field to stay together....if everyone is spreading out, we are going to assume you want to race as such and we are not going to wait....

THE REASON:
With 40 cars on the track at once, when the field gets spaced out, the pace truck begins to catch up to the rear of the field....if the pace truck has to slow up, the front rows slow up and then the rest of the field starts to bunch up....then we have a cluster "treat".

When we call for cars to tighten up...DO IT!!! If we see the cars cannot stay together or they are sliding out of control all over the place, then we will run the track in a bit before going green. If no one follows our signals, the green flag comes out.