PDA

View Full Version : 06/06/10 - Some Video From Bowman Gray Stadium 6/5/10

Teds Race Tours
06-06-2010, 08:07 AM
1st One is the 2nd race start with Ryan Preece in the 36 car on the outside pole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WNbgCrvL_Q

2nd Video is Civali getting into the back of Tim Brown off of turn 4, with the end results of Brown Spinning, and the Crwod Going Madhouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzj0KOl68sA

Trying to load the Brown take out of Civali, but this hotel connection is SLOW.

Teds Race Tours
06-07-2010, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chXyVYnldaw

The 1st 25 lapper from Saturday night, June 5th, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3n05F7GPQg

Video of Tim Brown WAITING for James Civali and stuffing him into the turn 3 wall.

Jaws
06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Anyone forward the link to NASCAR yet? It's for sure the yahoo's at the Madhouse aren't going to sanction him for that blatant action. I hope the Hills have filed some sort of protest of Brown's childish stupidity.

Brown must be a graduate of the Junior Miller driving school.

Are you kidding, they watched him for 4 laps get the crowd wound up. Civali dumped him and nothing was done. They love that stuff there. No penalty for Tim Brown at all.

Racer1_NC
06-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone forward the link to NASCAR yet? It's for sure the yahoo's at the Madhouse aren't going to sanction him for that blatant action. I hope the Hills have filed some sort of protest of Brown's childish stupidity.

Brown must be a graduate of the Junior Miller driving school.

You're kidding right? Protest? Protest to who? You think Daytona will care? They haven't done anything yet and there was a whole season of TV about the place.

All this will do is increase the gate next time JWC rolls into town and that folks is how they pack them in at BGS.

Steve in NC
06-08-2010, 09:49 AM
It is nice to see Madhouse gain some attention for the mods. Wonder how many of the people surrounding Burt's car this past Sunday at Martinsville are "new" race fans due to the show, or simply old race fans jumping on the popularity bandwagon. I have nothing against Burt at all and if a little success means more people around his car.. not a problem.

Where I do have a problem is the BGS mentality from the fans. For instance right near the end of the race on Sunday at Martinsville, Woody started going backward from 2nd place and got hung out on the outside and was slipping. Well Burt was moving forward on the outside. Well Burt got hungout on the outside with no place to go eventually when he came up on Woody's bumper and he was slower. Obviously Woody's car was going away or a tire slowly going down and he wasn't handling as well as he was earlier. No ill intentions on Woody's part to hold Burt up. Burt simply got hung out on the outside lane behind a slower car and the guys on the inside weren't going to simply allow him to come down either. Thats racing.

BUT..... its seems everyone sitting around me had black and orange shirts on and waving #1 signs at Woody when this was all happening because Woody was holding up Burt from going to the front. And if I heard it once I heard it 10 times, "take him out Burt!" from the same fans. To Burts credit he didn't take him out as I think Burt saw there wasn't anything dirty going on. Burt simply knew he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and needed to get down to the bottom ASAP. Eventually he did and started moving back forwarded again.

The reason this bothers me is I had my 13yr old son sitting next to me with all these people hollering and waving signs with their middle finger in the air at Woody. And for what?

That is the BGS attitude and the reason its not racing and why I refuse to be part of the WWE of Winston Salem. You can brag about having full stands every Saturday ight... but if the true rules were ever enforced.. BGS would be no longer.

I can still remember the electricity in the air when Evans, Cook, Troyer, Kent, etc etc would race tooth and nail every Saturday night. And we always paid to come back to see it again and again. And the most anyone had was maybe a rub mark on a nerf bar. Not the circus that is called BGS.

Steve

Racer1_NC
06-08-2010, 12:08 PM
That is the BGS attitude and the reason its not racing and why I refuse to be part of the WWE of Winston Salem. You can brag about having full stands every Saturday ight... but if the true rules were ever enforced.. BGS would be no longer.
If you are referring to my post, I was not bragging, I was stating facts. That's why BGS management won't change things and NASCAR couldn't care less.

Most people that go to BGS are not modified fans and they are not racing fans either. They are BGS fans.

Personally I'd like a real race track to replace BGS, but it'll never happen. You take what you can get and around here and BGS is the only game in town. Literally.

Steve in NC
06-08-2010, 01:45 PM
If you are referring to my post, I was not bragging, I was stating facts. That's why BGS management won't change things and NASCAR couldn't care less.

No Sir not at all. You and I appear to be in full agreement. "You can brag about...." was meant for all of the hardcore BGS mngt and NASCAR officials who turn a blinds eye everytime something happens on the track because they know it means more gate money next week. i.e..... the reason for the circus comment I put at the end.

Sorry for the confusion Racer1_NC. We are square between us as far as I'm concerned.

Steve

burtmyers1
06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
As far as Martinsville and Pitkat, watch this video and tell me why Pitkat seems desperate to keep Burt behind him on the restart shortly into the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rUOL4MfyQE

Seems an awful lot like blocking to me.

Pitkat is going to be an in-law to Santos soon...................

As for the BGS fan situation, if you're still complaining now then you just won't get it.

Jaws
06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
As far as Martinsville and Pitkat, watch this video and tell me why Pitkat seems desperate to keep Burt behind him on the restart shortly into the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rUOL4MfyQE

As for the BGS fan situation, if you're still complaining now then you just won't get it.

Pitkat was out of tires at the end and was holding on for dear life. Burt did a good job last Sunday. He raced clean all day and showed he can race with the boys from up north. i hope to see him come up north again soon.

Rabbit504
06-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I haven't talked to James yet.
But I can tell you this.... Tim Brown hasn't seen the end of James W Civali.

AND Bobby Santos didn't need Woody or anyone else to block for him
He is the class of the field right now.

adam97
06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
No, Tim hasn't seen the the last of JWC....aka TALIBAN... see ya soon

Steve in NC
06-08-2010, 10:07 PM

I've been watching and/or working on modifieds since the early '70s in many different states north and south. Everything is a judgement call on the race track. You call it blocking because you obviously see things through "black and orange" colored glasses. So be it. Thats your call.
If you look at how Woody's car handled after Burt and others got by him he continued to go backwards and diamond the corners. His tires were gone.

here is a suggestion. don't preach to me. I'm not interested in getting involved in the BGS circus mentality. But the absolute disrespect for common decency in public with kids and ladies around speaks for itself. As a graduate of Parris Island, SC beleive me I heard and spoken about every colorful word known to man and can put alcohol away with the best of them. But I don't do it around ladies and kids period. Its called respect.

I've watched the best modified drivers for many years week in and week out. Bobby is as good as they come. He doesn't need Woody blocking. But it would have been interesting to see what Silky had for him if he hadn't had the loss of fuel issue. I've seen it done as hard nosed as anyone has seen without the WWE drama. Just hard work to come back and try to beat the guy that beat you last week. That's called class.

Steve

Who's_Harry?
06-08-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.neracing.com/0508-14gn.htm
Some drivers just never get it.
http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2008/08/james-civali-out-with-king-rac.html

uticamike
06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Steve in NC, I'm 100% with you here guy. Just before and a few weeks into the Madhouse
season I had my butt handed to me by some on here because I too find this kind of "racing" deplorable. Bad enough that it happens at all but to be doing this crap with Mods is a double kick in the ..... My critic's favorite retort was "at least the Modifieds are on TV". No.. mental defectives who happen to be driving Modifieds were on TV. What of these "new" fans that came to Martinsville (and other places), were they disappointed that Burt or Jason or ____ didn't wreck somebody? Were they suprised there are tracks that have room to actually race? I don't know. To those that like Madhouse and the whole BGS scene , more power to ya. Nothing I write here will convince you otherwise but you have my sympathy. I never had the pleasure of meeting or knowing Lou Cady but I wonder what he would think of all of this?
Sad really.

burtmyers1
06-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Mike, I understand your point, but I will not sit back and watch you call our drivers "mental defectives". Seeing as one those had a slim chance at winning Martinsville and was going finish in the top 10 in Thompson, it must really bother you. Sure there some drivers that may have a few screws loose that run at the Stadium, but not all of them are like that. Each of us is entitled to own opinions, but don't belittle our drivers. Maybe if you give a little more respect to them we might respect you a little more. The other Southern posters and I don't come on here and bad mouth the northern drivers. That is our real beef here is that you continue to dismiss our drivers when they have proved you wrong on several occasions and they will continue to do so.

Does this mean I approve Tim's actions or anyone else's in a similar matter? No, but in the heat of the moments things happen.

uticamike
06-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Burt1, I haven't ever set this up as a us vs them, North vs South deal although others have.
Believe me we have plenty of "defective" drivers up here. Ever seen a race at Wall? I'm old enough to remember the names Radford, Worley, Hendricks, Berrier, Bryant. Those guys didn't race BGS style that I remember. My point is no other track I can think of celebrates the worst of racing like BGS. On the subject of Burt Myers, I think he'd rather not race that way and I think he's got a ton of talent. I wished he raced up here more often. I'd "trade" Burt for Civali in a heartbeat if I could. You and I likely have more in common than you know and we're both fans of Modifieds so lets leave there.

Modman4
06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't know how to explain the Bowman Gray thing to some of you guys and I know some of you could care less about that style of racing. Bowman Gray is not a pretty thing. Everyone there does not flip off drivers as they go by. There is not a "take out" move every lap of every race there. Some of the races are pretty boring at times. Imagine that. I sit in a great section of folks that treat me and my family with respect. There are friends of Burts, a sportsman drivers wife, and just plain other folks who enjoy hanging out with each other for a day at the races. Bowman Gray is in many folks blood including mine. I know it's the redheaded step child of short track racing and I'm cool with that. I know what BG is and I don't try and hide it. I get tired of folks who think that BG fans and drivers don't know real racing. That's total bull. Yes there are alot of folks who are only BG fans and probably know nothing other than BG. Shame on them. There are also alot of other folks who enjoy going to BG because it's what we do in the summer down here but we also enjoy watching the mods at Caraway, Concord, or whatever other track. I ask this question and maybe you'll agree with me or not but if the Bowman Gray setup were in NJ, Conn, Pa, or whatever state up North where they run the mods, do you not think if you put some of the top mod drivers on a track like that you wouldn't have fireworks? I watched the Madhouse show and enjoyed it because it showed a part of BG that some of us regulars never get to see like the shops and what some of the drivers do away from BG. I DID NOT LIKE that they showed the same wrecks over and over again. Showed the same fans flipping off drivers over and over again. I respect the Northern Mod guys and wish the Southern Tour had half the support the Northern Tour does. It really pisses me off that the Southern mods and really of the mods in general do not get the respect they deserve. I love when the Yanks come down south to race as it adds excitement and I enjoy that. Enjoy reading everyone's comments on this forum but I just ask that you guys that haven't been to BG please don't judge ALL fans and drivers based on what you hear or see on some tv show. Yes those things do happen (see Tim Brown video) and it's unfortunate but you can't tell me that if Tim went up North to race and dumped one of the regulars at the track in the points hunt, that they wouldn't retaliate in some way. I'm not saying it's right I'm just trying to put the shoe on the other foot. No drama here just trying to let my point of view be known and no I'm not a Tim Brown fan. I just love my modified racing wether it's at WWE arena in Winston or at a speedy half mile track. To me there's nothing that sounds better or looks better than a 600 hp. modified and the style of racing it brings. Thanks.