PDA

View Full Version : A meesage from the captain

CAPTAIN
06-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I e-mail joe before the last race. I told him that i thought i would stay off the boards and leave well enough alone. Needless to say, i check the boards and a few select people want to bash me, some people that do not even have a clue. They are out in right field with a bowling ball!!! I am now going to address each person. Remember, this is my opinion on the facts that happened.

First of all, the track. It was done well, alittle slick in the beginning, but came around well. Running a few extra laps made for a better begining.

Jon haegele. I did not care if mike hires got dq'd at new egypt, i was there to support shon elk. Hires was declared illeagle by mark naftzinger, ( he techs at big diamond ), and was over turned by slim. End of story. What bothers me is mike hires and pat hires in the tech area telling both tech guys that his car did not even come with a 350, it came with a 305. Just uttering that statement should have been grounds for dq. Hires won. Thats it!!!

Steve haegele. You are right i do have alot of balls!!! Do you even know what happened??? Watch the video. I was low in four. I was down on motor, i could flat foot it through the turns. Did you even see the 312, or the 321 barrell ass through the corner and push me into hires. I guess not huh??? Yes i hit hires and took him out, but i had help. Were you in the pits when i went over to hires pits, surrounded by 8 of his pit guys trying too apoligize to mike hires and ended up in a shouting match because they did not want to talk about it??? It takes balls to stand up and even put myself in that position. I could have just packed up and said to hell with them, but i did not.

Gutter7, i was not driving the 70 at the last big diamond race. It was my brother because i totaled his car at grandview, (thanks kenny ).

Kulik, where do i begin with you. You stated that you did not cut down on me. But neetspectator was nice enough to show us all the video, and even slowed it down in slow motion. I saw my car heading toward the guard rail, watch the video and look at the rear of my car, where was i suppost to go???? In the begining of the race, i guess you forgot that you cut me down in turn three. You were all over the place. Please think before you speak. You said you did not cut me, but you were proven wrong. I was two pit stalls away from where you pitted. You got something to say then say it at the track. I am not hard to find. You also proven my point by apoligizing to everyone here for you driving. As for class, i got it all!!!

Joe neets, you are right, it was a racing incident. It was a good race and the weather was great too, keep up the good work.

Uncle peety, i have no beef with you!!!

Ok, i know and you all know that i am a aggressive driver, i do what i need to do to get the job done, but when i get accused for something, you know i will defend it. When my car got totaled, i did not cry that the orange nova #8 hit me. I went home and did what i had to do. I wasn't happy about it, but i did not pick on the driver for something that was out of his control, (track conditions), We are all involved in racing incidents every now and then. Just deal with it and move on.

That's it. I am out!!!

Danger83Ranger
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
seriously people? i mean like seriously? this is enduro. let me repeat that...this is ENDURO'S!!!!! The object is to survive 100 laps. Contact is allowed, just not to the extreme. If I was wrecked and my truck got totaled, id look at it and say "sweet". You guys are out there dumping a crap load of time and money into something that was meant to be cheap fun. scaling, bigger motors, full cages, light wheels, and god knows what else! the big car class might as well be a factory stock class!!! the rules have been stretched waaaay too far to begin with, its just getting ridiculous. i dont see this much trouble on a saturday night in most weeks. what if there were 100 cars on the track, your chances of getting wrecked are damn near 100%. you all gonna cry about it when your car gets totaled and point fingers? probably

captain, you ran good, it WAS NOT a RACING incident, it was an ENDURO incident. nuff said

nscrchick
06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
If the track officials didn't see a problem then why even talk about it. They would take care of anyone getting out of hand. Track officials didn't so there is nothing more to say. Enough said. See ya in July.

miller78
06-16-2010, 04:22 PM
You guys are out there dumping a crap load of time and money into something that was meant to be cheap fun. scaling, bigger motors, full cages, light wheels, and god knows what else! the big car class might as well be a factory stock class!!! the rules have been stretched waaaay too far to begin with yea your right but u have to ..to run with them they set the bar so high that u have to i wish it was just gut and run but with only 40 cars u need speed to run good out there but hey i spent 1000 bucks in a motor and i over heat and blow a head gasket half way and the 61 running a junkyard motor finish 5th so maybe putting all the money in them ant worth it

Danger83Ranger
06-16-2010, 09:33 PM
good point aaron. i like the 4 cyl. im slow, and have a total of 800 dollars into my truck including the price of the truck, yet im still 8th in points. lol:lol:

