PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic at BEST

53ny
05-29-2010, 11:29 PM
What a joke!!!!!!green flag starts with the caution ligts on???who fu@#ked that up?? as a racer think that was REAL safe...:rolleyes: I think the class is a JOKE!! rookie race??? half the feild that started te MAIN race belongs in the ROOKIE RACE.....Get with the program.....if u aint up to speed <start in the back or race with the rookies unill ur race pace shows ur ready to contend with the big boys....and for head of inex being at the track to observe.....WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help::help::help::mad::mad::mad : not to mention OFFICIALS making calls on the RACIEVER FOR ALL TO HEAR,then BACKTRACKING ON THERE CALL AFTER CALL WAS MADE WTF ...stand up for what position u represent when wearin that OFFICIAL SHIRT or should i say SKIRT .....OFFICIALLWHO......

byrnemtrspts
05-30-2010, 01:37 AM
What about the Verizon camera Guy videoing through the chainlink fence. Finally going to get tv coverage and its not even a clear shot.

rrealto
05-30-2010, 08:35 AM
53 makes some good points. Something has to change.
But, cannot blame it all on officials.
The lights were a mess. That was bad.
The hissy fit by the 99 should not have been tolerated. Well it wasn't tolerated, he was put to the rear, everyone heard it on the radio, but was that changed??
Too many moms speaking up for drivers here.
And you do not go speeding by the field because your radio is not working. Thats so phony so don't even use that line.
And a guy who is involved in garbage every week is worrying where the video is being shot from?? Slow down, stop spinning and hitting other cars, stop your oil leaks and fasten your fenders instead of watching FIOS.
A couple of cars suffered some heavy damage in what was the most embarrassing race for the division. Fans and track owners had to be unhappy.
Whats the answer? Any ideas on how to make this better??

j-rod
05-30-2010, 09:51 AM
What 53 said is true,,i see the same 3-4 cars almost every week causing problems. These are cars that are in the 'main', that should be in the rookie race to see if they can make it in the 'main'. i dont care if their not 'technically' a rookie they look like rookies. On the other hand i think there's 3-4 cars in the rookie race that belong in the main. I see 2 ways to fix this; either run heats, or get a bit strict and stick a bunch of the non rookies in the rookie race

Ellracin17x
05-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I would LOVE to know what is killing these guys so much that they cant run heats???? can anyone give me a answer

The"Roof"Rider
05-30-2010, 11:38 AM
rrealto, I dont often come on here and post, but today you gave me a great reason too! First I came on today to set your facts straight. After going to see the offical on the back stretch during the race because I couldn't hear anything and even what you call a hissy fit when I went to see him to let him know I wasn't hearing anything and to ask if the race was offical. If you recall Mr.rrealto last year a car involved in a wreck and towed off before the feild was re-aligned and put in proper order and the feild crossed the line that driver got their spot back and was not even in the line up anymore. So stick to being a bleecher creature with your head phones on and watch the race. Its a shame to work on a car all week to go out and race 4 laps. As for you saying my "mom" speaking for me again WRONG. As soon as I pulled off the track I stopped up on the ramp to talk to Jim Maggio to discuss the issues I was having. So before you go pointing fingers maybe you should pay attention a little better. I was in tech when she went to make sure the call was the call. Sorry that my "hissy fit" ruined your day. There was plenty more to talk about then what you so call a hissy fit.

Timmy Solomito

maestri fan 1
05-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I have been thinking about this a lot over the years, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about this..... Everyone wants to get rid of all of the junk up front, just run time trials. Honestly, it would take 10-15 minutes to run time trials for each division. Easy solution. 5 bucks it never happens :) lol

Wheel Racing
05-30-2010, 11:42 AM
What 53 said is true,,i see the same 3-4 cars almost every week causing problems. These are cars that are in the 'main', that should be in the rookie race to see if they can make it in the 'main'. i dont care if their not 'technically' a rookie they look like rookies. On the other hand i think there's 3-4 cars in the rookie race that belong in the main. I see 2 ways to fix this; either run heats, or get a bit strict and stick a bunch of the non rookies in the rookie race

