PDA

View Full Version : No tour race this week

limodmaniac
06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
No Whelen Tour Race this weekend, so what do the drivers do with all this spare time.

Rumor has it Ryan Preece, winner of the first annual Slick Track race last October is dusting off his go kart skills and will be taking a ride down to LongIsland where he will showcase his driving skills by driving some kids who still can't reach the gas pedal and giving them a memory to last a lifetime. Rumor also has it that it might be a two car team, as Eric Goodale is rumored to be coming along for the Monday afternoon fun.

modfan4ever
06-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Ryan is a good guy.I like what he does for the fans and kids for the sport of auto racing , Hope my youngest son turns out like him and other drivers I know...caring for other people..:)

BigMac
06-16-2010, 06:59 AM
I hope the off weekend makes for a good turnout at Thompson tomorrow for the MRS race. It sounds like at least a handful of WMT drivers will be on hand.

gomodsgo
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Um, there is the MRS show at Thompson on Thursday.
Spencer Speedway ROC race on Friday.
Dunn Tire Raceway Park ROC race on Sat.
Hope that everyone finds some form of modified racing this weekend.

limodmaniac
06-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Big Thanks to Ryan Preece for coming all the way down from Connecticut to race go karts with a bunch of 4th graders. Ryan gave some of the kids the time of their life. He even spun out one kart who was trying the old blocking move.

Not to brag but I did come out on top a few races. One was worth the price of admission as Ryan and I had quite the race going. Coming up on a group of karts I managed to use all the skill I have to make a great inside pass, only to have Ryan get by me again. Not to be outdone, I got pass Ryan on another corner. The kids were just holding on for dear life!

The kids are going to have a lot of people to cheer for when the tour comes to Riverhead.