PDA

View Full Version : Airborne Speedway 5/29/10 Les Hinckley wins and Wrecks!

JED
05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Les Hinckley has won the 100 lap MRS race at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburg, NY.

On the last lap leader Rowan Pennink met up with the back of the pack. Car #21 of Geoff Gernhard was running in the center groove when Pennink came into the fourth turn with Les Hinckley running second. Pennink slowed down his momentum because of the #21 car as Hinckley made a hard charge on the bottom groove. Pennink made a move to come down on the bottom and it appeared that Hinckley clipped Pennink slightly.
Pennink regrouped and charged to get across the finish line but Hinckley was able to continue his charge and came across the finish line by about one foot ahead of Pennink.
After crossing the finish line the two hard chargers continued their pace with neither letting up and came together crashing as they entered into turn one.
Both the winning car (#06) and second place car (#25) were badly damaged and towed off the track .

Top 10 cars - Les Hinckley, Rowan Pennink, Dwight Jarvis, Carl Pasteryak, Ken Barry, Todd Annarummo, Jimmy Kuhn, Eric Goodale, Norm Wren and Eddy Spiers.

I will be posting the Complete unofficial finish and Race coverage on CoverItLive shortly
Airborne Speedway did not have any Broadband coverage. Cell phones and my broadband card did not work there. So I will provide step by step action.

JED
05-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Link to photos

http://jimdupontphotos.smugmug.com/Modified-Racing-Series-1/MRS-52910-Airborne-Speedway/12359502_aTUvZ#883144888_kBx72