I see heat races as the only way to fix this and then the nature will take it's course. I watched the Rookie race and it's a shame that Strumpf,Ellwood and Soper all didn't move on. These guys are figuring it out quick while some of the experienced racers are killing the division. When you are running outside the top 10 in a race that was that bad, get off the track when you spin and don't bring out another caution. That was rediculous and it happened a couple of times. I feel bad for teh guys that "get it" because they will be the ones to suffer when the track cuts the schedule again. It would be too hard to address the "non rookies" about running the non qualifiers race, but heat races will thin the heard quick as well as give some of these guys the extra 10 laps of seat time each night with 1/3 of the cars on the track. It's easy to see where the problems are especially in a field of cars like 99,53,8,81,6,27,94,49 etc who are all proven drivers.

Wheel Racing
05-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I have been thinking about this a lot over the years, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about this..... Everyone wants to get rid of all of the junk up front, just run time trials. Honestly, it would take 10-15 minutes to run time trials for each division. Easy solution. 5 bucks it never happens :) lol

Time Trials make for a boring race besides that doesn't address the seat time issue which seems to be the biggest problem right now. Heat races should solve most of the problems and weed out the cars that are causing the problems.

maestri fan 1
05-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I see heat races as the only way to fix this and then the nature will take it's course. I watched teh Rookie race and it's a shame that Strumpf,Ellwood and Soper all didn't move on. These guys are figuring it out quick while some of the experienced racers are killing the division. When you are running outside the top 10 in a race that was that bad, get off the track when you spin and don't bring out another caution. That was rediculous and it happened a couple of times. I feel bad for teh guys that "get it" because they will be the ones to suffer when the track cuts the schedule again. It would be too hard to address the "non rookies" about running the non qualifiers race, but heat races will thin the heard quick as well as give some of these guys the extra 10 laps of seat time each night with 1/3 of the cars on the track. It's easy to see where the problems are especially in a field of cars like 99,53,8,81,6,27,94,49 etc who are all proven drivers.

Strumpf and Soper did move on to the main.

Wheel Racing
05-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Strumpf and Soper did move on to the main.

I know that, but Ellwood drove through the pack from the back and more than deserved to be in the main too. Taking only 2 cars is a shame. All 3 guys earned it.

MSK27
05-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe they should make a rule that if you bring out two cautions you are off for the night.Last night the could have pulled the cars off of the track and restarted the race after the mods.That would have given the guys a chance to cool off and an opportunity to finish there race in the advertised distance.

fisherman
05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
just learn your not winning on the 1st lap and drive to finish can,t win if you crash out lol:mad::mad:

byrnemtrspts
05-30-2010, 02:56 PM
As for me being garbage each week? When you start in the back of the pack it is impossible to miss the wrecks. My fenders never came off. I know someones fender came off and brought out the caution but it was not MINE. The 81 ripped my right front off two weeks ago it did not come OFF it was hanging on by one bolt. This week the 92 rearended me under caution and pull my rear fenders off and damaged my bumper because HE thought i was the cause when I was 3-4 cars back when he spun on the back stretch watch the video Realto. Everyone has the courage to say stuff when behind a computer screen. If you notice this does not help the situation it just makes it worse. What car do you drive Realto??????

EDGEnterprises
05-30-2010, 06:38 PM
And I didn't THINK you spun me on the back stretch to begin with. And I ran into the back of you because you pretty close to STOPPED dead on the track, it was a caution NOT a red flag. And then you decide to be a real nice guy and punt me into the first turn wall... So thank you very much! What goes around comes around...

fisherman
05-30-2010, 07:27 PM
wow you guys should build demo cars they could teach you guys how to crash the correct way lol

allhailunc
05-31-2010, 02:41 AM
And I didn't THINK you spun me on the back stretch to begin with. And I ran into the back of you because you pretty close to STOPPED dead on the track, it was a caution NOT a red flag. And then you decide to be a real nice guy and punt me into the first turn wall... So thank you very much! What goes around comes around...

