PDA

View Full Version : What Really Happened???

ljnbooze
06-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Erin spun out.then what happened next is hard to believe. She spun around from turn 4 going the wrong way and shot across the track into turn 3 and blasted Tom Anderson who was leading the race. Toms car was demolished and he didn't get the win. It will be extremly expensive to fix. When I asked the official what happened I was told she wanted to spin around to get back on the track. That her breaks failed and her throttle linkage froze open.....thus causing her to go against traffic and causing the damage to Andersons car. She as well as Tom are extremly lucky not to be hurt. Just wondering what really happened?

RGeeProductions
06-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Why not give Erin a call for the answer? Not sure how anyone here would know that answer but her.

daracer10
06-19-2010, 11:54 PM
No Brakes??? stuck throttle??? and wheel stuck to go across the track going opposite direction???? what are the chances of that???? jeez...........

nascar071
06-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Sitting in the stands in turn 3 , it scared the crap out of me!

SlickRick
06-20-2010, 08:57 AM
What happened is that Erin was allowed to drive.
Lucky she did not kill amybody.

Turbo
06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I think its something that could have been avoided or handled differently. Whether it was getting mad and just wingin the car around and caused it to have these problems, resulting in a scary scene. I know she had to have spun in turn 4, I think the right move would have been to enter the track where she spun and not go backwards to the infield and try to spin the car around the way it happened. Im glad everyone is ok and feel so bad for Tom Anderson because that was his race. Go get em next week Tom!

PS: it was great to see mike cappiello back, he is a great guy! He came over like a real official would before the race to make sure stuff wouldnt happen between racers that night. Thats what these officials are suppose to do and I respect him for that. As for the other official there, after hearing what he told tom anderson and my cousin on the incident that night.. i just have no words for him. Its just a real shame :disgusted

number1fan9688
06-20-2010, 11:39 AM
you can clearly see where she originally spun out in my pictures from the race. then somehow she ended up all the way over in turn 3? yes maybe she didnt do it on purpose, and yes maybe she gets unnecessarily beat up every week. i keep my fingers crossed for her every week, and she has definitely improved tremendously over the past few years! But her control over her car in this particular instance was poor, and could have definitely been avoided...

Ace
06-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Tom Anderson and I went over to Mike C and Jim M to see what they thought about the incident.

Jim Maggio says " TOO BAD FOR YOU TOM BUT SHE SHOULD'VE WRECKED THE GUY THAT WRECKED HER"

I said to him who wrecked her? He then must've noticed the 81 on my shirt and didnt answer.

Again I asked, who wrecked her?

I never did get an answer from him to who she SHOULD'VE WRECKED.

UN EFFIN REAL

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MSK27
06-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Perfect.An official encouraging on track retaliation.:confused:

Turbo
06-20-2010, 12:37 PM
here is the video of the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH2-6Iso9-c

number1fan9688
06-20-2010, 12:58 PM
CLEARLY spun out on her own...

Teds Race Tours
06-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Well, that pretty well clears up the 1st part of the question.

By the video, a good 8-9 seconds run off from the time she spins, and the time of contact with the 23 car.

Ka$h25
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I can't even come up with an opinion.

Golf Guy
06-22-2010, 11:17 AM
This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I can't even come up with an opinion.

I was thinking the same exact thing?

Hollywood
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
should we call it a "whoops" didn't mean it?:-B

WEEZER
06-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Like RGEE said, the best thing to do is ask her, I watched pit bulls video numerous times and yes it is confusing. LJBOOZE said she blasted the leader when really her car steered right towards the wall not at the leader, I would think if she wanted to blast the guy she would have driven into him and in the SPT forum booze compliments her on a good run? I would think if she's a good driver she would know who's around her and that the leader was'nt so why would she want to wreck the leader?? JMO and I was'nt driving the car but it seems more like a bad deal, but like turbo said thankfully nobody was hurt.

iamaranger
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
every time i watch it, i convince myself something different happened....

allhailunc
06-23-2010, 05:33 AM
every time i watch it, i convince myself something different happened....

I've watched the video three times and i find it inconclusive.one question i do pose,though,is if the throttle did indeed stick why wasn't the car into the wall area sooner?The video goes from the spin back to the lead so the actions of the car in question are not visible on the video until after the fact.Bearing that in mind i think,according to the video,the jury is out to lunch

Shades of Harlin vs Zwickel:lol:

Fkraft99
06-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Looks pretty clear to me. 95 squeezes the 81 into the outside wall. 81 holds his line they make contact and the 95 loses control and spins. Now upset she jumps back in the throttle he car breaks loose a little, she over corrects it into traffic and junks the leader. Any other excuse or "part failure" is just untrue. My Dad and Mike Capiello both went down to the 95 directly after the race and both the brakes and throttle were working fine. And if you watch the video they seemed to work fine just before she hits the wall. I do not think it was intentional by any means, just think it was a case of an angry driver and poor car control. Just feel bad for Tom Anderson, He has really been working hard, with very limited help to get a win. Shame it was taken away over a temper tantrum.

Hopefully he can get the car back together soon and get back out there.

dynamite
06-23-2010, 10:41 AM
yea after watching pit bulls version, she steps on it wheels spinning, then the wheels stop spinning, maybe 10 feet after and she's cruising looking for somebody to smash,going in the wrong derection, had plenty of time to turn right and go into the infield, but basicity using her car as a weapon was definately looking for somebody to destroy,and don't tell me oh she's a girl, she handles that car and the truck pretty good what driving for the last 3 years in a mans world. videos don't lie, watch the wheels,no rocks, no dirt, no nothing coming from them. maggio has his work cut out on this one, he better step up to the plate, and also a driver gets out of car in the blunderbust and fronts another dr on the track after the race!!!!!!!!!!!! i get 3 weeks for yelling, so how can any of the drs in the class trust her if she spins again,and does it again maybe this time sending somebody to the hospital seriously hurt driving the wrong way looking for a head on wow. maggio is or should be on a short leash as he was already caught in a lie,then saying she crashed the wrong driver in front of mike cap and tom anderson the driver she totaled and with another creditable witness standing right next to them. how can we respect him as drivers. the mods are out of control ,crashing each other in the wall, dr going into another pit area chaseing the dr trying to beat him up, oh man,and no suspension, i wish i could do that and get away with it. dan turbush

ljnbooze
06-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Yes after looking at the videos she did go up on the track and basically Tom could not avoid her. Its a shame that she has been doing well in the SPT. From my view it looked like she would have been able to turn into the infield. But didn't, hope what ever the reason, she will learn from what happened. I was really curious to what the story was. Many wrong things were related to me.... and Rgee had it best ....ask her.

smiley27414
06-23-2010, 11:23 PM
how about someone goes and speaks to erin bout what happened? has anyone gotten her story?????????

fisherman
06-24-2010, 05:45 AM
move on its over :wave:

catfish
06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
smiley, maybe they have(i would really hope they did) but truthfully it really is no ones business here on the Jam as it should be between them what was discussed.

Richie25
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
LaFilms view

http://myracenews.com/files/1/3/9/4/0/215315-204931/061910_CHARGERS.wmv

FERGBIZZ
06-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Yikes! What else can I say? "What the hell was that!?" Enough said.