PDA

View Full Version : Small Car - Drivers ONLY!!!

CJfilms
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Please submit your vote for this poll if you are a CURRENT IN 2010 DRIVER IN THE SMALL CAR DIVISION ONLY!!!

This thread is open for discussion to anyone....but I would prefer that mostly SMALL CAR drivers participate in this discussion....there will be a separate thread for Big Cars.

Danger83Ranger
05-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I voted! :applause:

I like the conditions of a wet track, it makes things fun compared to the 100% throttle down racing after 30 laps. but it really just isnt safe for NEETS standards. if we were in full caged, 100% safety gear, than yes, it would calm things down a bit. but this series isnt meant for that, this is meant for low cost fun. and were already pushing those limits...

Poppop
05-12-2010, 03:44 PM
:lol:The way things are right now, the poorly prepared cars are getting knocked out of the race earlier when speeds are slower. Then when things get a little drier we can race without a bunch of pinballs running on the track. Just a few dead cars and that's fine with me. I thought Sundays race was very cleanly driven by most drivers. Jus a few mistakes was all.
Poppop

DerbyN8-128
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Joe, I think this thread will go the complete opposite of what the big cars vote, mainly because we are MOSTLY front wheel drive cars, and will handle the mud much better than the big cars. Not that I don't think the small car drivers should voice their opinions, BUT I really think this is mostly a big car/rear wheel drive handling problem. Small cars are going to be fine no matter what the track condition is (within reason of course).

I personally would rather see the track need a soaking half way through the race IF the dust gets out of hand.

Last year there were a few races where the track conditions were nearly perfect...so I know it is possible

DerbyN8-128
05-12-2010, 04:35 PM
:lol:The way things are right now, the poorly prepared cars are getting knocked out of the race earlier when speeds are slower. Then when things get a little drier we can race without a bunch of pinballs running on the track. Just a few dead cars and that's fine with me.

I agree with this as well, BUT, last year early in the season the track was overly soaked at the beginning and some GOOD cars got mashed up against the wall by cars who didn't stand a chance finishing the race even on a dry track. I like the idea of survival of the fittest, but not when you become a victim of someone else's stupidity.

Philter39
05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I looked at the threads from after the last race at Gview. And I saw no complaints,comments

of the like. This does not happen every race. It seems to me the track had more water put on it due to the windy conditions and it stayed too cold to dry it out. I still like wet conditions. I did race in the SLIDE FOR FIVE at Diamond in the early 80s. That was fun also. phil

richardpetey
05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Mr Phil, I think the mud has finally clogged up your breathing apparatus.......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

racer58
05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
hi I was new to the neets enduros this year but I ran both races this year and in my opinion the first race was muddy but raceable,the last one was just too wet and unsafe. I had 10 tearoffs on my helment and used them all before the 10 lap mark. I know leaving the dead cars on the track is a neets trademark and I'm ok with it as long as you give us a decent track to avoid them. If something doesn't change with the track I won't be back. I voted for a dryer track with a poss. red to water.

thanks tom 58 small car

racer58
05-25-2010, 12:20 AM
well the track prep. discusion really went quiet. are we getting any closer to an answer about what to expect at the next race? just wondering so I can plan my next race.

rk1714
05-25-2010, 02:43 AM
I will also give it another try but if the track is the way it was last race , that will be my last, GUARANTEED ! Big Diamond ran ALL divisions after the initial prep, track was just fine!

CJfilms
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, with about 12 out of 30 drivers voting, we have an even split....

This means I make the tie-breaking decision....

My decision is to see the racing commence in a fairly similar manner to the past events. However, we all know that the Small Cars are both lighter and mostly slower than the Big Cars. To me, this means that a little less water is not a bad idea.

This may be accomplished by spacing out the lanes that get watered down with the truck. A little less water along the top side of the track will not hurt either division either...especially by the pit gate.

The amount of water placed down will not change drastically, but it will change a bit....IF drivers feel the track is too wet....or we determine the track is too wet...we will run the pace laps a little longer than normal.

Here's where YOU come in... When we are pacing the field WITH THE PACE TRUCK, we need the field to stay together....if everyone is spreading out, we are going to assume you want to race as suc hand we are not going to wait....

THE REASON:
When the field gets spaced out, the pace truck begins to catch up to the rear of the field....if the pace truck has to slow up, the front rows slow up and then the rest of the field starts to bunch up....then we have a cluster "treat".

When we call for cars to tighten up...DO IT!!! If we see the cars cannot stay together or they are sliding out of control all over the place, then we will run the track in a bit before going green. If no one follows our signals, the green flag comes out.

Poppop
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
:wave:Hope that works for you Joe, Wish I could join you.:*-(
Poppop