PDA

View Full Version : 05/22/10 - Wall Stadium

RGeeProductions
05-23-2010, 04:53 PM
SESELY (MODIFIED) AND LONGO (FACTORY STOCK) WIN WALL STADIUM 40-LAPPERS SATURDAY NIGHT

Anthony Sesely of Matawan in the Modified division and Rob Longo of Wall in the Factory Stock class were the stars of the show Saturday night at Wall Stadium as each tasted victory in 40 lap stock car racing main events. Bill Vanderveen of Beachwood in the Street Stocks, Andrew Krause of East Brunswick in the Sportsman division and Trevor Alspach of Willingboro in the Legend Cars were all winners of 25-lap companion main events.

In the Supreme Manufacturing Modified race, Freehold’s Steven Reed and Sesely battled for the lead through most of the first three-quarters of the contest. Then, on lap 27, the duo tangled on the backstretch with Reed’s car spinning to the infield. Sesely then raced on to his second win of the year, while defending champion Chas Okerson of Freehold was a tight second. Tim Arre of Toms River, Amanda Sesely of Matawan and Neptune’s Tommy Farrell completed the top five, while Reed recovered for sixth.

“I did not mean for that to happen,” Sesely said of his contact with Reed. “We were racing hard and I was on him, but I was not trying to turn him and didn’t want that to happen. I guess I will have to live with that.”

In the Flanagan Retail Development Factory Stock 40-lapper, Tom Fratesi of Flemington led the early laps and fought off the advances of Shannon Mongeau of Howell. By the tenth lap Longo raced into second spot and went after the leader. This duo came together exiting the fourth turn a few laps later with Longo’s car slamming the guardrail as a result. Longo was able to continue, but lost several spots on the track as a result.

Roy Farfel of Wall took over the top spot at that point, but Longo was charging! After racing side-by-side with Farfel for several laps, Longo slipped into the lead on the inside lane on lap 21 and then raced on to victory. Tim O’Shea of Neptune was second, while Jamesburg’s Whitey Miller, Steve Lynch of Aberdeen and Rick Siddons of Beachwood completed the top five.

“We were coming out of turn four side-by-side and Fratesi ran me into the fence,” Longo said of his early race incident. “When I saw that he crashed a few laps later I thought good for him.”

Trevor Alspach made speedway history Saturday night becoming the first driver to ever win four 25-lap INEX legend Cars feature races in a row. Alspach took over the lead just past halfway and led Kevin Nowak of Medford, N.Y. to the finish line. Brian Spencer of Edison, Derek Hopkinson of Toms River and Martinsville’s Mark Tischler were third, fourth and fifth.

In the Sportsman 25-lapper, Krause took control at the outset and fought off the advances of defending champ Kevin Eyres of Colts Neck for almost the entire distance. Randy MacConnell of Toms River was third, while Adam Gordon of Brick was fourth and Sayreville’s Bernie Bailey was fifth.

In Street Stock action, Vanderveen showed the way from start to finish to grab his first 25-lap win of the year. Jackson’s Howie Conk chased Vanderveen most of the way before finishing second, with defending champ Carl Thomas of Tinton Falls, third. Ray Minieri of Bay Shore, N.Y. was fourth and Jerry Stanzione of Keansburg was fifth.

Wall Stadium roars back into action this Saturday night (May 29) with the Supreme Manufacturing Modified stock cars returning to headline a five-division card. While the Modifieds will battle in “Twin 35” lap feature races, the Sportsman racers, the Street Stocks and the Legend Cars will all race in 25-lappers and the Factory Stocks will battle in a 20-lap feature. Gates will open at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, with qualifying set for 5:30 p.m. and main events set for 6:30 p.m.

On Sunday, the fifth mile paved “inner oval” continues the 2010 “Sunday Series” featuring Go Karts, wingless Midgets, Legend Cars, Bandoleros and Micro Stocks starting at noon. For more information call 732-681-6400 or visit http://www.wallsundayseries.com.

Wall Stadium presents professional motorsports events on most Saturdays and Sundays during the summer months. The speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while more information is also available at www.wallspeedway.com (http://www.wallspeedway.com).

MODIFIED FEATURE – 40 Laps – 1. ANTHONY SESELY, MATAWAN, 2. Chas Okerson, 3. Tim Arre, 4. Amanda Sesely, 5. Tommy Farrell, 6. Steven Reed, 7. Harry Schaefer, 8. Nick Gargiulo, 9. Shaun Carrig, 10. John McCormack, 11. Bob Boardwick, 12. David Reinhardt, 13. Roger Coss, 14. Mike Brennan, 15. Billy Cole

FACTORY STOCK FEATURE – 40 Laps – 1. ROG LONGO, WALL, 2. Tim O’Shea, 3. Whitey Miller, 4. Steve Lynch, 5. Rick Siddons, 6. Paul Hartwig, 7. Chris Felber, 8. Jason Bundy, 9. Tim Flanagan, 10. Todd Pilla, 11. Tom Nascone, 12. Joe Helberg, 13. Shannon Mongeau, 14. Roy Farfel, 15. John Bowers, 16. Tom Fratesi, 17. Dan Birdsall, 18. Jim Downey, 19. Elliott Wohl, 20. Bill Connelly, 21. John Gasko

SPORTSMAN FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. ANDREW KRAUSE, EAST BRUNSWICK, 2. Kevin Eyres, 3. Randy MacConnell, 4. Adam Gordon, 5. Bernie Bailey, 6. Kyle Reinhardt, 7. Tommy Kearns, 8. Christian LaCicero, 9. Brien Hamer, 10. David Calabreeze, 11. Kevin Davison, 12. Joey King, 13. Charlie Kremer III, 14. Danielle Rondeau, 15. Eric Mauriello, 16. Ryan Cottrell, DQ Robert Sutphin

LEGEND CARS FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. TREVOR ALSPACH, WILLINGBORO, 2. Kevin Nowak, 3. Brian Spencer, 4. Derek Hopkinson, 5. Mark Tischler, 6. Ron Poley, 7. Joe Mongeau, 8. Malcolm Campbell, 9. Zach Alspach, 10. Steve West, 11. John Feehan, 12. Robert French, 13. Beth MacFarlane, 14. Jim Davison, 15. Mike Lester, 16. Mike Fulton

STREET STOCK FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. BILL VANDERVEEN, BEACHWOOD, 2. Howie Conk, 3. Carl Thomas, 4. Ray Minieri, 5. Jerry Stanzione, 6. Gregg Miranda, 7. Anthony Grimaldi, 8. Mike Kennedy, 9. Sal Liguori, 10. Mitch Brudy, 11. Tim LaBrecque, 12. Jack Sayegh, 13. Joe Torchia, 14. Rob Hyer, 15. Jon Meyer

Jeff Gravatt