PDA

View Full Version : What a crazy day!

Danger83Ranger
07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for yet another exhilarating day at Grandview Speedway! Congrats to todays winners, it was tough, lots of rubbin and bumpin! made for some exciting racing. Id like to thank whoever was in the pink/black car for causing me and todorow some un needed yet extreme damage, you seem to be causing a lot of ruckus out there every race! :applause: but never the less, rubbing is racing! :cheers: I managed to limp to the finish. im tired, im in pain from that hit, and im burnt from that scorching sun! Goodnight and happy 4th of July everyone!

Rowdy Rules 51
07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Agreed, today was my first time on dirt and my first laps led! Had such a blast out there til I got taken out by an idiot but that didn't minimize the fun at all thank you Joe and Erin!

punchy
07-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Racing was exciting today...............maybe the heat makes people do funny things!

I wish those who have been struck by the "bad luck bug" this season could leave it home! :lol::wave: Better luck next time guys!

So the girls only had five cars? Do we make it worth the while to watch? We have fun out there anyway, at least I did! :applause:

mcstockcar
07-04-2010, 09:55 PM
It was nice to see everyone out there today. Oviously the heat and 1.5x points made some a little.......Ill leave that one alone. Im sure a few sufferd some hard hits. This bad luck streak is killin me.:(

Philter39
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I saw the 51 get hit by my observation intentionally I was just behind you. Although I forget the other car #. I also saw # 60 get pushed sideways till he was "out of the way " I never saw that move before. Also 2 thumbs up to the 50 and older crowd that won the 104 107 lappers. And the womens races are getting tighter. The 13 had fast time for the women today. I had fun today that is why I race. Hope every one else had fun also.

Happy 4th Help keep this nation great and write your Reps. BALANCE THE BUDGET

phil

Rowdy Rules 51
07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Ya phil, he took me out plain as day. But you know what they say, you can't help stupidity. Had a good time racing against you.

Danger83Ranger
07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
are you talking about the incident in turns 3 and 4 with the station wagon with the blue light? they were passing me as it happened, i witnessed it all from a very close perspective lol

The station wagon NEVER lifted off the throttle until after they hit the wall, I heard the motor/exhaust SCREAMING as they flew by me. At first I thought his throttle stuck, but as i said before, he let off just after the hit to the wall. the hit on the wall was pretty damn hard. Instantly I heard "black flag" to the 51R over the radio.

Rowdy Rules 51
07-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Ya that was it, what was your perspective?

Danger83Ranger
07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I edited my above post ^^^. tell ya the truth, I thought you were going to be injured...

Philter39
07-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I saw that to. Paybacks are a *itch. orange and blue Cavy was paid back? I assume rowdy rules is the Saturn wagon phil

Danger83Ranger
07-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I didnt see anything other than the 51R driving the orange and blue cavy into the wall. I know nothing about paybacks...:lol:

Philter39
07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
# 83 that was by my observation a payback. phil

Danger83Ranger
07-04-2010, 10:52 PM
lol yeah I understand that, what I meant was I didnt see anything previous that would make the 51R want to get payback.

Rowdy Rules 51
07-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I know I'm lucky that I wasn't hurt Dunn (the wagon) and I have plenty of history at SVS but he brought that to NEETS and did his best to put me threw the wall and then hurried back to NJ, its a damn shame cause my cav was hooked up

gutter7
07-05-2010, 07:06 AM
The Dunn's have a history with just about everyone...guess for the tracks car counts are more important then saftey.

Rowdy Rules 51
07-05-2010, 10:13 AM
The Dunn's have a history with just about everyone...guess for the tracks car counts are more important then saftey.

The last thing I would want is for people to be banned, but something really needs to be done about them. I guess it has to be how my family (the Spencers) used to do it.

Erin C
07-05-2010, 10:26 AM

We try to watch as much as we can out there but it is impossible to keep an eye on everyone. When we see destructive behavior like that we throw them off. SAFETY is more important to us than anything...TWO cars were thrown out of the race yesterday for their overly excessive roughness and many warnings were given over the scanner.

Let this be a warning to those of you who like to use the bumper instead of trying to pass cleanly...you are only hurting yourself, if you dump a car and wreck it so bad it can't return the next race, it is $$ out of YOUR pocket because less cars = less pay out.. Earn your win RESPECTABLY and ENDURE through the race without causing unnecessary damage to other cars...this is not a demo, it is an Enduro race. Also, if we catch you using the bumper too much you are risking your own finishing position, do you want to go for a cool down lap and lose your position? Do you want to get black flagged and not allowed back on the track for overly excessive roughness? You are also hurting yourself when you are doing this. Keep a cool head out there.

