PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock - Random Thoughts...

Goldy
07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
• What a great facility – camping there was a great experience – kudos to the track staff, grounds crew and fans for keeping the place nice and clean - my wife and I really enjoyed ourselves there.
• I really liked to various vantage points to see the action – something for everybody
• The race itself wasn’t half as bad as one would have thought, as was the fan turnout – it wasn’t a stinker of a show as many predicted and I think most there enjoyed what they saw.
• There was passing and it was interesting to see these drivers adapt – I thought they were patient and had “the show” and the fans in mind.
• Great job by the #2 team to make the engine change and go out and grab the pole and command 63 of 66 laps..
• Impressive runs by Silk and Preece – Ryan really came though the field well – Flemke and team I know were thrilled with a top 10 and my “Hats off” award goes to Jamie Tomaino finishing 9th – nothing against Jamie at all, but too me it looked like he really struggled getting around LRP and hung in there for a top 10
o Honorable mention to Wade Cole bringing it home 10th – well done..
• I thought both of the RoTY contenders did very well, despite their finishing positions
• Santos obviously deserved a better finish if not for the tire and or engine trouble and Rudolph – I’m not sure what happened, but he was really getting around the track on Friday..
• Highly impressed with Quarterly’s ability – great to see a different team in victory lane (did Newman start a trend?) – Dale really cut through the field.. very impressive..
• That old #13, renumbered #36 – still looks sharp..
• My “Skid Mark” award goes to whomever was in charge (I’m assuming the race director / Chad Little) – while observing action in the Chicane mid race – the amount sand and dirt on the track alone should have brought about a caution – but how the bottom of a pylon cone can sit there, in the path of cars and not be cleared is unacceptable. I stood there while spotters complained to the NASCAR official who replied “I told/asked Chad – but he said No”… I’ve seen cautions thrown for “debris” before that really amounted to a passing scent in the air – in my opinion, a poor call not to clean things up.
o Honorable mention – to NASCAR for not altering somebody’s schedule, either North or South so the #79 team could participate in both events – I’m sure they (Hills) would have if it was remotely feasible.. Didn’t the South just have like over a month off? Unavoidable collision of dates, I think not.
• The car count (25) was somewhat disappointing, but I understand the costs and the burden to run a Modified there – but I can say that should this double bill return next year – we’ll be there, with a kid or two..
• The track announcer – well – lets just say I missed Matt and or Ben – my wife said, “He’s not that STRONG of an announcer” – mildly kidding here, but he tried.. if you’ve ever seen the SNL skit, the “Synchronized Swimmers” one, you’ll understand the reference..
• On a brighter note - Access to the pit area as part of your general admission ticket was quite a treat – additionally, the kid access in the pits (while a little scary), must have been a thrill for them – I saw some being put to work, helping the crews.. pretty cool for a young, budding race fan.
• Great catching up with Howard, Fran, Axel, Jaws (and kids) and my brother (and kids) – Fran thanks for Pennsylvania’s finest beer offering and the moonshine; and Alex – the Pork Roll was a perfectly divine, unhealthy dining experience – loved every bite.

holleratme
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Well well, only hats off to Jamie on a 9th place finish?? How about the facts that he had 15 laps of practice, the practice was accomplished with 4 used right fronts from previous races. No special road race transmission, Bought 4 Qualifying Tires, Moved the lead and here we go. Call it Talent and Experience. Kudos to all that participated:applause:

Armadasx
07-05-2010, 12:25 PM
i bet Quarterly would of been even quicker if he had a clutch.He lost his clutch on the first lap of the race on big bend.

chrome horn
07-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Well well, only hats off to Jamie on a 9th place finish?? How about the facts that he had 15 laps of practice, the practice was accomplished with 4 used right fronts from previous races. No special road race transmission, Bought 4 Qualifying Tires, Moved the lead and here we go. Call it Talent and Experience. Kudos to all that participated:applause:

I think that's where the hats off comes from. He said from where he was it looked that way, "but too me it looked like he really struggled getting around LRP and hung in there for a top 10. " Not everyone knows the ins and outs. It was merely his observation. But by your comments it seems that you guy's were at a disadvantage equipment (tranny/ tires)and knowledge of the track wise, but the crew busted their humps and a veteran like Jamie showed his talent.