View Full Version : Good Day

Rabbit504
06-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Top 10 for Wade
Top 15 for Jake.
I'd say today was a Good Day!!

BigMac
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
18 cautions for 119 laps is a lot of things. A good day is not one of them. Regardless of who did or didn't finish in the top 15.

MOD JUNKIE
06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I,m a huge Modified fan but the 119 laps of caution sucked. Nice still to see the best racecars out on the track and Santos winning again with that little Hutter Chevy motor.........imagine that!!!!! maybe more of them will go buying fomoco stuff and try agian.....lol.....:lol:

NC Mudcat
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Pitiful. The young rookies were supposed to be in the taxi cab race, but apparently, they all ran the modified race instead. Poor showing altogether. And did Silk really run out of gas with 20 to go?

JED
06-07-2010, 12:01 AM
A tough day indeed.
Silk did run out of gas. He had a leak in the system and lost the fuel.

holleratme
06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Congratulations to Wade and Jake......... with all the haulers there sits a old ramp truck and with 2 or 3 crew members Wade made the top 10. Right there he deserves kudos just for the truck making it to Martinsville. With everything stacked against them they keep hanging in there HOPE you do it again next race:applause:

MarKim1
06-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Congrats to Wade Cole for a top 10 finish. This is great to see, Jake also, great job!

CTC Photos
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
81 laps of green flag racing in a 200 lap race...really? Really?

What will it take for the NWMT teams to kiss nascar goodbye? They're not helping you! You show up to race and they make a mockery of you and your teams again and again.

NC Mudcat
06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
81 laps of green flag racing in a 200 lap race...really? Really?

What will it take for the NWMT teams to kiss nascar goodbye? They're not helping you! You show up to race and they make a mockery of you and your teams again and again.

What does that mean? How did NASCAR make a mockery of the teams?

Jaws
06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
What does that mean? How did NASCAR make a mockery of the teams?

I was thinking the same thing. Did I miss something?

KH0429
06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't like going to NWMT races because caution laps count, here you see 81 green, 119 caution, not fair to the fans or the drivers. Shorter races, caution laps don't count.

Perhaps that was what he was referring to.

Who's_Harry?
06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
First thanks Phil and Whelen for suporting the Mods North and South! But that race was just plain bad! Many laps of caution for single car spins, flagger has to wait for the tower to throw the yellow and to put out the one togo and several times didn't get it out until the leader was rite under him, what was the pit road speed and pace car speed? Seemed different every caution. Everytime North or south at the Mod races it's like its the first time they have ever put on a race and yet it's better now than it was in the past. As for ISC and Nascar it's great to have a date at Martinsville for the Mods, lots of history there and I can understand why your tryn to stuff your developmental taxi crap series down everyone's throat but here's a few things... How many people showed up maybe 4000? this was right after 15000 at Bowman Gray the night before about an hour away. $25 to get in? maybe that's a little high when BG just charged $10 the night before. Not to mention that it wasnt a combo tour race so you only got a few of the south guy's to buy the North lic that I'm sure they had to buy to run. Then after people buy a ticket you charge them Cup weekend prices for refreshments ($3 for water) after you stop anyone with a cooler bigger then a kids lunch box as seen by the cooler collection at the gate. Did I mention it was over 90 out! Sorry but I don't get how you go from the largest non cup event at the track to what was put on last Sunday in just a few years.

MJProcko
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't like going to NWMT races because caution laps count, here you see 81 green, 119 caution, not fair to the fans or the drivers. Shorter races, caution laps don't count.

Perhaps that was what he was referring to.

Funny because I went to the MRS opener at Waterford which was 100 green laps and easily 150 caution laps. Both were bad races and counting cautions had nothing to do with it. You do realize that the cars circling the track under caution is the same weather or not the scoreboard adds a lap or not right? I guess I could point out that the sizzler was 200 laps with 42 under caution giving you 158 laps of green but the usual response from the imagnary caution folks is that now the race is too long. In that case lets examine the Ice Breaker, it was 150 laps with 32 laps of yellow, if the MRS race next week averages the usual number of cautions they've had this season and figuring the number of cautions they've had in the past at Thompson the race could easily hit 150 laps except there will only be 75 laps of green flag racing. Under your reasoning, which race would you rather go to?

On a side note, how many of the MRS teams not associated with an WMT driver will be supporting the Thompson open show this week?

Fat Albert
06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I'd much rather get what I paid for! With the MRS you expect to see 100 laps of racing and that's what you get every time. The caution laps are free and you can run down to the restroom or get something to eat and not miss any Modified action. With the NWMT it's a crap shoot! You might get to see 75 to 80 percent of what you paid for, or as in this case only 40.5 %, and you don't go to the restroom or the food stand during cautions because positions can change as some cars pit for fuel and/or tires. Any time you go to a race you know that you may see a great race or maybe not such a great race today. It's a matter of preference. You obviously prefer the NASCAR tour while I prefer the MRS. Either way, it's Modified racing and that is always better than Taxi Cab racing.

BigMac
06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Outside of this weekend, I actually thought the racing has been pretty good on the WMT. Most of the cautions at Stafford and Thompson this year have been for simple spins. There really hasn't been any equipment torn up. My biggest beef with the tour is they never let a car correct themselves. At least a couple cautions a race could be avoided if they gave the cars a second or two to get it rolling.

As far as Martinsville goes, I really wish they would go back to running Cup weekends. I think the tour has proven they can be an exciting compliment to the Cup Series. A southern race has no chance to succeed when going up againt a Cup race on TV.