PDA

View Full Version : What can be done?

STU
05-29-2010, 05:04 PM
With many enduro guys taking bad rides lately, and that big time flip in the Big D RR's last night, what can we do to keep that right rear from breaking when going into the turns? Luck was on our side lately, but sooner or later someone is going to get hurt.:( Any thoughts or suggestions?:help:

Philter39
05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Well all the car needed at Diamond was a wagon wheel instead of the stock rim.
Cavaliers and Saturns are prone to beak off the rear wheels. Call GM
1 inch lug nuts correctly tightened are a help. phil

critter
05-29-2010, 09:48 PM
i know on big daddys car he went with wagon wheels and 1 inch nuts after the stocker ripped off last yr

RICK16RACIN
05-29-2010, 10:56 PM
i think all the rear wheel drives should run a re-enforced axle with big studs and 1 inch lug nuts!! a good set of areo or bassit wheels wouldnt hurt either

Philter39
05-29-2010, 11:41 PM
A real cheap way to make the cars safer is a block of wood under the gas pedal. phil

mcstockcar
05-29-2010, 11:45 PM
If the axle breaks(big or small car) your screwed any how. Even with bolt-in or c-clip eliminators. Big cars can benefit from aftermarket axles...if its in the budget.:(

CAPTAIN
05-29-2010, 11:47 PM
A 5/8 course thread, and a 1" lugs should be manditory, also the stock wheels should go. Stock wheels were not designed to do what we are doing on the track. I know wheels can be alittle pricey, but it beats flipping, risking getting hurt, and a ton of work trying to rebuild your car!!!

richardpetey
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking a big set of enduro training wheels and a couple of lessons at the "BIG BANG THEORY" house of racing................................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: