PDA

View Full Version : What is racing?

ljnbooze
07-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Is blocking racing, is break checking racing....and what race are the officials watching? It boggles my mind? Watched the Super pro trucks and Chargers. The 88 in SPT finished 3rd but was sent down to 10th. If officials were watching they would have seen 88 bumped the 42 from the rear,88 backed out and the 66 slammed him into the 42, and 42 spun out. was not the fault of the 88 but the officials or official felt it was 88 fault.... Now for the Charger race if you go around the 42 he takes you high towards the wall, if you go under him he will take you into the infield. then when you get behind him and let him know you are faster he hits the breaks and smokes his tires in doing so. Then he gets pushed out of the way while riding his brakes and hits the wall you get put back for rough riding? I thought this is supposed to see who is the fastest, not to see break checking and blocking high and low! So what is racing?

RACENUT
07-18-2010, 02:58 AM
i think somebody was cooking to many hamburgers again

Ace
07-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Allen I think you said the samething in another thread,then the video came out and you had nothing to say.The samething will apply here and don't you have any new material?:lol:

Only if the 42 RACED like his dad. You can RACE with the 5 SPT.

Only if the 42 RACED like his sister. You can RACE with her in either division and I think she'll win in both divisions before the year is over.

The 42 like Larry said will run you high when you're out there and take you low when you're there. Don't know why the 42 can't RACE like the rest of his family.

Buddy Turbush

Tommyj16
07-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Here is my view I am friend w/ both drivers so this is just my opion the 88 put a good move on the 42 go under him they rubbed (rubbing is racing) after that88 gets by the 42 slams the 88 in the rear and nice save by the 88 the 42 gets by the 88 after the 88 again gets under the 42 all hell breaks loose the 88 and 42 tangle and the 81 finishes off the 42 under caution back to green the 42 was blocking holding a 3rd place over the 88 the 88 did all he could to do to get around 42 w/ the 66 running the 88 down as well the 88 did a great job of playing offence and defence all at the same time on last lap the 42 checked up and the 88 did get into 42 and then the chain reaction 66 into 88 a racing incodent either the 88 or 42 would have gone around but it was the 42 again just my opion i see it 42 trying to hold postion and the 88 & 66 trying to go around each other and the 42 good hard racing. do i think the 88 should have been put back no it was good hard racing if they set the 88 down for what happened afterward i don't know could not tell ya but there were no fights from were i was sitting just the normal yelling like i did last fig-8 race.

Ace
07-18-2010, 12:37 PM
do i think the 88 should have been put back no it was good hard racing if they set the 88 down for what happened afterward i don't know could not tell ya but there were no fights from were i was sitting just the normal yelling like i did last fig-8 race.

The 88 was sent down for what happened on the track.

There was NO yelling, NO fights, NO nothing in the pits.

Kinda sounds like the samething the 81 did earlier in the season and was sent down for 2 weeks for doing NOTHING.

Everyweek there's action in the pits, yet I don't see anyone else getting suspended!

Wonder why that is...................:help::help::help::help::help ::help::help::help:

nowork18
07-18-2010, 12:42 PM
every week its always something with the 42 the kid is horrible.

LetItShine
07-18-2010, 12:54 PM
It really is getting out of hand. unfortunatly the drivers are taking it into there own hands.and unfortunatly somone is going to get hurt out there. Yes i am a bleacher creacher because i cant afford to race but my opinion is priceless. the 42 has issues with whom ever tries to pass him, and or taps or bumps him. If you cant handel beeing passed or taped or bumped then raceing is not for you. if you cant handel the fact that your car maynot be on point that week and someones else is faster then you then maybe your in the wrong sport. its time too step your game up to be able to compete withthe rest of the field. when somone tries to pass you on the outside and you put them into the wall its (BS). you seem to act like a 4 year old who didnt ge that toy on christmas. stop acting like a little baby, if you want to play with the big boys then start acting like one.hats off to the rest of the field that has stepped up there game 5 ,00,89,73. :wave:

jeffrey
07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
this is like a tv show you watch.who is going to take who out this week.I think the track should suspended both the 81 and 42.then you would stop all this finger pointing.you where both wrong for what happen out there last night. and keep on suspending them until it stops.can you see why you can not get anymore cars out there.because the track lets this crap go on for so long they can't stop it now because they need the cars.so this is what you will see from the trucks and the chargers.the 81 will get the 42 one week.then the 42 will get the 81 next time.when is it going to stop.and this was the best class they had at one time.what ashame.look where we are now.and Erin next time you give 8 to 12 year old boys the finger in turn 2 because they where booing.trust me you will have allot of up set parents down at your pits.and I really dont think you want that.