Doug132
06-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't always agree with a lot of what The Captain has to say but I will comment on what he had to say about us... He is right! I (the 132) was 4 laps down just came out from getting a tire changed and had no business racing Mike, the #2, as hard as I did. I believe he was still on the lead lap. I came in way to hard and got into the back of him sending him around. He did a nice job of recovering! (I learned later from watching the video) As I pulled back onto the track the red flag came out and I saw him sitting on the front stretch all banged up and felt terrible. I pulled up next to him and apologized, expecting to get screamed at which I deserved. He was not happy!!! When we pulled away, I realized that I was broke and pulled to the infield. I then walked over to once again apoligize, and realized that there was more to this... Again, The Captain is right, the 312 did get into the back of him sending him into Mike. Now, I may be wrong here, but... the damage to the 312 is all above the bumper (rad support and hood) which would usually show that both cars were in the brakes... he said the 70 brake checked (probably because the 2 was slowed and tring to get back up to speed) and Drew (the 312) hit the brakes too, but it was too late, causing him to get into the 70 and putting him into the 2. Yes, a Racing Incident... on all three drivers part that ultimately took out Mike... All of which started by me going in a little to hard!
I try to race clean, and expect the same from everyone else. I know that working on your car week after week sucks and certainly don't wish a broken ride on anybody!
Once again, I apologize.... :cheers::cheers:

miller78
06-17-2010, 10:47 PM
im sorry to the 312 i was behind him going into 3 he got into the 2 then he checked up got a lil sideways and i sent him around i had no where to go and the 76 was on my outside looked like a bunch cars going for the same spot in 3 on the video lol

Steve Haegele
06-18-2010, 10:58 AM
[/QUOTE]
I guess we wont have to worry about Hires winning this up coming race, I guess what comes around goes around!!! Sorry for your luck Mike !!! Thats the quote that made me respond to your post , I thought thats kinda like kicking a guy when hes down, thus where I got the big ball theory from. Good luck to all the neets guys headed to NES.

CAPTAIN
06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
That quote was made because i went to hires pit to apoligize for something that was not my fault, not totally. Mike and pat were understandably upset, i tried to reason with them and there was no talking to him. He got me that mad that i said, and i quote, " i'm glad your car got totaled, now get that piece of sh it back to new jersey". I did say that but i was in the heat of a verbal battle. Like i said there was no talking to any of them. Thats why it was said.

mcstockcar
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I wouldnt even bother explaining anything. Carma always figures in somewhere. Just go about your racing. Your out there having fun(at least trying to) Sometimes its just not worth the aggravation.

CJfilms
06-19-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm not going to close the thread down and play mother goose here...despite the jokes that will come out for me calling myself mother goose...

First off....The Captain...
He emailed me and said just that...that he was not going to get into things online. He stood by his word long enough, but everyone has a breaking point. We stated it to be a racing incident and he still got called out for it...he stood up for himself in a professional manner without bashing everyone and cursing....heck, he even took caps lock off!

Second...the #2-#70 incident.
As Captain stated, he tried to apologize...On Doug's login, Drew (#312) has admitted he was too involved and apologizes.... The incident is over....the apologies have been made public...

Third....I don't know why I'm writing out my numbered list...but anyways...

Fourth...the next race...
At the next race, we will be "reminding" everyone that we are half way through the season....already....and that this is going to be a 1.5x points race. We want to see lean racing from everyone. Things will happen, but let's keep the incidents to racing/enduro incidents and not intentional.

IT IS AN ENDURO....contact is permitted to an extent, but is you are tearing apart other people's tires and wrecking everyone you get next to....you are getting black flagged.

One good thing about this season is the 40 car count has been mainly the same people....meaning I don't (AND WON'T) have to keep reminding people about rough driving...

The officials will be watching for rough driving as much as we always do....the forums allow us to observe what we do not see happen in front of us. By reading these forums, I learn who talks to who after the race...in the infield...who argues off-track.....at other tracks... I keep this knowledge in mind when I'm watching two competitors race each other extra hard side-by-side....this way I know if I can watch them and enjoy the action or if I have to moderate it until one of them spins the other....

One last thing... Everyone is doing an AMAZING job this year!!! On track and off track! As usual, the NEETS forums are clean and professional. The racing this whole season, thus far, has been intense and for the most part problem free.

Thank you all! You, the drivers, make NEETS possible!

richardpetey
06-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey Joe! Quit your daytime job and write a book........................:rolleyes:
Maybe it will cut down on these rambling forum dissertations..............:confused:
How about an enduro "war and peace" literary masterpiece.........................:help:
A best seller for sure, hehe.........................:D
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
06-19-2010, 10:59 PM
HI JOE! :wave:

I just wanted to say hi...

NeetsSpectator
06-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I just wanted to say hi...

I bet you are!

CJfilms
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I'd love to do that Petey!!!

The "quit my job" part that is!

Anyone hiring? Anyone in construction want to flip houses? :applause::help::applause:

ThePill
06-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I've never tried flipping one of those before....