PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 Mess?

Wheel Racing
06-27-2010, 01:14 PM
I have always been a huge Figure 8 FAN and even ran the division back in 1993,but last night killed me to watch. I do not want to pass blame on any particular drivers because I don't think there was a single car that came off the track clean. I was sitting in the stands with some old friends remembering the old days and looking at some pictures that Eddie Dunlop had with him of guys like Luigi,Ernie,Quinn,Bobby Taylor,Sammy Atkins,Bobby Lane,Joe Saraceno,The Hlatky's,etc and how fun the division used to be.I was listening to my old man go back in time and I started remembering all the favorite battles I watched over the years.We were talking about guys like RJ Faveau,Chris Young,Whitey Voelker,Doug Huber,Freddie Lamac,Jerry Bowers,Paul Grodewald,Bill Steen,Bobby Mason,Danny Avondet,Tommy Ryan,TK,John Fortin,George Brown,Joey Jr,Roger,Tommy Rogers,George Sprague,etc. and I really had my hopes up for a great race,especially since it was the Ernie Maynor Memorial. I really don't know what the answer is and yes I am whining like a regular "message board" fan right now, but I just hope these guys can get it together before the division disappears completely. Here is my plea to ALL Figure 8 Drivers,Crews,Families,Spotters,Sponsors,Car Owners,SAFER-Please find a way to race with each other and respect each other and the equipment so that us "Old Timers" can look forward to watching the race each week that follows"You have seen them on ABC's Wide World of Sports"