nobandwagonhere
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
this is like a tv show you watch.who is going to take who out this week.I think the track should suspended both the 81 and 42.then you would stop all this finger pointing.you where both wrong for what happen out there last night. and keep on suspending them until it stops....

The 42 runs the 81 all over the track, then brake checks him repeatedly with the whole field behind them, and they should both be sent down? If the 81 started it, then I would agree, and I would tell the 81 that personally. MAYBE the 42 should be sent down for a change....how about that? Sad part is, he has a fast car....if he knew how to DRIVE he would probably do a lot better. Next time you try to play games, at least know what your doing...lol....didnt work out too well, he ended up nosed into the wall......go figure. Its getting rediculous. The antics are everywhere you go, in every division. But the officiating and crybaby "waaaah I got passed" BS is out of control. The track wont be happy until not only someone gets hurt, but they get a nice lawsuit behind it.......just sayin.:help::rolleyes:

Oh and I was sitting in turn 2 WITH my 3 kids and Niece and nephew.....when the 95 gave them the finger, I lost what little respect I still had for her.....way to build up a fanbase. When I raced, mad or not.....I NEVER aimed ANYTHING towards the fans....Im sure some boo'd, I kept it on the track or in the pits.....NEVER into a crowd. Im sure it wasnt aimed at the kids (I sure hope not) but the kids seen it....and the kids have parents which bring the kids in the pits to see cars, meet drivers, and believe it or not potentially sponsor.......do the math. Good job....youll get TONS of kids lined up at your car next week......really?

Ka$h25
07-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure why the 95 keeps coming up in all of this? Because they share a last name? Seems foolish.

nobandwagonhere
07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
95 flipped turn 2 off after the wreck.

greggforce01
07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
would be curious to know if the 42 needs a brake change every week??? :confused: looked like he brake checked and put himself in the wall

citrusfire
07-19-2010, 01:40 PM
would be curious to know if the 42 needs a brake change every week??? :confused: looked like he brake checked and put himself in the wall

Not sure what the purpose is. Unfortunately it not only effects the car behind him but the cars behind them usually get caught up in the mess and they have nothing to do with what is going on. We have seen it three times this year. He did it to the 8 about 6 races ago and a couple of races ago he checked up on the 5. There seem to be two sides to the story between the 42 and 81 and people are wondering if anything is going to be done. Who knows? I am not sure if they will sit them for the next race because it is a double point 30 lapper. Maybe they shouldn't but I am sure the guys who get caught up in it from behind them don't appreciate it. Maybe they would just make them start in the back regardless of the time trial time for the next race - this way it won't effect anybody behind them.

byrnemtrspts
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Why suspend both drivers when the 81 did nothing wrong. The. 42 was at fault. The 42 clearly brake checked the 81. Did the officials send the 81 to the back for "rough riding" or to give the 42 another chance to wreck the 81? How is it rough riding when the guy in front of you has his brakes locked mid straightaway? This Is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen the 42 perform his signature move. The officials did tell the 23 the 95 should of wrecked the car that spun her meaning the 81. Even though she spun on her own.

greggforce01
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
dont know why the 81 was put to the back for rough riding, he couldnt help but hit the 42 when the 42 braked so hard to have white smoke come off all four tires

jeffrey
07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
you have to start treating these guys like there in the army.if one acts up you punish the hole group.if not this crap will go on and on.or just let them 2 race against each other.so they can crash each other and no one else.why not put a ring in the x and have a special show.put the gloves on and let them fight it out.who ever taps out is done for the year.then we can get back to some good old raceing.In my eyes they where both wrong for what happen saturday and thats why I would suspend both.and if it keeps up then I would suspend the hole group for a week.they have to do something.and they should do this for all.:wave:

fisherman
07-19-2010, 05:31 PM
how about suspending the great maggio and his few guys that get the greatones help:help::help::mad::mad::-B:-B:lol::lol:

