PDA

View Full Version : What a class act

Hollywood
06-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Dont get me wrong... That 6 is fast and he is a good shoe... BUT what a class-less act at the end of the race... Frankly, if I sponsored that car my name would be off it TONIGHT.. I've seen and been in the fights in the pits for whatever reasons but that was a useless and ridiculous reaction just to spit in the officials faces...... What about the fans? I was in the parking lot for quite some time today and helped a lot of new people find there way to the right entrance.. Many young children excited to "see their first race" I'm ashamed... ashamed..........JMHO

rrealto
06-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Can you share what he did for those who were not there?? thanks

Hollywood
06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
After being set back in the Legends race earlier, he stomped the field in the feature of the Modified race, went to the shack between 3 and 4 and got out of his car and took off his fire suit and shoes and threw the fire suit over the fence to the officials.

RacinRob
06-19-2010, 11:15 PM
After being set back in the Legends race earlier, he stomped the field in the feature of the Modified race, went to the shack between 3 and 4 and got out of his car and took off his fire suit and shoes and threw the fire suit over the fence to the officials.

the reason he did this was not to spite the officials....to clarify your accusations. He did this because there has been "rumors" that he has a traction control in his firesuit or shoes. So he too them off to let people see this is not true. I found it funny as did many other people. It's not like he was in his underwear!!! No big deal lets not blow it out of proportion now.

Hollywood
06-19-2010, 11:25 PM
OK Consider me wrong I just thought it was uncalled for.... I know nothing about the Traction control accusation.... he still can drive..... but isn't it still a smack at the officials then? Just asking...

hollywoodmic
06-19-2010, 11:40 PM
He was stopped up in the corner for such a long time they needed a wrecker to push him. Or so they thought. He got out of the car and the firesuit was already unzippered. Perhaps he took the traction control out before removing the firesuit. You never know?? Make the scene about the firesuit on the fence not about what may have been dropped on the floor of the racecar.

If I was Tommy why wouldn't I show up the officials or the racetrack...........he had a "lifetime ban"......... for four races, lol. Why shouldn't he do things like that on the racetrack???? He really doesn't get in trouble for it. As Joe Bertuccio said many years ago, " You aint cheating until you get caught" so catch him or protest him, otherwise let him keep winning.

As for the BS he pulled after the race I'm with Hollywood, what was the reason for it?? I thought he looked immature. Reacting to the "rumors" almost makes him look guilty. I guess that's Tommy being Tommy.

Steve Halpin

Hollywood
06-20-2010, 12:20 AM
my point exactly Steve.. Tommy should just shut up and drive... Prove everyone wrong... Theres big power and a great set-up in the car...The childhood stuff should stay in the school yard....Not a very good sight for the New-comers to the track or for the young people... What are you showing the young drivers, who are the future.............

67stang
06-20-2010, 12:39 AM
wah wah wah........some people will complain about the stripes on a zebra, Tom had a great run and has NOT been out of the top 3 spots in the last 6 races (3wins,2 seconds, and a third) OH he's cheating is the rumor, maybe it is the policing of tire softening in the modifieds and not so much that he's cheating!!! just food for thought?

hollywoodmic
06-20-2010, 12:57 AM
This isn't about his run tonight or if he's cheating............Tommy's the one that brought all of that up by making a scene that's all Harold was talking about. Why the scene??? Just keep winning. If you're cheating they'll catch you. If you're not, it'll piss them off that you're just that good.

mbgolfer
06-20-2010, 09:28 AM

Fore: Come on Steve, stomped the field, he better win from the pole!!!!

hollywoodmic
06-20-2010, 11:06 AM
mb I didn't write that it was Hollywood (Harold) not Hollywoodmic.

