PDA

View Full Version : New England 100 entry list

NWMT PR
06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Please click HERE (http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/4792) for the New England 100 entry list, as of today.

iamaranger
06-21-2010, 05:58 PM
no Kevin Goodale?

MOD11RACER
06-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't think the #70 of Andy Suess will be running @ the big track. The #05 and the #18 have been missing in action lately and no Burt Myers. It also looks like the #22 will be a start and park for the race. You are looking at about 34 total Mods for 38 starting spots. #The 98 that Kahne drives has been set up for the road race @ Lime Rock for Rudolph and will not be at Loudon.

MJProcko
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
who's in the 22?

RGeeProductions
06-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't think the #70 of Andy Suess will be running @ the big track. The #05 and the #18 have been missing in action lately and no Burt Myers. It also looks like the #22 will be a start and park for the race. You are looking at about 34 total Mods for 38 starting spots. #The 98 that Kahne drives has been set up for the road race @ Lime Rock for Rudolph and will not be at Loudon.

The #05 and the #18 WILL be running New Hampshire..... both have had no motors but they do now!!!!!

RaceMa
06-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Andy Seuss will be driving the white # 70

modfan4ever
06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Pretty bad when they can't fill the field at New Hampshire,I remember when they had over 60 mods show up for that show...

Tucknut
06-22-2010, 02:03 PM
New scheme on the 28 at Loudon.
http://www.tucknut.net/temp/photo4.jpg

MOD11RACER
06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
The #22 is the back up Mod for the #2 of Todd Szegedy.

Great news on the #05, #18 and the #70. Up to 37 confirmed entries.

RGee any word on the #50 of Goodale ?

limodmaniac
06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't quote me but perhaps busy at work and not enough time to get the car ready..

I suggested putting Matt Hirschman in the car and letting him get it ready in one day.

RGeeProductions
06-22-2010, 10:35 PM
The #22 is the back up Mod for the #2 of Todd Szegedy.

Great news on the #05, #18 and the #70. Up to 37 confirmed entries.

RGee any word on the #50 of Goodale ?

Not sure on Kevin Goodale.... some rumors have been said around that he may be backing out of modified racing. Nothing here to confirm or deny that fact. Maybe some news will come at Loudon.
The #05 and the #18 were loaded tonight into the trailer and ready to leave......

Howie
06-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Look for Doug Coby to be in Ralph Solhem's #0, not Tim Arre.

Gil
06-23-2010, 12:33 AM
MOD1Racer mentions 38 starting spots, what happened to starting 44 cars at Loudon?

:disgusted

MOD11RACER
06-23-2010, 03:18 PM
MOD1Racer mentions 38 starting spots, what happened to starting 44 cars at Loudon?

:disgusted

Just going by what's on the the entry blank.

shep 06
06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
No truth to rumor of Kev backing down. Unfortunely not enough crew to field 2 cars. Hard to get people to take time off work. So Kevin made the call to let Eric race.This the only race we will miss. Kevin will be there on Saturday to pit for 58.He will be at test at Limerock on Tuesday

RGeeProductions
06-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the update Bob...

GLC050
06-23-2010, 08:15 PM
In 2000 there was 73 entries , When will NASCAR see what they are doing to this GREAT AMERICAN RACE and division

SUfan
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Look for Doug Coby to be in Ralph Solhem's #0, not Tim Arre.

Rumor has it that Coby got quite the sponsorship deal to make it happen. Hope he gets some TV time.

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 02:48 AM
In 2000 there was 73 entries , When will NASCAR see what they are doing to this GREAT AMERICAN RACE and division

You can't complain about Nascar and either NH race really. Nascar has some work to do where the division is concerned but as far as these two races go, I think they have done pretty good. Super speedway race in front of more fans than almost any short track race in the country with a purse that would cover almost a half dozen races for any of the other Modified touring divisions and they are getting TV coverage too.... even if it is tape delayed. lack of cars are everywhere in short track racing, its the economy and a sign of the times. There are plenty of cars in the immediate area that won't be in attendance despite the fact they'd make as much just to start this race than they will for a top five in any other place they'd race their mod.

Who's_Harry?
06-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Um about 20 years ago there was live TV and the same purse for this race and for a while 4 races where held at this track so say what again?

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
again... considering the overall climate in racing today, THIS is not the race to be complaining about. I would say hosting another series at Thompson at roughly the same distance as the next WMT race except for around a 1/3 of the purse is much more detrimental to modified racing than anything going on at NH this weekend IMO.

limodmaniac
06-25-2010, 01:26 PM
And Coby did a pretty good job getting that 0 around in time trials.

MXCHAMP04
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
again... considering the overall climate in racing today, THIS is not the race to be complaining about. I would say hosting another series at Thompson at roughly the same distance as the next WMT race except for around a 1/3 of the purse is much more detrimental to modified racing than anything going on at NH this weekend IMO.And that "other series" cost a 1/3 of what it cost to run the WMT. BTW, put on a much better show than the follow the leader stuff at the ice breaker.