Rowdy Rules 51
07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Let me appologize to you Erin, I know that I used the bumper a few times and I am sorry to those drivers. (First time and didn't know what I was doin lol) I love to rub fenders but wrecking people on purpose isn't my thing. The way Joe handled the Dunn thing was greatly appreciated by me and my crew. Thank You

Erin C
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't see a problem in using the bumper to let someone know you are there, but purposely dumping a slower car instead of driving around them is inexcusable in my book which is happening a lot out there.

Larry you did amazing for your first time out there, a little squirly at first but you picked it up quickly...great job :applause:

CJfilms
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
First off, yes the heat and 1.5X points made things a little extra interesting yesterday...

For clarification:
Rowdy is Larry Spencer III in the #51 - blue and orange car
Robby Dunn is the #51R - black wagon with the blue light

Larry, I know you have had a history with the Dunn's and we spoke about this before the race when I came over to your trailer...mainly just to BS, but we did touch that subject. For everyone to know...Larry acknowledged the fact that I knew about this history and understood I would not tolerate any intentional on-track issues. I left his pit space and headed straight for the Dunn's pit area...unfortunately, I only saw one car there at the time and thought (mistake #1, I shouldn't think!!! LOL!) that the rest of their crew was on the way...therefore I did not get the chance to speak with the Dunn's about anything.

The Dunn's and the Spencer's are good drivers, Larry and Robby raced each other clean for most of the race. When the 'incident' started to occur...I noticed it coming out of turn #2...I began to warn the #51R about the bumper...he did not heed the warning. It could have been he did not hear the call over the scanner or just did not have one. I warned him all the way down the back stretch and into turn 3...when the #51 was completely dumped, the #51 was black flagged over the scanners immediately and Matt threw the flag for him as well....we did not wait to see if the #51 of Larry Spencer was wrecked for good or not...the #51 was black flagged for intentionally spinning competitors. It is a shame that the #51 could not continue as I will explain next....

Larry, I along with a few other drivers appreciate your explanation about hitting other cars. I knew this was both your first time on dirt and the first time driving this car....two things that contribute to the way you were driving out there! I could tell from the tower you were having some difficulties handling the car from the get-go, but you did figure things out as you went and you did lead a good portion of the race nonetheless! I don't think anyone should have any gripes regarding you hitting them as most of the cars you did make contact with, anyone can tell it was unintentional. Good job out there, hope you had a blast and we'll see you again!

Al, as far as car counts being more important than safety....I think you know this is not true. As Erin said, there is a lot for a few to watch. Aside from action happening at different parts of the track that we're trying to watch over all at once....I am not going to penalize driver's simply for a reputation, and certainly not because of other driver's opinions. If you believe that the Dunn's have issues with most of the drivers....then I need to hear this from most of the drivers...not just you. Right now, you are the only one saying this. I knew of the tension between the Larry and Robby before the race and I spoke with Larry who said he was not going to bring tension from another venue to our races...I did not speak with Robby yesterday simply because I did not know he was going to be the only one of the Dunn's racing...

We all have someone to blame for things that happen. I know when there is truth behind an accusation and when it is simply one person's issue...and I'm not saying that you are the only person with this opinion, Al...but right now, you are the only one who is saying we should do something about it. I am not going to penalize the Dunns and the Spencers from racing at a NEETS race because they have tension between themselves at another venue. I did try to mediate the issues before the race so that it would not happen...however, I can only say so much....and in the heat of the moment, words get forgotten and flags need to fly...

Otherwise...yesterday was a great hot day! Good racing, no flips, plenty of sweat!

See you in August!

Rowdy Rules 51
07-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Thank you Joe, I appreciate everything you do. I've been a part of the NEETS family since 2004 and have never forgotten that. I wouldn't do anything to ruin the show you try and put on by takin out past issues at a place I never raced before on a completly different surface would just of been idiotic of me. These issues with the Dunns will be handled but not at a NEETS race on the track, that is for certain

mcstockcar
07-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I noticed a lot of people dont watch whats going on a few cars ahead of them. I was behind Timmy and he was held up by a yellow car, So-when he has to slow or brake, i got to do the same without hitting him. The car(s) behind me just ram rite into my bumper because the are not watching far enuff ahead. It works! My bumper is not your brakes!!!!! My neck hurts today because of it. Be glad they took those mirrors away or....:mad: I cant wait till my video is done...Dave has a lot to edit .....bleep...bleep...bleep..Better put music to it.:lol: BTW.....DONT PARK YOUR TRUCK AND TRAILER IN FRONT OF PIT STALLS AND JUST SIT THERE AND BULL%$#%!!!!! STAY OUT OF THE ROADWAY!!!!!I came in to get a tire changed and there it was......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!

Poppop
07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
:wave:I think it's the curse of the cameras Jack. You me and Big Daddy all had troubles. I overheated and blew the darn head gasket again, and I'm not sure what went wrong with Big Daddies car but it looked like more than one thing. I was so beat after the race I didn't even feel like going around and talking to everybody.:lol:

Danger83Ranger
07-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I wonder why you keep overheating kenny. Those chevys are usually pretty decent in all conditions. maybe a bad thermostat? you did pretty good considering you had to pull off for awhile, you were fast out there.

