PDA

View Full Version : Loudon to riverhead

limodmaniac
06-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Sitting on the ferry hoping for many cautions at river head so that I can make it to the modified race on time.

Loudon was great and just want to mention the great run by Doug Coby who ran up front all day and finished 8th. Lots of talent there for a guy who just found out he was racing the 0 on tuesday.

barnca
06-26-2010, 06:10 PM
took my 6yr old son to his first modified raced today.. and boy did he get a treat. meeting all the drivers had his picture taken with tc and andy suess. and he was treated to one of the best races i have seen in a long time.. cant wait till sept.. and im gonna def be making sone trips to thompson and stafford this year.. thank you to all the drivers for the signed pics. and for an absolutley incredible race.. you guys have made a new fan out of my son..

limodmaniac
06-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice to see those words here on the Chrome Horn. Glad to see that your son had such a great time at the races.

For the tour race at Riverhead, I'm going to have close to 50 children and their families attend the race. Hoping to make some new modified fans that day too.

The pit parties/ autograph sessions are a great way to make new fans.

That being said, the attempt to do the Loudon to Riverhead run was a flop. The modifieds finished their feature at 8:00. Needed only an intermission or maybe run the figure eights first and we might have made it. Won't ever make this attempt again.

Riverhead didnt hold the mods up for Justin Bonsignore a few weeks back and they didn't hold them up for me tonight.. But what I really couldn't understand was that they didn't hold up the modifieds for Freddie Kraft who was on the same ferry as me.

Howie
06-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Jim, it was good to see the 2 cars I spotted with "Thanks to limodmaniac" signage on their cars have good runs, finishing 3rd and 8th today. Thanks for all you do.

Rentawrench
06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes ,We ( Rentawrench / Elf ) would like to Thank LIMODMANIC & Doug an You Made this weekend a Great One.

It was Great to see Doug run So well,an also a Thanks to Dan for a Great Job Spotting,an I thought Kelly & Doug worked Good together,Thanks Again

Jaws
06-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Louden to Westbury, home at 9:15, not too shabby even with 3 stops for food and fuel, zoomed past 2 haulers about 3 times! I think I was using the TC/Newman draft to get home!:)

limodmaniac
06-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Coby and that 0 = magic

Jaws
06-27-2010, 10:10 AM
By the way Jim, just saw the highlights of the Nationwide race, I think you led quite a charge to the ferry, there were way more fans in 1 & 2 for the mod race.

Bruton, were you watching?

MXCHAMP04
06-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Sitting on the ferry hoping for many cautions at river head so that I can make it to the modified race on time.

Loudon was great and just want to mention the great run by Doug Coby who ran up front all day and finished 8th. Lots of talent there for a guy who just found out he was racing the 0 on tuesday.

Doug had a very good run, but made a mistake when they did not take any tires. I think that hurt them.

limodmaniac
06-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Wasn't tires that caused him to lose a few spots at the end.

KyleMac45
06-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Wasn't tires that caused him to lose a few spots at the end.

As the leader he got to choose inside/outside, he went with Newman (outside) b/c he had such great restarts. But newman got a bad one and that messed Doug up.

limodmaniac
06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
A part broke