PDA

View Full Version : Madhouse Star Jon Boy Brown to Compete for "Mad" Money at Sundance Vacations Speedway

LongIslandJam
05-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Hazleton, PA- Straight from the History Channel’s hit TV show Madhouse, Jon Boy Brown will ride into town to mix it up with the Northeast’s best during Sundance Vacations Speedway’s first race of their $5K-to-win Drive-for-Five Modified series on Sun. May 23. Brown, a regular at the Winston-Salem, N.C. bullring Bowman Gray Stadium, is no stranger to mixing it up with tough customers. As featured on Madhouse, Brown dukes it out with the likes of Tim Brown, Chris “The Showstopper” Fleming, Junior “The Raging Bull” Miller, and the Myers brothers, Burt and Jason. However, Sundance has its own stars – Earl Paules, Kyle Ebersole, Todd Baer, Bobby Jones, among others – who are sure to put up a fight against the Southern invader. Other northeast modified tour drivers expected to compete include Matt Hirschman, Eric Beers, Ryan Preece, Ken Wooley jr., "Pistol" Pete Brittain, and more.

Like Sundance Vacations Speedway’s regular contingent, Jon Boy Brown’s passion for auto racing runs deep. Brown worked his way up the ranks by getting his hands dirty and turning wrenches on other drivers’ cars before getting behind the wheel of his own. A tree trimmer by trade, it was on a job where he met local modified legend Puddin’ Swisher, who gave him “a stack of money, a car, and a trailer” to chase his dream. However, at Sundance, Brown will be driving a different ride, the immaculate Wanick Motorsports #1w Troyer Modified fielded by Sundance regular Tom Wanick III. Despite the different steed, expect the cream to rise to the top, and the talented Jon Boy Brown to give the Northeast’s finest modified drivers a run for their money.

And for race fans hoping to meet Jon Boy, a special after-race party will take place at Evans Roadhouse pub located on route 309 in Drums, just a few miles from the speedway. This will be a great autograph and photo opportunity, and Jon Boy apparel will also be available for purchase. A complimentary buffet will be served, along with drink specials including Jon’s favorite, Bud Light. Fans can also keep in touch with Jonathan "Jon Boy" Brown by becoming his friend, on FaceBook.

For more info on Evans Roadhouse pub, visit them on the web at www.evansroadhouse.com Wanick Motorsports is currently seeking additional marketing partners for the 2010 racing season, and you can find them on the web at www.wanickmotorsports.com

Rowdy Rules 51
05-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I am stoked for this!

ss26
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
:)Mike, you r the BEST!!! Out of any of the Madhouse drivers you got the BEST one!!!:)WOW for the first time I sure hope it doesn't rain and I wish the 23rd was here already. Thanks Mike. Sally

Grandstand
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Sally.... you're thanking the WRONG guy!!!! LOL

Mike had some part in it....

Debbi

ralph79
05-12-2010, 10:47 PM
better watch out Burt Meyers may get mad with someone else using his number :-B

ss26
05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Who m i suppose to thank?

Grandstand
05-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Perhaps your Pit Stewart.... lol :wave:

Rowdy Rules 51
05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank you deb, mike, thank you everyone for makin this happen! And thank you joe for having a great facility to attract a driver the caliber of jon boy!

Grandstand
05-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Larry.... I personally had nothing to do with bringing Jon Boy to the track except for faxing the documents..... I think this is going to be great for the track, the racers and especially the fans, who we hope will show for what should be a pretty exciting day at the track!! :applause: :wave:

Rowdy Rules 51
05-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I hope that everyone and there brother comes out to the race, in my opinion its gonna be the biggest race at the track since I first started coming regularly in 2005.

modracer
05-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I sure hope the place is jammed with spectators to witness the madhouse star race with our own stars! We also should thank Wanick Motorsports for letting Jonathon behind the wheel of some of the best equipment around. Also hope to see some extra modifieds show up that are looking to compete with Jon Boy. Can't wait till the 23rd!!!!!!!! Hey Sally you going to the party after the races?

intense1
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
It was many people, making many calls, sending many e-mails, and...driving many miles, to make it happen.
A big THANK YOU to Wanick Motorsports and Joe Callavini, too.

Let's hope Mother Nature wakes up on the right side of the bed on the 23rd.

My bet is...you will see some other talented drivers on hand, who don't normally compete at S.V.S.

And this is only the 1st of five big $$$$$ Mod events...

modracer
05-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Well said Mike, now lets all make this show the biggest and best ever and have a great time doing! Can't wait for the start of 100 laps with some of the biggest stars in the northeast!!

Geno
05-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Can't wait! The big races are always great and theis one is shaping up to be awesome:)

Speed47
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Please publicize this in the wyoming valley papers. I have alot of friends that have watched the show but didn't even know the "ground pounding" modifieds race just 30 minutes from them. I'm sure if they come once they will be back several more times. Its a win...win. :applause:

intense1
05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Look for the ad each week in the Citizens Voice. Also, listen to WKRZ 98.5 all week for the radio spot.

thriller 34
05-20-2010, 06:59 PM
that he is being paid to come down and race here....is there any truth to this??

intense1
05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Be sure to visit Evans Roadhouse Pub on route 309 in Drums, after the races...and you can meet Jon Boy in person, and ask him yourself.
There will be drink specials including Jon Boy's favorite, Bud Light. A complimentary buffet will be served, and the full menu will also be available.
This is a great opportunity for fans of the Madhouse show to get a photo with Jon Boy, and also pick up the latest Jon Boy apparel.

www.evansroadhouse.com
www.wanickmotorsports.com

Grandstand
05-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Don't believe everything that you hear.....and as Mike said, stop by Evan's and ask Jonathan yourself. He's pretty easy to talk to and he'll tell you the truth.

greenflag
05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I've never watched Madhouse, so I knew nothing about him. They had a page in the program about him, and he seemed like a polite person during interview time. Also, stayed out of trouble in the A-Main, ran a clean race, and finished. Thumbs up to the guy for being there. Cool stuff.