PDA

View Full Version : New England 100

Jaws
06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Well, the race weekend is here, good luck to all the drivers and crews. Weather looks great see you all there. I will be up in the stands with the kids and leaving with LImodmaniac after the mod race is over...lol

hollywoodmic
06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
If the info I got was correct wait until you see Kevin "Bono" Manion's # 7ny, with Ryan Newman behind the wheel. It's supposed to have a new paint scheme. They now have sponsorship from Menards, so you can imagine.

Bob T. Racer
06-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Do you think it will be yellow like the old mans back in the day?

hollywoodmic
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I know it was going to be that bright Menards yellow. We had it a bright yellow once before but not that bright. I don't know if they got it done. I hope they did.

Bob T. Racer
06-24-2010, 11:20 AM
If you come up, make sure you stop at Butchies camper in S-5 , formerly the K lot.

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
good deal for the 7 but if they really wanted lots of PR they should have put an open wheel driver who will already be getting lots of press for driving a bright colored#7 car this weekend in the seat....

night gent
06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
good deal for the 7 but if they really wanted lots of PR they should have put an open wheel driver who will already be getting lots of press for driving a bright colored#7 car this weekend in the seat....

Hey Mj, how would an open wheel driver generate more P.R than a top tier NASCAR Sprint Cup series regular. I understand the modified bias, but get real, having Newman in that car can only help the visibility of the race. Personally, I would love to see Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart zipping around loudon in a modified!

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Hey Mj, how would an open wheel driver generate more P.R than a top tier NASCAR Sprint Cup series regular. I understand the modified bias, but get real, having Newman in that car can only help the visibility of the race. Personally, I would love to see Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart zipping around loudon in a modified!

I would love to see those guys zipping around in mods too but maybe i wasn't clear enough, the open wheel driver that will be driving this weekend at NH in a bright green and black #7 Nationwide car owned by the most popular Sprint Cup driver and is the only driver there this weekend that appeared in both Maxim and the SI swimsuit issue (that I know of)..... so I would GO and tell my DADDY who I was thinking of... :)

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
found a picture of the 7ny Menards car at nascar hometracks
http://twitpic.com/1zjhj3

night gent
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Got it MJ. I didn't realize you were talking about Danica.

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 05:33 PM
no pob NG- just havin some fun.

Bob T. Racer
06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
After getting the pole for Saturdays race, I'd say Bono made a good choice. He didn't need the car to be a back marker, if you know what I mean!!

MJProcko
06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I wasn't talking about winning, i was talking about exposure... However I think you underestimate the Godaddy gal, I think a 3rd place finisher at Indy wouldn't be a back marker in the WMT at NH. I think running an Indy car at Richmond is alot tougher than a mod at NH.

would make for a interesting choice for the IRL weekend next year.

iamaranger
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
when will the race be shown on speed?

RGeeProductions
06-24-2010, 11:31 PM
when will the race be shown on speed?

Unknown at this time..
http://hometracks.nascar.com/broadcast-times

rumrunner
06-25-2010, 05:24 AM
(Thanks to my XM radio)

Did anyone hear Bobby Santos's first and maybe only comment in the PR center after qualifying. WOW.. I think its clear many drivers and owners do not want the ringers at the big modified shows. Forgot to mention that Ryan Newman was sitting right next to Santos when the comment was made. This comment appeared to be a little more than playful.

Howie
06-25-2010, 06:03 AM
I don't know how much of a clip XM played, but I was in the media center at the press conference and I didn't take it as anything but "playful". If you heard the whole thing (and saw the expressions on their faces) I think you'd feel the same way, Bobby was teasing Ryan. Bobby also said "you are only as good as the people you race with and Ryan is one of the best" and mentioned he was happy to be racing with him. Ryan mentioned racing sprints and midgets with Bobby before and he knows how talented and a clean racer Bobby is and he is looking forward to racing with him. Other than a little disappointment that his record is now 3 out of 5 instead of 4 out of 5 poles for the year, I think Bobby is just fine with Ryan being there.

BigMac
06-25-2010, 07:12 AM
I hope they enjoy racing each other because they will probably be spending much of the event with the other close by. Only 4 cars were within a second of Ryan. 8 cars were within 2 seconds. At least 18 cars were 3 seconds or more behind the pole time.

Fat Albert
06-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure where you got those numbers from, because Newman qualified at 29.6 and Pitkat qualified 27th at 30.5! That's 27 cars within one second!

http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/4823

BigMac
06-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I stand corrected. I was looking at mph