Turn2Guru
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
I guess it is true, noone likes a winner. It is a shame that when certain teams figure out their car and are able to finish up front each week "they must be cheating." Donny Lia came to Riverhead and drove a strange car for the first time and came from 12th, yes he was slated 16th but with cars that elected to go to the back he acctually started 12th, and drove to the front he was a HERO, and people are still talking about the race two weeks later on how he DOMINATED and noone has seen a driver do that in a long time. Why aren't you naysayers on here saying Donny was cheating? He did the same thing Tommy is doing. When Chucky comes through the field there are several posts on how he put on a clinic, Timmy Solomito has a good run and nothing but praise and good wishes. Noone on here claming Traction Control illegal this or that, WHY? Why when Tommy does good is everyone mad at that? Tommy is one of the best drivers that Riverhead has ever seen and you should be proud of that, he won two Championships in Figure Eights, one in the Late Models and one in the Modifieds. He is a multiple champ why shouldn't he do well? I would be concerned if he didn't do well. To address the issue on the track last night, the officials have been trying to find anything out of the ordinary with Tom's car that would give him an edge. It was joked about by the officials to him that he probably has traction control sewn into his firesuit and his next visit to Victory lane they want his suit too. Tommy told them next time he wins he will give it to them on the track so they can't say he had time to remove it. It wasn't done to piss anyone off, it wasn't an unclassy act, it was a jesture of humor between the two parties involved and a way of saying here you go, check everything. But all the anti Tommy fans can hate him if you want but there is nothing illegal about his car, nothing different he is doing that he hasn't done for years. It is just a good combination of Driver, Car, Sponsors and Crew. Also people let's not start the game again that if I was his sponsor I would be off that car, and how your kids were so shocked and you were ashamed. It is racing and alot of things go on behind the scenes that you have no idea about. Tommy is not a demon spawn like alot of you try to make him out to be. He has had his moments of frustration as has everyone else out there, and both Tommy and the Officials have talked and understand what each other expects. He is doing very well, he has not been caught cheating in 6 consecutive visits to tech., but I guess you will just say, they just haven't found it yet. It's a shame you all are so one sided, Tommy W. dominates the Blunderbusts for years, Roger Maynor Owned the Figure Eights for years, Kevin Metzger finishes up front each week in the Late Models, why aren't you all on here saying they are cheating? If you don't like Tommy then don't root for him that's fine, just don't come onto a public forum and make false accusations about how he had time to remove the traction control before getting out of the car. Tommy sat there for awhile because you have to get out of a 6 point harness, head and neck restraints, helmet, probably had a drink, put on his hat and climbed out. If you are sure about him cheating put up the money, Tommy has offered the officials to follow him from the track to his shop and they would strip the car down to the frame to prove nothing is illegal. They declined. So accept the fact that Tommy and his crew are just that good and move on. Don't waste your time on here trying as a last ditch effort to get his sponsors to drop him, or get others to hate him. He is a great driver and the only way to slow that car down is put someone else in it's seat. Anything he gets in he drives to the front, be happy he puts on a show for you each week. I think this whole rediculous post should be deleted, nothing adding to the betterment of racing, just some upset fans making accusations because their drivers got beat again, what a class act...

