PDA

View Full Version : Get rit of the redraw

mbgolfer
06-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Never was a fan of the redraw, after time trials. What is the sense of having the time trials.:confused:

RPMcGrellis414
06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I think its to have the faster cars in the front but still add the element of competition, if the fastest car gets the pole you know he's just gonna stay up there the whole race...at least with the re-draw, HOPEFULLY someone will pass someone and make it a little interesting

mbgolfer
06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I think its to have the faster cars in the front but still add the element of competition, if the fastest car gets the pole you know he's just gonna stay up there the whole race...at least with the re-draw, HOPEFULLY someone will pass someone and make it a little interesting

Not always, if it isn't an impound race,not always does the fastest car win. Time trial set up is different then race set up.

racecar24
06-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I definitely agree. In real racing the quickest time starts first and there's no argument. Riverhead should make a change.

night gent
06-24-2010, 02:05 PM
I definitely agree. In real racing the quickest time starts first and there's no argument. Riverhead should make a change.

I think one of the problems is the length of the race. Short races (less than say 75 laps) do not allow enough time for mid pack slower qualifiers to catch up. Even a highly skilled driver with a slower car would find it almost impossible to get to the front in a 35 lapper. Redraws definitely help the "excitement" factor. The promoters of tracks who implement redraws do not want the fastest cars leading from start to finish every week, running away with the races although it probably isn't fair to the fastest qualifiers. Entertainment is the name of the game, not fairness!

Ace
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Tonight at Bowman Gray for the 100 lap race THE ENTIRE field of 21 cars REDREW for starting spots after time trials. WOW

Teds Race Tours
07-11-2010, 12:48 AM
I seem to remember an All Star 300/250/200 at Islip where the entire field redrew for starting position. late 70's early 80's.

RACENUT
07-11-2010, 02:47 PM
i like the redraw, who wants to see the fastest car start on the pole and run away with the race, boring