PDA

View Full Version : Track conditions 2

mcstockcar
06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Ok. NOW that was a great track..at least i thought so. It was nt too wet, and it tacked up fairly fast. I started up on the top groove and worked my way down as it dried. It got a little dusty torward the end. I dont know how bad it was for the remaining drivers(I was done due to overheating) But it looked good. Thanks Kenny and Mother nature.
I watched Kenny H2o the track down for the small cars, he went around 2x- 1 st in the lower groove and up onto the mid to high groove. He made sure the exit to the pits was not wet. It looked like just enuff H2o to get the race started.:)

critter
06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
i agree jack ,to bad i didnt get to finish either

mcstockcar
06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
My car was hooked up better than ever till i glanced down to see the temp gauge at 230!:(
and yes the head gaskets were blown.:(

Doug132
06-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Big hats off to Kenny for giving us a beautiful race track yesterday!!! I think it was perfect... start to finish!
:cheers: :applause:

CJfilms
06-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Thank you ALL for working with us and being patient...

I called over the PA system...the race would not start until the rain stopped....we directed the cars to run the track in BEFORE we threw the green flag...we called for thumbs up/down and we got positive and negative responses from ALL drivers...WHEN the majority of drivers were either thumbs up or giving us a 2 more laps signal, we bunched everyone up for the green flag.

THANK YOU ALL!!! Great job, great track!

rpkulik
06-07-2010, 08:13 AM
It could not have been better.

EnduroFromDE
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
For the 4 cyl race the track was perfect. It would be great if the track can be this way every race. The 6/8 could of used a tad bit more water, it seemed to get a little dusty the last 15 laps or so.

DEMotorsports
06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
The track was nice until lap 30. After that it became rough and dusty. My engine died as I came across the line for the checkers. Thought the motor went sour but ended up being a totally clogged air filter which strangled the motor. Glad that was the only problem. Whew!
I also noticed a bunch of chewed up tires on other cars, must have been when the track became like asphalt in turns one and two. I can not figure out how my right front tire survived with torn treads and a heavily gouged sidewall. But it endured :).

mcstockcar
06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Congrats! I heard tires starting to squeal around turn 2.

tbirdracer
06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
the 6/8 cyl race was great to watch up to half way. it was very hard to see do to the dust kicking up. i was sitting just off turn 4. if i looked at 3 and 4 dust hit me in the eyes. my kids had to only watch 1 and 2. the 4 cyl had one heck of a finish. the rain made it one of the best finishs i have seen in years! way to go all. great races!!!!!

Maddawg
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Sure wish I could have gotten my car running:mad::mad: That was the best track I've seen there in a long time!!!!!!!! It was definately different sitting in the stands but was totally enjoyable.. :cheers:And in my opinion the little dust wasn't really that bad.. for the spectators.., but like Duane said maybe just a little too much for the cars...
Now for the good news !!! ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!! next project the 417m
Maddawg