fisherman
06-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I guess it is true, noone likes a winner. It is a shame that when certain teams figure out their car and are able to finish up front each week "they must be cheating." Donny Lia came to Riverhead and drove a strange car for the first time and came from 12th, yes he was slated 16th but with cars that elected to go to the back he acctually started 12th, and drove to the front he was a HERO, and people are still talking about the race two weeks later on how he DOMINATED and noone has seen a driver do that in a long time. Why aren't you naysayers on here saying Donny was cheating? He did the same thing Tommy is doing. When Chucky comes through the field there are several posts on how he put on a clinic, Timmy Solomito has a good run and nothing but praise and good wishes. Noone on here claming Traction Control illegal this or that, WHY? Why when Tommy does good is everyone mad at that? Tommy is one of the best drivers that Riverhead has ever seen and you should be proud of that, he won two Championships in Figure Eights, one in the Late Models and one in the Modifieds. He is a multiple champ why shouldn't he do well? I would be concerned if he didn't do well. To address the issue on the track last night, the officials have been trying to find anything out of the ordinary with Tom's car that would give him an edge. It was joked about by the officials to him that he probably has traction control sewn into his firesuit and his next visit to Victory lane they want his suit too. Tommy told them next time he wins he will give it to them on the track so they can't say he had time to remove it. It wasn't done to piss anyone off, it wasn't an unclassy act, it was a jesture of humor between the two parties involved and a way of saying here you go, check everything. But all the anti Tommy fans can hate him if you want but there is nothing illegal about his car, nothing different he is doing that he hasn't done for years. It is just a good combination of Driver, Car, Sponsors and Crew. Also people let's not start the game again that if I was his sponsor I would be off that car, and how your kids were so shocked and you were ashamed. It is racing and alot of things go on behind the scenes that you have no idea about. Tommy is not a demon spawn like alot of you try to make him out to be. He has had his moments of frustration as has everyone else out there, and both Tommy and the Officials have talked and understand what each other expects. He is doing very well, he has not been caught cheating in 6 consecutive visits to tech., but I guess you will just say, they just haven't found it yet. It's a shame you all are so one sided, Tommy W. dominates the Blunderbusts for years, Roger Maynor Owned the Figure Eights for years, Kevin Metzger finishes up front each week in the Late Models, why aren't you all on here saying they are cheating? If you don't like Tommy then don't root for him that's fine, just don't come onto a public forum and make false accusations about how he had time to remove the traction control before getting out of the car. Tommy sat there for awhile because you have to get out of a 6 point harness, head and neck restraints, helmet, probably had a drink, put on his hat and climbed out. If you are sure about him cheating put up the money, Tommy has offered the officials to follow him from the track to his shop and they would strip the car down to the frame to prove nothing is illegal. They declined. So accept the fact that Tommy and his crew are just that good and move on. Don't waste your time on here trying as a last ditch effort to get his sponsors to drop him, or get others to hate him. He is a great driver and the only way to slow that car down is put someone else in it's seat. Anything he gets in he drives to the front, be happy he puts on a show for you each week. I think this whole rediculous post should be deleted, nothing adding to the betterment of racing, just some upset fans making accusations because their drivers got beat again, what a class act...

GREAT WORDS WAY TO GO TOMMY. hey next they,ll want his dna to ck

mbgolfer
06-20-2010, 01:42 PM
mb I didn't write that it was Hollywood (Harold) not Hollywoodmic.

sorry, needed to read more carefully

67stang
06-20-2010, 02:07 PM
well said turn2guru and w.j.! oh and TOM you had yet another great run!! hope you and your crew keep this going.:):lol::lol::lol::):cool::cool::cool:<------ that's the crew:wave:

Hollywood
06-20-2010, 02:26 PM
EVERYONE!! LISTEN PLEASE..... I am not taking ANYTHING from Tommy... That car is hooked up AND the three wide move out of 2 was a FABULOUS move... You are missing my point! It's simple.. He shouldn't have done what he did in turn 3-4 after the race... That's all I'm saying.. I am not a "Tommy Hater", quite the contrary... HE CAN WHEEL THAT CAR! I just thought it was bush league for the new people that came to the track, that I KNOW were there, and not real classy for the young children sitting in the stands... So please stop saying I'm crying... I love the thought that he is that good and no one can catch him . Everyone better pick up their game........ :applause::applause:

Hollywood
06-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Turn2 What the fans don't know is the exact thing you say... They don't know what goes on in the pits or behind the scenes.... all they see is a driver taking his fire suit off..I'm in the pits every week and know a lot of drivers and no one ever said anything about Tom having TC in his fire suit...OR that the officials said (kiddingly) that they would check his suit. So my knee-jerk reaction was to say what a classless act it was.. I'm the first one to have fun believe me.... If I knew that it was done in fun I would have laughed and left it alone.... Enuff said.... I'm not defending myself anymore.... Go get em Tommy!
PS My favorite driver is not driving right now so please don't say I'm upset because my driver is being beat....:applause::applause:

hollywoodmic
06-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I have to laugh...........the only person that brought up Traction Control was Tommy Rogers in Victory Lane. Brian my comment was a little tounge and cheek about him sitting in between 3 and 4. I should've put an lol or something after that. Oh by the way I've seen Tommy unstrap from a racecar and climb a fence faster than he took his firesuit off in between 3 and 4 on Saturday Night. LOL again tounge and cheek.