sounds like a threat to me.if the officials had the balls they supposedly have these 2 individuals would be sat down and told'enough is enough-one more incident and you're both going to sit the next one or two out"But,alas,Riverwreck being what it is will not do a thing about it.man am i glad i don't waste my money out there anymore:disgusted

fisherman
05-31-2010, 05:17 AM
sounds like a threat to me.if the officials had the balls they supposedly have these 2 individuals would be sat down and told'enough is enough-one more incident and you're both going to sit the next one or two out"But,alas,Riverwreck being what it is will not do a thing about it.man am i glad i don't waste my money out there anymore:disgusted

agree with you

The Bullfather
05-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Larry why do you even come to this board and post when all you do is bash the track, bash the drivers....you think people want to read this? Everyone knows you don't come to the track, you tell us every post! It was a bad race, things can be done to improve it, back in the day when tickets were cheaper when you attended races, they had bad races, they improved by talking to the drivers or changing different rules. It's always been that way and it will happen again, part of racing. Let the drivers deal with it between themselves and when the officials feel need to deal with it, they will! No one was happy with the race, but it happened and in the past, next race, things should improve!

allhailunc
05-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Larry why do you even come to this board and post when all you do is bash the track, bash the drivers....you think people want to read this? Everyone knows you don't come to the track, you tell us every post! It was a bad race, things can be done to improve it, back in the day when tickets were cheaper when you attended races, they had bad races, they improved by talking to the drivers or changing different rules. It's always been that way and it will happen again, part of racing. Let the drivers deal with it between themselves and when the officials feel need to deal with it, they will! No one was happy with the race, but it happened and in the past, next race, things should improve!
Gee Peter-didn't realize you've become that allmighty gaurdian of the forum?It is an "open" forum isn't it.maybe you see things through rose colored glasses but even though i chose not to attend i can see something brewing between 2 legends drivers that needs immediate attention before someone gets hurt because of antics on the track.and from what i've personally witnessed over the years and seen talked about here on the Jam it usually takes something to happen before a foot gets put down.i'm sorry if you can't see this and i apologise to those forum readers that take this to heart but without a sit down with the 2 'participants" you can bet your bottom dollar you haven't seen the last of this:disgusted

fisherman
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
gee peter-didn't realize you've become that allmighty gaurdian of the forum?it is an "open" forum isn't it.maybe you see things through rose colored glasses but even though i chose not to attend i can see something brewing between 2 legends drivers that needs immediate attention before someone gets hurt because of antics on the track.and from what i've personally witnessed over the years and seen talked about here on the jam it usually takes something to happen before a foot gets put down.i'm sorry if you can't see this and i apologise to those forum readers that take this to heart but without a sit down with the 2 'participants" you can bet your bottom dollar you haven't seen the last of this:disgusted

hey larry its just you are right and some people don,t want to see the facts. I bet they wreck each other or have afight and sit for 2 weeks lol

The Bullfather
05-31-2010, 10:41 AM
They have brought drivers into the white trailer and talked with drivers because of things that were said on this board or in the pits. Drivers take things into their own hands even when talked too, some drivers have been warned, some even fined or suspended from a race or two! Everything you post is negative, all you do is bash the track! Others have posted before saying the same thing to you, but you continue to do so! Constructive criticism is different when you try to post a solution, but most time the post are just a rant about how you don't come to the track no more!

LongIslandJam
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
"Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, small people talk about other people." - Anon.

Let's stick to the topic of what can make for a better race, rather than the people involved. Yes, it's true, sometimes you'll have an awful race - it happens. And, it will happen no matter what rules and officiating you have.

However, on that note, you can set up a scenario that will have a better likelihood of producing better racing. Nevertheless, there are no guarantees, and each scenario has its pros and cons.

RGeeProductions
05-31-2010, 11:33 AM
And you can set up a scenario that makes matters worse....

