PDA

View Full Version : Track conditions???

CAPTAIN
05-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Is anything going to change for this weekend??? Or should i just stay home???

rk1714
05-30-2010, 11:01 AM
I was hoping to hear something to, before we come down and have the same mess !

richardpetey
05-30-2010, 12:08 PM
This weekend? A secret dry track race was scheduled and I was left outa the loop.................................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
There ahead of themselves and at the finish line aready!:lol:

CAPTAIN
05-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah, i want to be ahead of the game. If we are getting the same condItions, then i am not going, then i will be way ahead of the game, i will not have to rebuild a whole car again!!! joe please enlighten us!!!

critter
05-30-2010, 09:17 PM
yeah do we mud tires or are regular tires ????? and how many tear offs are we going to need for the first 20 laps lol

Philter39
05-30-2010, 11:19 PM
We have 1 race out of 12 when the track is to wet for all the new enduro drivers and you act as though it has been that way every race. Come on show up put on your tearoffs( I used 4 last race). And get ready to complain about dust this time. You guys remind me of the Wimpy cup drivers.

ABOVE ALL DO NOT FORGET MEMORIAL DAYS MEANING. phil

CAPTAIN
05-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Ok phil, when your car gets totaled, i do not want to hear you b i t c h , not one word.

Philter39
05-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Agreed ! phil

richardpetey
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Thats right Philly! Us dirt veterans would rather sink than swim.............................:rolleyes:
If you can read this, thank a teacher......................:applause:
If its in ENGLISH, thank a VETERAN...........................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY.............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Steve Haegele
05-31-2010, 12:55 PM
By the looks of the voting, i`d say its going to be wet, cant see Kenny changing his track prep for 1 guy.

Philter39
05-31-2010, 01:21 PM
1 guy with no tearoffs phil

mcstockcar
05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
The next guy to bi-ch, should have to wear Peteys open faced helmet, with NO tear-offs!
Its an enduro race- anythings possible- track conditions, rain, heat, cold, too many cars, aggressive drivers, flat tires, broken parts, and Critter.:lol:
I think that race last year where it poured sucked ,what we had last race was nutin compared to it.

richardpetey
05-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Your right Jack! We're gett'en a little spoiled(you didn't hear me say that)..................:confused:
In days of old we had to deal with dead cars parked in the corners before the race started, big tractor tires randomly sprinkled all over the track, sometimes 200 to 300 cars starting on a track that couldn't accommodate half that amount and last but not least, watering the track every time it even got close to being tacky with soapy water.........................................:eek :
UNCLE PETEY...............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
So Ive heard. We are the spoiled brat enduro racers of today. We got it made compared to what was throw at you back then.

critter
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
and critter ???? lol to funny jack .i just do my own thing and try to stay out of the way and try to get to the checkered flag :cool:

richardpetey
05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Critter, Get that trailer hitch put on.....................................:rolleyes:
Eight tires are better than four..............................:cheers:
You wanna run point or caboose.............................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
ill get the chains out and hook to your rear bumper petey , lets go get em :D

CJfilms
06-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I will be talking to Kenny about this situation in private. Since we have many different opinions and some mainly the same...one popular one is brow beat him until he listens...I will talk to Kenny in person on Saturday about this.

I cannot predict the future. If you are planning on not attending because you do not know what to expect...then feel free to do so. I would prefer if everyone did show up, raced a good race, and goes home happy with car(s) in tact...however....

Aside from track conditions, racing incidents can occur. It is an enduro...for lack of a better word -> "things" happen.

We can run the race dry as a dessert, stopping every 10 laps or so to spritz it down...
We can race it muddy and sloppy as it was last year when it rained...

In the end, "things happen"... You might wreck your car in a high speed wreck on a completely dry track. You might take your car home without any extra dents...honestly, show me an enduro car that doesn't already have some dents...

Track prep will be discussed between Kenny and I....it was pointed out here on the forums that everyone attacking Kenny at the driver's meeting is not going to accomplish anything. I will discuss this with him, one on one. You will see a difference this race or you may call it your last....everyone has the freedom to hold their own opinion. Like I said though, I cannot predict the future....what if Kenny doesn't wet it too much and we get liquid sunshine?

I want everyone to be happy....although, we all know that will never happen, I will do my best to at least attempt!

Kenny81
06-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Joe,
I understand everything you said, except, I didn't get your opinion of how YOU think the track should be at the start of the race. Your opinion will definitely influence the private conversation you have with Kenny.

