PDA

View Full Version : Great racing last night

J.D.
05-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I thought the racing was great last night. The track looks pretty good.

bulldozer
05-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Thought mod race was great for the first 27 laps then we go to single file restarts on a 100 lap race. Cautions are going to happen its racing .It was 8 45 i looked at my watch when they went to single file restarts. Luckly for Tom rogers we had a race if not for him no one but the back guys made any passes in the top 10 from lap 27 on.Kinda spoiled the race to me. But its riverhead what are we going to do. THanks Tommy Rogers for at least making the race fun to watch. Your the man sniper.

unowho243
05-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought the racing overall last night was pretty good Maybe since this long distance race went well the Cromartys will do more races like this in the future! I:applause:t put some new faces in the stands thats for sure

J.D.
05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Yea, I was let down a little when they went to single file restart, should have waited to halfway at least.

Ace
05-16-2010, 07:27 PM
When they went single file there was no passing up front that I saw. Atleast Tommy made it exciting at the end.

Great run to Rogers,Beatty and Justin. That 51 was on a rail!

mccoystax
05-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Got to agree with Chris on this one. No passing among the top 10 for a long time once they went single file. Glad the end was exciting though. Really no need to go single file then as I thought the caution that led to the decision was just for a flat tire.

TMAC
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
I enjoyed it,good racin between the 20 and 84 for a little bit[what happened to 20 towards the end,car was backin up]those last few restarts,silk was having sometime getting the car to launch on those restarts,[sat right in turn 4]he was a spinning them tires big time,except i think that last restart.Wonder what the tire stagger was after.I hope we get some more long distance races[75,100]just like old times....Congrats to Ronnie Silk,Ed Partridge and team

limodmaniac
05-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Thought mod race was great for the first 27 laps then we go to single file restarts on a 100 lap race. Cautions are going to happen its racing .It was 8 45 i looked at my watch when they went to single file restarts. Luckly for Tom rogers we had a race if not for him no one but the back guys made any passes in the top 10 from lap 27 on.Kinda spoiled the race to me. But its riverhead what are we going to do. THanks Tommy Rogers for at least making the race fun to watch. Your the man sniper.

Hey Chris, What would have happened if I decided half way thru the race, to cut my donation to 500 bucks? Wouldn't have been the right thing... and of course wouldn't have done it. But when that announcement was made to go restarts stink and even the Cup guys have realized that. I sure would have loved to have given a fans opinion to the someone who made that call.

fisherman
05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey Chris, What would have happened if I decided half way thru the race, to cut my donation to 500 bucks? Wouldn't have been the right thing... and of course wouldn't have done it. But when that announcement was made to go restarts stink and even the Cup guys have realized that. I sure would have loved to have given a fans opinion to the someone who made that call.

typical rhd lol

Wheel Racing
05-17-2010, 05:02 PM

It's a shame that basically as the sponsor of the race, you didn't get to have any input. They really jumped the gun on the single file re-starts. My honest opinion is that the track felt forced by Jerry Cook to try it and will look for any opportunity to "prove" that it doesn't work. I for one love that some guys will be forced to run the outside a little, but I see this rule going away just as quickly as it came into play. Overall it was a great race filled with plenty of story lines and I would love to see a few more extar distance races added.

Golf Guy
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
It's a shame that basically as the sponsor of the race, you didn't get to have any input. They really jumped the gun on the single file re-starts. My honest opinion is that the track felt forced by Jerry Cook to try it and will look for any opportunity to "prove" that it doesn't work. I for one love that some guys will be forced to run the outside a little, but I see this rule going away just as quickly as it came into play. Overall it was a great race filled with plenty of story lines and I would love to see a few more extar distance races added.

Neal not for nothing, but sponsors never get a say in how a race is run (it is an advertising opportunity for them). And I don't think he was a sponsor, but a very big contributor to the $$ totals. I was not happy with the single file restarts but it was still one heck of a battle between Tommy Rogers and Silk.

WEEZER
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
To bad for the last caution, the 6 mod was putting on a show and it looked like he could have had silk but I guess we'll never know, the 51 was awesome too until his motor sounded like sh&t, somebody said he lost the battery?

Wheel Racing
05-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Neal not for nothing, but sponsors never get a say in how a race is run (it is an advertising opportunity for them). And I don't think he was a sponsor, but a very big contributor to the $$ totals. I was not happy with the single file restarts but it was still one heck of a battle between Tommy Rogers and Silk.