Golf Guy
05-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Wow, now some are trying to discourage people from posting opinions here? I, too, thought it was an open forum for ideas from fans, past and present.
This little battle between competitors will hopefully only be one of words, not on track actions, because the last thing the Legends need after this past week's sadly short race is more wrecking, intentional or accidental. Hopefully, the time off in between races will help all to focus on preparing their cars for a good race, not an oval demo derby. Beat them on the track, not into it!

WJ I don't think Peter was trying to discourage him from posting, just the constant bashing of everything Riverhead Raceway and letting us know how glad he is to not be going there. I to am tired of reading the same old bashing post. I don't think anything gets better or solved by constantly being negative.

fisherman
05-31-2010, 03:47 PM
wj i don't think peter was trying to discourage him from posting, just the constant bashing of everything riverhead raceway and letting us know how glad he is to not be going there. I to am tired of reading the same old bashing post. I don't think anything gets better or solved by constantly being negative.

hey some people should know the facts why some people bash the track:d

53ny
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Here is something else to consider..:confused:.....were past week 3 in the season,no more starting in the back for the ROOKIE drivers.........:help:........imagine what the starting lineup is going to be this weekend......:help:...many of the drivers who are going to be handicapped to the front of the feild have never been/started out front.........you think this past race was bad..............just wait to this weekend........top five in points starting between15th to 22nd......should be some fenders flyin,multible cautions,hell,might even see the bottom of a LEGENDS CHASSI this weekend...i know im starting in the back,so i should have a great view of all chaos that is sure to happen this weekend without a changes taking place.....DRAW SYSTEM WITH HEAT RACES WORKS AT ALL OTHER TRACKS...............HEATS REWARD DRIVERS WITH SPEED,not a handicapp system witch forces drivers to tiptoe around slugs,and surviving the mistakes of non seasond drivers.....JMO...kevin:cool:

fisherman
05-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Here is something else to consider..:confused:.....were past week 3 in the season,no more starting in the back for the ROOKIE drivers.........:help:........imagine what the starting lineup is going to be this weekend......:help:...many of the drivers who are going to be handicapped to the front of the feild have never been/started out front.........you think this past race was bad..............just wait to this weekend........top five in points starting between15th to 22nd......should be some fenders flyin,multible cautions,hell,might even see the bottom of a LEGENDS CHASSI this weekend...i know im starting in the back,so i should have a great view of all chaos that is sure to happen this weekend without a changes taking place.....DRAW SYSTEM WITH HEAT RACES WORKS AT ALL OTHER TRACKS...............HEATS REWARD DRIVERS WITH SPEED,not a handicapp system witch forces drivers to tiptoe around slugs,and surviving the mistakes of non seasond drivers.....JMO...kevin:cool:

hey kevin you should win be like an enduro goodluck

Gravel
05-31-2010, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=53ny;151614]Here is something else to consider..:confused:.....were past week 3 in the season,no more starting in the back for the ROOKIE drivers.........:help:........imagine what the starting lineup is going to be this weekend......:help:...many of the drivers who are going to be handicapped to the front of the feild have never been/started out front.........you think this past race was bad..............just wait to this weekend]
If the cheif steward feels that a driver is NOT ready to start up front, he can place them in the rear. It's his discretion. Many times in the past, we started drivers that had only a few weeks in the seat to start in the rear. Heats would be a big help. Rookie drivers should also use their head and realize their limitations. It would also gain respect from the more experienced drivers. JMHO

BBI1432
05-31-2010, 09:06 PM
how about 3 heats, take the top five from each heat. Winner from first heat starts 1, winner fron 2nd heat starts 2nd, winner from 3rd heat third, etc etc.... then take 5 from a consi to fill the field!!! the starting line-up for the heats would be done by a draw!!! seen it done this way at other tracks and it seems to work pretty good!!! J.M.O :cool::cheers:

byrnemtrspts
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
another good point 53ny.