NOTE: I never heard any complaints when we were running at Mountain or Mahoning Valley about the track NOT being watered down and soaped. Since that was my introduction to enduro racing, I thought the emphasis was more on racing then wrecking.

In my opinion when the track is "right" at Grandview, it's way more fun than the other tracks I mentioned.

CJfilms
06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Kenny, I will be doing what I can to make it "right".

My opinion doesn't matter as much as the driver's opinion....I'm not on the track. I would prefer to see good racing all the way through the race, be it by means of a dry track or wet track. Although, there is a limit to each side of that argument...too dry and too wet...

I believe less water on the track immediately before the drop of the green flag will help. However, if Kenny runs in the track with water all day and the clay is holding the moisture...he may not need to wet the track much before the race or even during the race....it depends on track prep, weather, time and sunlight...

If the track is turned over and watered down then ran in...it should hold up fairly nice the entire event.

If the weather is slightly cloudy with a mild breeze...it should not dry out too much to need a red flag watering.

If the drivers respond promptly to the call to stage and there is no down time between prep and race...the track should be quite preferable.

If there is a hot sun beaming down all day on the track...it is going to dry quickly and need more red flags to wet the track.

There are many "IF's", and this is because we are racing on dirt....racing on Asphalt, as you mentioned MVS and SVS, there is little to no track prep required for an enduro...throw the green flag and clean up after the race for the next race. Wetting an asphalt track down before an enduro is to control speeds and add an obstacle into the race without utilizing dead cars and old tires as was done in the old days... Wetting a dirt track is necessary. How much water depends on the elements I mentioned above....that is why I say I cannot predict the future. Weather conditions change...a hard night of racing on Saturday night might require more track maintenance than normal...trouble behind the scenes, such as transponder issues or slow staging, causes the balance to shift and throw things out of whack.

I said it before, I want what you want. Based on the polls, most people want less water. IF less water cannot be achieved, we will make due and pace the field longer so that we can start the race on the proper racing surface.

Either way....bring your tear-offs...bring a towel... If you are running out of tear-offs BEFORE the green flag is thrown, ask someone for advice or put more on.... If you do not have an old towel to bring with you for the pace laps, so you aren't using tear-offs immediately, use and old shirt or something......don't go out with nothing on or with you and expect us to be able to help you. I cannot hold up the race for one or two people who are not properly prepared. Come ready, listen for the calls over the PA system and over the scanners...and get ready to rumble!

Kenny81
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Joe,
That's what I'd hope you'd say:

"I believe less water on the track immediately before the drop of the green flag will help...."

Of course you can't control all the variables that affect the track. You pointed out that you want the track "right" for racing. That's what's important to me. I'm sure you will be able to convey that to Kenny and he'll make it happen.

See you at the Race

critter
06-02-2010, 03:23 PM
lets race already ,woohoo i got some special tires harry gave me to run :lol:

NeetsSpectator
06-02-2010, 04:28 PM
lets race already ,woohoo i got some special tires harry gave me to run :lol:

Lets just hope your right front tire doesn't make that awful sound again.

CJfilms
06-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Well, he already did the elephant noise...so what animal noise is next for Critter's car?

Let's hear a moo!!!!

miller78
06-02-2010, 08:43 PM
lets just go out there and put on a good race i told a bunch of people to come down and watch us run plus i live 10 mins from pocono so ill glad to be going south of all the race traffic

critter
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
moo ???? it aint no cow lol how bout no noise from the car just me yellin when i see the checkered flag ,plus i have to keep the car together in case my fiance kat drives :D

punchy
06-03-2010, 01:48 PM
No pressure Critter.....keep it in one piece, if you get antsy and you might wreck.... please pull off the track and report to the pits! so KAT can race it later!:lol::wave:

critter
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
i know i know ,dont worry ill keep it in one peice so my fiance kat can drive it

punchy
06-04-2010, 12:17 PM
yeah we have heard that once before :lol:

get her registered by the way!;)

critter
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
i did just watin on joe to add her to the list

mcstockcar
06-05-2010, 02:48 PM
moo ???? it aint no cow lol how bout no noise from the car just me yellin when i see the checkered flag ,plus i have to keep the car together in case my fiance kat drives :D

I got a noise maker for it. Are you still interested in it? We talked about it at the last race.

critter
06-05-2010, 03:24 PM
jack if u read this b4 the race bring it along we want it ,thanks buddy and kat said thank u too

mcstockcar
06-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I think its worth 1 transponder rental??:lol:

critter
06-06-2010, 06:56 AM
u got it dude