My point was and my point is if he's cheating good for him, they can't catch him. If he's not cheating good for him he's doing a great job. WJ funny that 3 other cars went over the scales that night and were legal. Only Tommy's car had a problem, so there must be some bad tech at the scales.

Tommy's having a great year. One thing I will never take away from him is that boy can drive. I don't root for him, correct but he is a great watch.

As for putting stuff on a public forum????? Isn't that what this forum is for??? So we can come on and state our opinions??

All this post was about was about the way Tommy looked by doing what he did. Now we are privey to the same information you had Brian, no one knew it was joke. He never said it was a joke in Victory Lane either. So from first view it looked pretty immature, and class less.

Golf Guy
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I think it is just with guys named Tommy. Tommy Rogers, Tommy Walkowiak, Hmmm. Or it could be cars that were sponsored by Unique Golf (had to throw a plug out, LOL).
It's the nature with racing. A guy starts to dominate and he must be cheating. It even happens on the cup level, how many of you have said Jimmie Johnson must be cheating?
Me personally, it's John, Helmut and George that are the real brains beyind the operation.

Turn2Guru
06-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Steve, I understand what Public forums are for, but last time people started with the rumors of what happened at the track not knowing the whole story people did lose sponsors because alot of them do read this forum. All I ment was if you don't know why something is being done ask on the forum before you jump on saying how terrible something was and how sponsors should get off that car. It is hard enough to get sponsors today without innocent things being blown out of proportion. As for the scales, when Tommy was DQ'd, yes others did go over the scales that was where the problem occured. As the car before Tommy left the scales the left rear tire lifted the scale up and it fell and was hung up on the angle iron so it was ****-eyed. Tommy and his crew told the officials so they moved Tommy back and they adjusted the front scale pad not the rear and waved him back on the scales. they weighed him three times and got different readings each time. 100lbs. light on the left rear doesn't help you race to the front. But no scene was made, they accepted the DQ and vowed to come back each week 100% and get it done. Tommy does do a great job out there, he is willing to help anyone who needs it. He has helped alot more drivers get their cars better than almost anyone in the pits, and still when he wins people have to scream cheating. I could see if he was a terrible driver and all of a sudden started to dominate, but Tommy has run up front in everything he has ever driven. If finishing up front every week makes you a cheater then he is in some pretty great company of cheaters through out history. Noone has to like him, just accept the fact that over his career he has figured Riverhed Raceway out.

Tommyj16
06-21-2010, 04:00 PM
after tommy won 2 in a row the offls. check is whole entire electrical system and found nothing wrong I have know tommy a long time he dosn't need traction control i just think his old out dated car is beating up those new up to date cars and they can't figure it out. well I have tommy is a great driver and thats all there is to it. just think if he did not get a dq for weight in week 2 or 3

Hollywood
06-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Tommyj, I agree. A Great shoe and old cars can get it done.... My old car is at Bowman Gray and running GREAT! Good HP, a good shoe and a good team is all you need...It's not that easy to put together, but thats what you need...We did pretty good with a small motor, and a great driver and great team... I almost miss it enuff to get back in it..... I did say ALMOST! LOL.... Right now My old Kart is better then my new one.... bent and welded it still gets it done!

JBonsignore
06-21-2010, 10:29 PM
not everyone is on a NEW car, my old car ran pretty good with Tommy!

Either way congrats to him and his guys!

hollywoodmic
06-21-2010, 10:39 PM
That's not that old of a car. That is the White Nickoloc Paving #5 that Frankie V drove about 4 years ago. That car is no dinosaur. It was Frank's 2006 car, it's only 4 years old.

Jaykwaz
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
The 8x is an OLD car. haha

maestri fan 1
06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't come out to the track much so i watch the videos on Petes site. That was histerical. Good job Tommy!!! :lol:

nitros77
06-22-2010, 11:15 PM
First off great job Tommy keep up the good work..troyer cars are pretty much never out dated as long as there not bent and you got a good setup in it you'll keep up and beat the biggest $$$ and best cars out there. been there done that lol..