Poppop
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I must be missing something. The fan's on all the time and the first time it overheated I took the thermostat out. The last time I ran the whole race without a problem and when Steph drove it I even forgot to tell her to turn the fan switch on but it was still OK for twentyfive laps.:confused:

Philter39
07-05-2010, 09:16 PM
kenny did you talk to Werner? He got to see Linsey win. phil

does your car have a temp gauge? if so what temp does it normally run? Spark plugs to hot ?

Clean rad ? old rad ? Did you check the heads flatness ? Analise it when you take apart.

BIGDADDY64
07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
i know i dont state my opinoin about recing incidents very often on here. but i have to agree with erin on the bumpers being used alot considering i was damaged and tring to run around the rim to stay out of everyones way and still got spun around. i agree with jack about people not looking ahead of them to see what was going on, i slowed up for to spinning cars in front of me and got drilled from behind, this i hope was just a racing incident but it did cause a lot of damaged. i will fix it and be back with no aggression. i also agree with pop pop about the camera thing. sorry neets specatator i dont want that thing in my car again, maybe im being superstitios , i still had a fun day and thank you neets for the chance to race.

Poppop
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
:wave:Phil, I was so pooped after the ladies race I didn't feel like staying around in the sun any longer so I didn't get to talk to Werner. I have a temp guage and it normally reads pretty high so it isn't much of a jump to overheated. I knew I was in trouble when it went from too hot back to mormal. That usually means there's air in it and not water. The last time I had to replace the head because it had a hole in it and I checked the new one before I put it on. I'm using the stock plugs, and the radiator seems to be quite clean inside and out. I might try to find a bigger one but I havn't heard of any replacement except for aftermarket and of course there not legal.:lol:

richardpetey
07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Don't feel pregnant, everybody was running a little warm Sunday..............:mad:
If Mr. Rodgers would groom the track properly and stop treating us like a side-show you wouldn't have all that mud stuck in your radiator.....................:eek:
If the track conditions and crazy wet track driving continue, they'll only be 10 cars left for the last race.............................:disgusted
UNCLE PETEY........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NeetsSpectator
07-05-2010, 10:07 PM
:wave:I think it's the curse of the cameras Jack. You me and Big Daddy all had troubles. :lol:

Jack & Big Daddy's troubles were the curse of the #7. It didn't look intentional in either case.

In Jacks case the #7 was coming around the outside real fast on the outside and the #60 slid up until there was no more racing room. the #7 looks like it hit the wall before it hit Jacks car.

In Big Daddy's case the #7 was running in the high groove for many laps and passing a lot of cars, the #64 was in his groove. The #7 tried to pass under him but slid up into the 64 and spun him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sor0XCwT3w

And Poppop's bad luck. . . The camera took 2 nice pictures of the inside of your car but no video was taken. The camera wasn't on so it didn't have the power to give you any bad luck. I think the camera bracket may have been causing a resonate vibration that may have caused the head bolts to loosen up. :lol:

mcstockcar
07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I couldnt tell you who hit me. Im not going to blame him on that. It was a racing accident. Its nice to know someones watching. My car got bumped or something coming out of 2 got headed for the wall, then POW! I got clobberd!

Danger83Ranger
07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
I dont remember who it was, but im pretty sure the one time you got run over. First thought that came to my mind was "jacks gonna be pissed at him" lol

mcstockcar
07-05-2010, 11:46 PM
All I remember is "what the......." then it was over.:(

ohdeere51
07-06-2010, 03:05 AM
Agreed, today was my first time on dirt and my first laps led! Had such a blast out there til I got taken out by an idiot but that didn't minimize the fun at all thank you Joe and Erin!
I was not going to post on here but please watch video

Poppop
07-06-2010, 05:17 AM
:DSounds like one of the explanations you get from the service advisor at Shyster's Garage, Dave.:lol: I knew I shouldn't have tried to save money using those left handed muffler bearings. Too bad about the camera, I saw the numbers change and thought it was running and not counting still shots. Maybe if it was running it would have counteracted those vibrations.:lol:

Rowdy Rules 51
07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
I was not going to post on here but please watch video

To hell with the video, when other competators and the promotor of the races himself said it was blattently obvious, what happened with me and robbie a the start was an accident, it wouldn't make much sense for me to mess with someone 40 LAPS DOWN WHEN I WAS THE LEADER.(at the time of the intitial contact) I also found out that Justin had told him to do it, that's the kind of stuff that RUINS the sport of enduro racing

Erin C
07-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Before this escalates I am going to close this thread because we are handling this situation off the forums with the two parties involved (since that seems to be what a majority of this thread is about). Joe will be calling both individuals today because going back and forth on here will not solve anything and the last thing I want to see is fighting on here when it can be avoided through a phone call.