I know what you're saying Jim, but $$$ seems to control plenty of racing. Why else does NASCAR run the Aarons 399, etc? I really think that with a race that drew tour guys that ordinarily would not be there without the extra money brought in, that the powers that be should have at least waited until at least 1/2 way before abandoning the double file re-starts. I really think that the "temporary trial" is not something they like and that more often than not officials play too big a part in the outcome of races. I loved the race and have nothing but great compliments for all the driveres involved: Wayne Anderson turning back the clock and setting fast time and the early pace for the race, Justin Bonsignore showing that he will be the car to beat every time he shows up this year, only to fall out with mechanical issues while leading.Ronnie Silk winning a race that he probably wouldn't have even been at without the bonus money,Ken Heagy,Glenn Tyler, The Goodales, and Johnny Bush making a rare home track visit. Richie Pallai Jr and Rowan Pennink making the trip to both put on a good show and how about how strong John Beatty looked, how many times has he even been in a modified? Really impressive! Top that off with the old school Tommy Rogers returning to form to remind us all just how good he is and could be and I was an extremely happy Modified fan Saturday. I just fear that jumping the gun to single file was a panic move that may make some of these teams think twice about coming back for another race if they feel like they might not have a chance to flex their muscle and work on a strategy. We all watched Madhouse and for all the entertainment that show and Bowman Gray Stadium provide, my biggest impression is that all they do is time trial and run around single file. At least Riverhead has a second groove for those with balls enough to get out there and ride. The threat of single file restarts on a 1/4 mile track for 75% of a race just might force teams to make a decision not to come. I grew up watching and loving Modifieds and couldn't wait to see how my favorites Charlie J, John Blewett Jr, Tom Baldwin, Fred Harbach, Mike Ewanitsko etc would fare against Richie Evans, Jerry Cook,Jimmy Spencer,Mike Stefanik and the cast of invaders(I know I crossed generations there, but you get my point). I would love nothing more than to see more races that would bring in outside talent to spice up and fill the field during the season, I just hope these guys didn't leave with a bad taste in their mouths about coming back. I want to see 2 more 100 lappers, at least 2 Tour races a year and why not an RoC or MRS race as well? I can dream, can't I?

Jaws
05-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Neal, I saw most of the "outside guys" in the pits after the races and they all seemed happy about the night.

It was a good race and I think a success (Although the stands could have used a few more bodies), the format of 100 green flag laps was a good one.

I for one can't wait for the Charlie J Tom Baldwin Richie Evans race.

Jaws
05-17-2010, 09:05 PM
To bad for the last caution, the 6 mod was putting on a show and it looked like he could have had silk but I guess we'll never know, the 51 was awesome too until his motor sounded like sh&t, somebody said he lost the battery?

Alternator went bad killed the battery.

Wheel Racing
05-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Neal, I saw most of the "outside guys" in the pits after the races and they all seemed happy about the night.

It was a good race and I think a success (Although the stands could have used a few more bodies), the format of 100 green flag laps was a good one.

I for one can't wait for the Charlie J Tom Baldwin Richie Evans race.

I can't wait either and I hope we see even more "outside guys" . That is great news that the guys seemed happy about the night. I left the track Saturday feeling like I did in the old days where I almost couldn't wait until the following week.Not just the modifieds, but every division put on a great show last week. I actually feel bad that I am going to miss the show this week.

SuperShafts
05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
If they keep the restarts double file and just make the total laps of the race 50 laps....

You'll get your 100 laps...

Ace
05-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I agree Neal,more "outside guys" would show IF the winner was to get $3,000 to win like this past week!!!

str8up
05-18-2010, 07:39 AM
The problem is you can't change the rules in the middle of a race. Jim did his part to make the race better the officials need to do the same.

fred card
05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
23.00 to get in grand stands WTF no wonder stands are empty, lower prices will help fill stands,food is over priced, double file restarts isnt that a new rule they came up with this year, riverhead needs to wake up:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

limodmaniac
05-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Used to be you went to half way. Now even Nascar realizes that double file all they way is the way to go. But Riverhead decides it's better to go backwards, and not even go to the half way point. Really the low point of the night ( besides hearing about Wayne). But still all in all, it was a great evening of racing.