PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain?

1hossfeldfan
05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
The Blewett/Hossfeld incident?? I didn't go to the race and was pissed seeing on the LIVE updates what happened. Did Chuck really "cut down" or was Blewett..well...as usual "Blew it".

Analyst
05-29-2010, 03:57 AM
:) First off, Hossfeld drove a great race. I am not necessarily a Hossfeld fan, so that is a great complement. Had the race gone green to the end it was setting up to be a good one between Hossfeld and Berndt. We were going to find out how much car Berndt had left as Hossfeld had just about caught him from more than half a straightaway behind before the caution with about 20 to go. No one was going to challenge these two had the caution not come out--Santos, who was running third, was a full straightaway behind.
:-| On the restart, Hossfeld was gifted the lead when Berndt restarted poorly and then the excrement hit the fan... Was it Blewett's fault? IMHO, it was sort of a "racing accident" where it was tough to blame either party. At that point I was rooting for Chuckie as I am far from a Blewett fan, but wholly blaming Blewett would have been unjustified. I'm sure true homers from each side will see this like Pelosi and Boehner.
:( Hossfeld's night got even worse as he was in another wreck after taking the checkered flag.

Howie
05-29-2010, 08:29 AM
I agree with Analyst. I feel it was just hard racing. Jimmy's RF touched Chuck's LR a little crossing him up in front of Jimmy. (or you could say Chuck's LR touched Jimmy's RF a little crossing him up in front of Jimmy, same difference I guess). Not that it proves anything, but, I caught a complete sequence, from the initial contact on. It will be in the gallery, but, with the busy weekend it will a few days before the gallery is up.

1hossfeldfan
05-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Thank you for the analysis! For a fan who could not attend, I needed some closure haha. What happened after the race? Did Chuck crash racing to the flag or was this well after the race?

Also, is there no rule on the tour where if you are involved in/ or the cause of an accident you get sent to the tail end of the lead lap?

Sucks for Chuck, as the first DNF at Thompson will be hard to overcome and a 15th place finish doesn't help much.

What is nice to see is that the 59 car/ team/ and Chuck seem to be getting faster and gaining some chemistry. Here is to a win coming soon! :D

KyleMac45
05-29-2010, 10:29 AM
I think the rule is if you spin or stop you go to the rear, Jimmy did not stop he kept on going...

Kyle

GM2
05-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I believe that the rule is if you are involved in an accident that you are lined up where you blend back into the field. Nascar can penalize for rough driving or something like that and make them start tail of the field, but there is no rule that if you're involved in or cause an accident that you go to the rear.