PDA

View Full Version : Modified Tour A Likely Candidate To Run On Izod IndyCar Series Card In 2011 At NHMS

ShawnCourchesne
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Whelen Modified Tour A Likely Candidate To Run On Izod IndyCar Series Card In 2011 At NHMS (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

barnca
06-27-2010, 12:57 PM
i certainly hope they do run with the indy cars.. and i hope they have the same deal they used were you can buy an infield pass and be up close to the stars and the cars.

jandj
06-29-2010, 08:54 AM
As far as I know you can buy a weekend garage pass at Indycar events other than the 500, it's up to the track to decide what access you get.
At Richmond, you got access pretty much everywhere - Indy car and support "garages" and the space behind pit lane.
There were some issues when the Mods ran there with the IRL, as Indycars and USAC were "cold" and the Mods were "hot" (which means under power coming from the "garage" to the track) so access was cut off in some areas during Mod practice/qualifying. Also, at that time NASCAR had a "no shorts" rule, while IRL didn't so there were some problems with where you could go when.
Hopefully they get it ironed out so the fans can get as much access as possible.
I was lucky enough to have "Press/Photo" creds a couple years, Tim Cindric and a few of the Penske guys watched the Mod race from one of the photo stands in T4 with us until one of the Security people made them leave because they "Didn't have the right pass"!

limodmaniac
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I called NHMS and told them that if they had the Indy cars AND if the modifieds were included in the program, I'd be buying a ticket.