PDA

View Full Version : Enduros at Wall ?

racing#s
06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I was just looking over the Wall Stadium schedule and there's no Enduros ?
I went last year,and it was awesome,and this year wanted to race there...
No more Enduros at Wall ?

310fig8
06-02-2010, 09:28 AM
NEETS and Jim Morton could not get together with an agreement. All Enduros that were planned for Wall during the Family Nights are now going to be extra distance Factory Stock division races instead. :(

CJfilms
06-02-2010, 08:14 PM
One of the biggest issues was that Wall wanted to add the FS division to the enduros....NJ Staties said "NO WAY" and since the Factory Stocks comprised over half of the cars out there.....we could not run a show with less than 10 cars in each division and get away with calling it an enduro.

Hopefully, we will reach an agreement in the upcoming years and be able to attract more drivers....sadly enough, the interest is there, but just not the support.

WEEZER
06-02-2010, 10:23 PM
What a shame, I had a great time running at wall's Turkey Derby weekend on sunday, I too was looking forward to race or two this summer at wall again. Hopefully Jim Morton is reading this a lets me bring my riverhead grand down to run with his FS without making all the changes necessary to be legit FS.

CJfilms
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Weezer, one of the biggest issues in NJ is not track management (despite what a lot of people argue)... It's being NJ "LEGAL" or NJ "SAFE".

NJ State Troopers patrol each and every racing event at every venue for safety infractions and for official's letting things slide...besides what the track management/officials may consider legal, NJ Troopers have the final call if there is a questionable safety item.

Now, if you are just talking about performance legalities....different story!

NEETS never had any issues with the Troopers, considering I spent more time on the phone with them before we even started racing there than some of the states' speedway promoters in the past five years... I work in code enforcement, so I understand the trooper's views and the reasoning behind the rules....I think that helped keep the NEETS shows moving along too!