RacinRob
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
you have to start treating these guys like there in the army.if one acts up you punish the hole group.if not this crap will go on and on.or just let them 2 race against each other.so they can crash each other and no one else.why not put a ring in the x and have a special show.put the gloves on and let them fight it out.who ever taps out is done for the year.then we can get back to some good old raceing.In my eyes they where both wrong for what happen saturday and thats why I would suspend both.and if it keeps up then I would suspend the hole group for a week.they have to do something.and they should do this for all.:wave:

Bc that's fair to the 89,99,5,73 and the countless other cars that drive clean. And bub may bump ya, but he won't turn ya...where's it in the rules that bumping is dirty driving?

Turbo
07-19-2010, 06:24 PM
did you happen to see the 42 after that wreck when the 81 was behind him on the start? he goes under the white line and jams the brakes because he thinks the 81 is going to take him out... did anyone see the 81 pass him on the outside and the 8 followed without TOuCHING HIM when he did that!?!?! thats because the 8 and 81 are there to race, NOT WRECK! Why cant these officials and some of you people see this, he doesnt have a problem with just us, its everyone that is faster than him. he sure did spin that 89 out earlier in the year without hesitation, put the 30 spt in the wall without hesitation.. had problems with the 1 spt as well. anyone seeing a pattern here? He squeezes you up in the wall like your not there, he will come right down on you when you are trying to pass him low... its not fun with a guy like that out there.

fisherman
07-19-2010, 07:14 PM
need to hire:lol::lol::lol: a great take out driver lo

bulldozer
07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks for all who came by and gave there condolences for my granfather this week.We as Turbushs had a rough week burying our grandfather on friday then burying our uncle on saturday morning.The last thing we wanted to do was come out and get into it with any driver let alone the 42. We wanted to come and race and try to win the damn races for my grandfather.We werent out there to take people out. We come to race to win every race we are in. Then you have others or let me refine that the 42 who just wants to put you in the wall chop down on you or brake check the hell out of you. I think maybe they should start the 42 in the back for a couple of weeks to maybe get his car a little better to be able to keep up with the other charger drivers. But i guess the next week we race he will be in the back because its time trials and the only way we will see him is if he causes another wreck. The sad thing is i dont think hes a bad person just a bad driver. Watch the last time i won he was on the pole i was second he had me in the third groove. My opinion is who ever made the calls on me and my brother made 2 VERY BAD calls but i guess thats my opinion. But in reality i went to the back and did everthing i could to get back up there and it wasnt my night. Roger dont worry we are still winning in owner points even with the bad week this week:-)))))))) The great thing about the races is theres always next week. Sorry to all who came out to watch the lazy 1 i wanted to win more than anything for pop and the Turbush family ,but i know hes looking down saying dont worry you'll win the next one. Once again it made me feel good on how many people came and said something to me about my grandfather and how they liked the lazy 1. Even though the night didnt go well for us we felt the love from alot of people and that means more than winning any race at riverhead raceway.Thanks Chris Turbush

Ace
07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
JEFFREY please tell me when the 81 takes out the 42. YOU say it's every other race. Do you actually watch the chargers or trucks????

THE 8 81 88 COME TO RACE EACH WEEK. THEY DON'T WRECK OR DUMP ANYONE COMING TO THE FRONT EACH WEEK.

When's the last time someone got Black Flagged????

The 88 and 81 both do on the same night, I used to look forward to Saturdays....

maestri fan 1
07-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Jeffry, look, i don't mean to come off rude but i just have to say that why the he11 would you even say that BOTH should be suspended. I have been watching Chris race cars since he first drove his dads car a number of years ago. He is a very clean driver. He won't even wreck the 42, unlike certain drivers, the turbushes are there to race, not crash. I think it was Roger who pointed out all of the drivers the 42 has had problems with, and look now, cars aren't coming back..... It's ashame, it truly is.