byrnemtrspts
05-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Thinking about starting positions. Truthfully I think for me 7th to 11th is perfered. that's where I belong . starting on the front two row would be too much. I would rather work my way there then be placed there. One thing I learned from go karts, was you followed the faster guys and learn from them. What are they doing to get through the corner faster. How deep to send it in etc. I'm out there to RACE in my ability group. It gets crazy in the back of the pack there is a lot oF cars with little room. It's more then experience level, too many cars? If I have a 9th place car that's where I finish. My goal so far this season was to break the top 10. That would be a GREAT FINISH for my team. One other note looking at track design turns 1 and 2 are tighter then 3 and 4. Riverhead is not an OVAL its an EGG something I learned from running go-karts. This design bunches all the cars up right in FRONT of the grandstands. Its proven week in and week out in every division. The asphalt has no grip left in it people are going to the rumble strips to get grip. Soon we will be on the EEKR short track its not just the legends division it's all divisions.

jgloor8
06-01-2010, 10:00 AM
heat races would solve alot, take the top 5 from each heat race then do a redraw from the top 3 of all the heat races

jgloor8
06-01-2010, 10:12 AM
is it even legal to score a 4 lap race? how can that count? what a joke

unowho243
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Gee Peter-didn't realize you've become that allmighty gaurdian of the forum?It is an "open" forum isn't it.maybe you see things through rose colored glasses but even though i chose not to attend i can see something brewing between 2 legends drivers that needs immediate attention before someone gets hurt because of antics on the track.and from what i've personally witnessed over the years and seen talked about here on the Jam it usually takes something to happen before a foot gets put down.i'm sorry if you can't see this and i apologise to those forum readers that take this to heart but without a sit down with the 2 'participants" you can bet your bottom dollar you haven't seen the last of this:disgusted

I have to agree your posts are annoying no one wants to hear your BS if u stay home why do you care what goes on.... as for the race when the same cars are involved in every wreck they should be put on probation period if they continue to wreck they whould be sat down end of story i see the same few cars spinning crashing and finishing in the back every week... no i do not drive but i have in the past ive been going to the track my entire life and i can tell when someone can drive and when they just plain suck!

Racer18
06-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Im glad i wasnt the only one who noticed the caution light still being on...during one of the restarts. They really need to figure there **** out.

WEEZER
06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey Golf Guy, thanks for beating me to the draw, I to am tired of the larry's bashing Riverhed, try something different guys like getting a new hat or something.

The Bullfather
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Pass the blame on one incident of how many??? The race was terrible and one incident was the yellow light still on as the green flag dropped, there's a ton more you can point out! Overall, let's hope they can pick up the pieces and get to racing, you can't rub fenders in a legend, so stop trying :lol: You can write a whole chapter of what went wrong, but next race is a new day!:)

maestri fan 1
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey in defense of my boy Jimmy Byrne I would just love to point out some great footage on pitstoppitbull.com of the legends race. Now Bryan Johnson, I hope you take the time to watch that video and you will notice that Jim only hit the brakes after you hit him...... He DID NOT stop on the back stretch at all. That's all I have to say.

EDGEnterprises
06-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Actually, watch the video again... You see the #39 stop midway down the backstrech, and then thats the point where I end up running into the back of him.

maestri fan 1
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't know bryan... I mean I know I'm a spectator but even video shows that he just slows down nd u hit him...

53ny
06-03-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/videos/2010bench/Week5Legends.wmv

after watching the video several times :confused: which provides great footage :applause: of the 4 caution field feature :disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted :mad::mad::mad::mad:.... i was just curious how the 99 car got lined up in front of the 53 car between the 5th and 6th caution.. can people give me their view on this??? :help::help::help:

RGeeProductions
06-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't know bryan... I mean I know I'm a spectator but even video shows that he just slows down nd u hit him...

I agree Matt. The 39 let off for the caution and the 92 stayed on it...clearly shown...

The Bullfather
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Kevin the lap was scored with Timmy ahead of you the lap before the caution flew. The two of you were side by side with him taking a slight edge over you by maybe a fender or less. The next time across the line the yellow was out, watch it again and you'll see him ahead on the outside the lap that was scored.