View Full Version : Baldwin/Evans/Jarzombek Memorial Moved to July 10

iamaranger
05-28-2010, 02:24 PM
http://longislandjam.com/news/2010/newsmain/news052810a.htm

good move, hope its as good as a turnout as the Hof100

*meant july 3rd in title

mbgolfer
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Your opinion. Is this fair to the regulars who are running for a championship?

Jaws
05-28-2010, 06:05 PM
The locals running for the championship will do just fine.

Good move by the track.

mbgolfer
05-28-2010, 06:40 PM
The locals running for the championship will do just fine.

Good move by the track.

If I wanted to see tour driver's, I'll go to a tour race. just print and keep the final results of the 77 lapper and see how it effects the end of the season.

Fkraft99
05-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I would think a race fan would want to see the best available cars and drivers at his home track. And as far as a championship goes, I was always told to be the best you gotta beat the best.

Golf Guy
05-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't understand the problem. Don't they all have to race against the same drivers on the same track? The cream always rises to the top. I am looking forward to this race!!!

mbgolfer
05-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Yes, I always like a good race, but for the saturday night regulars, who are running for a championship. Have to deal we driver's that may only come to Riverhead once or twice a year. A time trial, double pt. race, some driver' from Riverhead, might not even make the race, where on a normal night they would. I for one love to see these other driver's. But don't give them any pts. Have the regulars get the pts. as they finish in a Riverhead result: Example, the 98x, finished third,but he is the first Riverhead regular, he should get the 100 pts. and so on.

Fkraft99
05-30-2010, 11:03 AM
whats the difference if say Silk wins, Pennink is 2nd 98x is 3rd and 84 is fourth.... no matter how many total points they get you still gain 4 points per spot. so really is no difference if its 100 compared to 96 or 92 compared to 88. Plus you have to award points to the outside because some of them are chasing national and state points. And the Riverhead races counts towards those totals.

Wheel Racing
05-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Yes, I always like a good race, but for the saturday night regulars, who are running for a championship. Have to deal we driver's that may only come to Riverhead once or twice a year. A time trial, double pt. race, some driver' from Riverhead, might not even make the race, where on a normal night they would. I for one love to see these other driver's. But don't give them any pts. Have the regulars get the pts. as they finish in a Riverhead result: Example, the 98x, finished third,but he is the first Riverhead regular, he should get the 100 pts. and so on.

1-If a Saturday Night regular is running for the championship, then I wouldn't worry about them not making the race. If they don't make the race, then they really don't deserve a championship, do they?

2-I know when I was growing up I looked forward to seeing Tour guys show up and run with "MY" guys. Isn't that exactly what Richie Evans career was based on? Show up somewhere, put on a show and take the money. Charlie J and TB raced all the local tracks early in their careers before the Tour really got started. If Riverhead wasn't the only game in town, don't you think drivers from Islip and Freeport would show up for a race like this if they were still around? I though the HOF 100 was great and I can only hope this race is just as good. I say bring on the Tour guys and let's go racing. Not to mention the local drivers that run the tour.It would be nice to have some incentive for the these teams to show up a few more times a year. Like Freddie said, to be the best you have to beat the best and Tommy Rogers almost did that last time, let's not forget that.

MSK27
05-30-2010, 12:05 PM
It makes no sense to intetionally schedule any race against a tour race to keep other competitors from racing.The more compitition the better the show.Which one of the guys this race is intended to honer would want the race scheduled to exclude any racer.

catfish
05-30-2010, 02:28 PM
In addition to all the reasons given it also makes good business sense for the promoters. The addition of the Tour cars will only lead to more excitement for the race which will put more people in the stands.

Lugnuts
05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Concerned about not making the show, maybe the set up was off, slipped up etc. Then hows this sound. Qualify a certain number of cars on time and then have a non qualifiers race sort of like a consi (thats how they do it at the n/s shootout) and then take two, three or four cars that way. This method would then allow everyone a chance to get into the show after they spend money on tires and get to race in some form of a race and not have to run two timed laps and go home. The fans would then also get a little more bang for there buck. Just a suggestion.

Tower Man
06-02-2010, 08:55 AM
So mb, if I understand you correctly, based on your statements, when the Tour comes to town, do you think the Riverhead regulars should stay home? I think not. As a fan I would think you would want to see the best of the best, whether from the Tour, Mississippi, Chicago or even Mexico.

Great move by the powers to be to bring the best talent available to the ONLY FACILITY we have left on Long Island.

mbgolfer
06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
So mb, if I understand you correctly, based on your statements, when the Tour comes to town, do you think the Riverhead regulars should stay home? I think not. As a fan I would think you would want to see the best of the best, whether from the Tour, Mississippi, Chicago or even Mexico.

Great move by the powers to be to bring the best talent available to the ONLY FACILITY we have left on Long Island.

No one gets it here. Ok this date was changed to bring more money to the powers to be. Ok,here the deal. If the track pt. leader was to win, and the second place pt. leader was to finish fifth, behind 3 tour drivers, he loses 12 pts. to the leader. Instead of 4pts. Is this fair to him. Thats all I said.

mbgolfer
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
The tour coming to Riverhead is a different probem

Fkraft99
06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Seems fair to me. Whats the difference if its 3 tour guys or 3 regulars inbetween the top 2 in points?? Its not like the tour guys have some kinda of advantage over the regulars, if anything the regulars have the advantage of racing there everyweek. We all follow the same rules. Its just like 51 showing up any other week. Should he not get points cause he cant run everyweek?

Ace
06-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree with Kraft,every driver should get points. I'm glad for the RHD guys though that it's not a double point show.

Just think how many tour guys would show if the winner was to get the same as Silk got when he won here a couple of weeks ago.

Jaws
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I agree with Kraft,every driver should get points. I'm glad for the RHD guys though that it's not a double point show.

Just think how many tour guys would show if the winner was to get the same as Silk got when he won here a couple of weeks ago.

I think the winner will end up with more than you think, stay tuned.

Tower Man
06-09-2010, 09:22 AM
I remember a Tour race a couple of years ago when Wayne Anderson took a Past Champion's Provisional send long time tour regular, Jaime Tommaino home. Was that fair? Sure was. That's how racing is.

Freddie, you are 100% correct.

And no mb, no one is missing the point. The point is there is a race where the date was changed to make it a better race. Plain and simple.

limodmaniac
06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Anyone interested in building the purse for the race, can send me a private message or post on here. We're trying to do something, but could use some help .