PDA

View Full Version : Rules about muffler?

bulldozer
06-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I read the rules and it says as stated that a 12 inch lobak must remain intact. Now if you loose your muffler where does it say you cant weld a new one on.So if i lost one in practice im done for the night. Why wasnt the 8 car aloud to weld a new one on durning the caution? why are we paying for welding? Am i missing something.I understand him getting sent in because you need a muffler to race but where does it state you are done for the night. Maybe im missing it in the rules.Can anyone show me where the rule is in writing? I could be wrong but thats the only thing i could find.

The Bullfather
06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Also modified driver Tommy Sekulski the week before was black flagged and in the Blunderbust race Jimmy White Jr. was DQ'ed as he didn't adhere to the rules before the race.

bulldozer
06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
So you are telling me its in the rulebook or its just an unwritten rulle?????? So im done for the day if my muffler comes off in practice?????????

The Bullfather
06-07-2010, 07:40 PM
In Practice???? Come on Chris that a ridiculous argument! You know very well if it happens in the main race that when the rule comes into play.

fisherman
06-07-2010, 08:39 PM
better weld them on better with a bracket for safety:wave:

bulldozer
06-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Exactly what i have read W J where does it say it ends your night?????? Why cant a new one be put on and go back racing im baffled.

chevycraft
06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Thats one of the problems , you can`t ask THEM , they will not talk to you , when you ask THEM a question you get blown off, with a who cares crappy attitude !!! Also it`s really not THEM it`s HIM because Mike is getting healthy, but not soon enough......

kleilamotorsports
06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Chris,
Walter stated that at the winter information meeting.
Dont agree with the fact that you can not fix it.

So let me ask you this, Why does the rules saythe exhaust have to exit the right side door.
If they are so worried of the fact that the muffler can go into the grand stands which it did a few years ago,why have it going throw the door.

You would think that another car could have contact with a car and knock the muffler off. That could very much happen but I truely never ever seen a muffler come off by contact by another car.

Oh BTW. Most other tracks have there mufflers exiting under the car, for one little safer, not shooting flames out the side when you stall it. 2 saves the exhaust in a wreck

96 Charger
06-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Chris,

It was said at the drivers meetings this year if you loose your muffler you will be DQ'd. I was there for 3 different division meetings and I heard it at all of them. I don't believe I have seen it in print anywhere though.

bulldozer
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
THey also said no extra practice for people too and while im on line There goes another mod and another mod and another mod.WHile the mod practice is over with. THought that was going to be put to rest too.LOL. Said that at the meetings too.

Ka$h25
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
It seems pretty ridiculous really. Why wouldn't you be able to fix it and go back out? I don't know, and really don't care if, or when it was stated, I just wanna know WHY?

Richie25
06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
THey also said no extra practice for people too and while im on line There goes another mod and another mod and another mod.WHile the mod practice is over with. THought that was going to be put to rest too.LOL. Said that at the meetings too.

same with the legend class too. guys just keep driving around and getting in with the 2nd split up. sometimes 3rd split up.

bmsracer22
06-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Chris.... the week before i had lost a muffler during the modified feature. I was black flagged, got my muffler off the track from one of the track crew guys and sat at the welder, with sonny holding the muffler in hand ready to tac it back on and the officials said no i had to park the car for the night. At the winter meetings they made it a point to say that once a muffler comes off your car during a feature you are done for the night. If you lose a muffler in practice you must put one back on and have an official inspect it before the feature. trust me i know all about this rule now, not only did i get parked for the night but it also cost me 100 bucks for speeding in the pits when i got that lovely news. I was wrong and was told by my crew that the rule was definitely discussed at the meeting. On a side note Chris i was one of those mods that got an extra practice, but i need all the practice i can get bud. hahaha

Tommy 22 Mod

dynamite
06-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Tom, it still does'nt state anywhere in rules for chargers that you are done for the night. rules meetings were on Jan-31, they had 3 months to change the rules, or hand out a a sheet at the 1st practice of the year, still they didn,t. they want to go by the rules that they written up over the winter, then they have to abide by the rules, not here say. anybody can say anything at the meetings but if its not in writing then how can you go by all the other rules that are in there. dennis from oval speed never heard or saw anything written up about "done for the night " so if anybody can show me in rules that statement,i'll retrack my statement, they might have it in mod rules but i didn't read those rules. so greg they also stated no extra practice laps this year again don't see it in the overall rules , so need i say more!!!!! maggio picks and chooses who he wants to mess with to see if they would go overboard so he can get the THRILL OF THROWING THEM OUT.

kleilamotorsports
06-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Dan,
And you want to know why my car stayes at home

Racer18
06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Dan,

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your last statement!!