PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on Bowman Gray???

RGeeProductions
07-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Tonight, Bowman Gray held a 100 lap modified race.
Qualifying was through time trials, then after time trials ALL cars redrew for starting position.
EX: Ted Christopher timed 13th but started 3rd. Brian Dauzat timed last and started on pole!

To me, why even have time trials if all redraw? Don't think odds of any starting position would change just picking random numbers out of a hat for redraw. You could just do a double draw with the first round draw for when you pick and the second round draw for starting position.

Any thoughts?

wmass01013
07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
No different then redrawing at ANY TOUR RACE, why time trial 1st to redraw and start 10th? Just an expanded version

RGeeProductions
07-10-2010, 11:28 PM
No different then redrawing at ANY TOUR RACE, why time trial 1st to redraw and start 10th? Just an expanded version

But at a tour race it is only the front guys, not the whole field.

Racer1_NC
07-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Teddy ended up on the pole for the start....Duzat didn't start due to some sort of mechanical issue.

My understanding is they make them time trial for the "pole award" that someone sponsors.....then mix them up by drawing for the "fan excitement". As long as I'm in the stands and not in the pits, whatever they do is fine with me. :lol:

wmass01013
07-11-2010, 08:09 AM
But at a tour race it is only the front guys, not the whole field.

I think time trialing and redrawing is dumb no matter if its' 6 or 40 cars, but i think Bowman Gray spices things up every week on the schedule by doing some FAN interesting ideas instead of just swinging open the gates like Most so called promoters do around the northeast now.
When i was at BG martinsville weekend, the fans were into the Time trials, something u dont see at most Tour races in 2010 because most Tour fans HATE TIME TRIALS, me included

Gil
07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I wished that I owned the place!!!

:)