MJProcko
06-25-2010, 05:57 PM
And that "other series" cost a 1/3 of what it cost to run the WMT. BTW, put on a much better show than the follow the leader stuff at the ice breaker.

That's pretty cool, they bring all the wrecked cars from the 10+ cautions at Thompson back to Troyer, CD etc. and they only charge them a 1/3 of what they charge cars from the WMT... cool deal.

Looking over the list from last nights open race at Thompson it looks like the MRS regulars really went out of their way to support Don after the way he as stuck his neck out for them.

MXCHAMP04
06-25-2010, 08:44 PM
That's pretty cool, they bring all the wrecked cars from the 10+ cautions at Thompson back to Troyer, CD etc. and they only charge them a 1/3 of what they charge cars from the WMT... cool deal.

Looking over the list from last nights open race at Thompson it looks like the MRS regulars really went out of their way to support Don after the way he as stuck his neck out for them.5 WMT drivers, and 4 MRS drivers. Looks pretty even to me. And of the cars that were there for the WMT drivers, looks to me like they are the same cars that those drivers drive on the MRS series. Geez I was there for the MRS show, I didnt see any wrecked cars, was I at the right show?
Face it, the MRS is gaining momentum because its a series that the average person can almost afford to run, and the whelen tour is losing momentum because it's just too expensive for most people.

phillie
06-26-2010, 12:17 AM
:cool:maybe it's just me but I am happy I have a chance to watch so much modified racing!!!! Can't make it tomorrow but I will be following Denise's live update which is another awesome product of the Chrome Horn!

MJProcko
06-26-2010, 02:07 AM
5 WMT drivers, and 4 MRS drivers. Looks pretty even to me. And of the cars that were there for the WMT drivers, looks to me like they are the same cars that those drivers drive on the MRS series. Geez I was there for the MRS show, I didnt see any wrecked cars, was I at the right show?
Face it, the MRS is gaining momentum because its a series that the average person can almost afford to run, and the whelen tour is losing momentum because it's just too expensive for most people.

5 top name WMT drivers who were at NH in the afternoon qualifying for a very big race this Saturday, while other than the Perry's, I'm not sure who the other "full time" MRS drivers that you are talking about. There is no MRS race this weekend so what are their excuse for not supporting Don. If I was Jack I'd have had that 17 car at the track with a big "Thank You Don" on the rear panel.

MXCHAMP04
06-26-2010, 09:01 AM
5 top name WMT drivers who were at NH in the afternoon qualifying for a very big race this Saturday, while other than the Perry's, I'm not sure who the other "full time" MRS drivers that you are talking about. There is no MRS race this weekend so what are their excuse for not supporting Don. If I was Jack I'd have had that 17 car at the track with a big "Thank You Don" on the rear panel.

Unfortuately, if youre running for a championship, it just wasnt worth it to race the open show. I saw the payouts, and it just wasnt worth it to show up. Modified racing is a money loser, so why go there to race for just money, only to lose money.
There were the Perry's who are full timers, and Reed, and Mechalides who were full timers, but have cut back to part timers.

wmass01013
06-26-2010, 11:21 AM

Thank you to Don for WHAT??
for dropping 2 WMT races and adding 2 MRS races because of the PRICE, Thompson charges more for front and back gate than any other track and people have to THANK HIM for making HIM MONEY?
This my series is better than your series is dumb, they are ALL MODIFIEDS, and not too many guys from ANY series support open comp races in this day period.
I was at the first 4 WMT races and belive me no one should be proud of Martinsville!
LETS SUPPORT ANY MOD RACE, wherhter WMT, MRS OR ROC OR OPEN AND hope we have a great race.

Gil
06-26-2010, 12:33 PM
The last I checked TIS is still cheaper than a MLB game and you get a bit more action at TIS!

:applause:

MJProcko
06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Unfortuately, if youre running for a championship, it just wasnt worth it to race the open show. I saw the payouts, and it just wasnt worth it to show up. Modified racing is a money loser, so why go there to race for just money, only to lose money.
There were the Perry's who are full timers, and Reed, and Mechalides who were full timers, but have cut back to part timers.

According to the payout structure on the Thompson webpage it paid $2500 to win 40 laps.... How much did the MRS race there pay? I can't see how the MRS guys wouldn't show up for a 40 lap race that pays as much or more than a MRS race.

wmass, I wasn't saying thank him for dropping the 2 WMT races. I was saying that Jack is the one who should thank Don for putting his series at the track and money in Jack's pocket. Instead he didn't he bother to show.

MXCHAMP04
06-27-2010, 09:12 AM
According to the payout structure on the Thompson webpage it paid $2500 to win 40 laps.... How much did the MRS race there pay? I can't see how the MRS guys wouldn't show up for a 40 lap race that pays as much or more than a MRS race.

wmass, I wasn't saying thank him for dropping the 2 WMT races. I was saying that Jack is the one who should thank Don for putting his series at the track and money in Jack's pocket. Instead he didn't he bother to show.If it was $2500.00 to win, i'm surprised more people didn't show up. I can tell you that the payouts that I saw were not nearly that for the win. I could have been misinformed.

Jaws
06-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Wasn't there hefty lap money too?