jeffrey
07-19-2010, 08:56 PM
ok you guys go back and watch pitbull.you can see why the 42 was pist.and I have to say I would be to.the 5 is on the outside.the 42 is in the inside of the 5 then going into turn 1 81 dive bombs him and almost takes him out.the 81 had to now he was going low under the 5 the 42 had the spot.ok he drives the 81 up to the wall coming out of turn 4.but then the 81 hits him so hard and keeps pushing him he nows he is not going to make the turn so he slams on the brakes.its better to go to the back then to put a clip on.so this is why I would suspend both.because these guys are not going to stop pointing the finger at each other.then if that didnt stop it.then the hole group would go for a week.maybe you other drivers can get this to stop.people want to see raceing like the bb give us everyweek.not the crap we are seeing now.so all you 81 and 8 and 88 fans can come on here and see what you want to see.but tell it like it is.the 81 is just as bad as the 42.the vid will not lie.and life is not fair anyway.

ljnbooze
07-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Jeffrey, don't know what you watch when your at the races. Just see how many people disagree with your conception of what takes place. Just maybe you are mistaken in your idea of what happens. Of coarse that's just my opinion .........and everyone elses:confused:

Ka$h25
07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
ok you guys go back and watch pitbull.you can see why the 42 was pist.and I have to say I would be to.the 5 is on the outside.the 42 is in the inside of the 5 then going into turn 1 81 dive bombs him and almost takes him out.the 81 had to now he was going low under the 5 the 42 had the spot.ok he drives the 81 up to the wall coming out of turn 4.but then the 81 hits him so hard and keeps pushing him he nows he is not going to make the turn so he slams on the brakes.its better to go to the back then to put a clip on.so this is why I would suspend both.because these guys are not going to stop pointing the finger at each other.then if that didnt stop it.then the hole group would go for a week.maybe you other drivers can get this to stop.people want to see raceing like the bb give us everyweek.not the crap we are seeing now.so all you 81 and 8 and 88 fans can come on here and see what you want to see.but tell it like it is.the 81 is just as bad as the 42.the vid will not lie.and life is not fair anyway.

I have a headache. We're all watching the same exact thing and somehow you still manage to interpret it terribly. A "dive bomb" is when you drive in the turn over your head and try to stick your car underneath another. Bub has his fender in there halfway down the straightaway, the 42 didn't give him the spot, there was some contact and the 81 backed out. That is good hard racing. Next turn, the 81 takes a shot on the outside and the 42 runs him up into the wall. That is dirty. If you won't give him room on the inside, and you won't give him room on the outside, then he's forced to make his own room. It's 20 laps on a quarter mile track, no one has time to play games with dumb drivers in slower cars.

Ka$h25
07-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Just to elaborate on the "dive bomb" a little more.

The 81 is at the quarter panel of the 42 AT THE START FINISH LINE.

http://i29.tinypic.com/dol3yb.jpg

Then, still before entering the turn, the 81 actually has better position on the 42 then the 42 has on the 5. Please tell me how this is a "dive bomb!?"

http://i32.tinypic.com/e9gpj6.jpg

rrealto
07-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Is that all you need now is a 1/4 panel.
What if the guy runs no mirrors, is the 1/4 panel good enough to say the spot is yours. Used to be you had to be by the door. I guess that changed. If the 81 did try to back out then that was good.
Its good that it wasn't Maggio who made the calls this week so you guys can't blame him. So much for the Maggio hates us deal. Find someone new to blame. Everything is Maggios fault.
Its pretty simple. Stop laying a bumper to everyone and much of this stuff would stop. I know, you say thats racing, then why do you blame everyone else. I guess thats racing and expect some back. Maybe some don't do it as good as you do.
You have fast cars and certainly can drive. It makes no sense. Seems like if you had less controversy you would do better and get even better results. Cannot argue with your success but I guess some would argue with the way its achieved. Thats a choice you guys make.
Just seems strange to see Champions on the internet each week things do not go their way badmouthing people.
There are some other Chargers up there in the points who use almost no bumper and have none of the controversy.
And whichever guy got out of the car on the track should be suspended. there are rules against that, no excuses either please. Maggio did not make you get out of the car.
Maybe Jeffrey has a point. I don't think it takes two guys to handle the 42, and please, don't tell us he was unbuckling in a threatening manner. It looked pretty silly the way the one guy jumped out of the car. Great show.
It would be great if you left that stuff at home and let everyone enjoy your driving talents and quality equipment without all the garbage.

Ka$h25
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
I didn't say quarter panel gave him the position, and for the record in the second picture you'll see he was at the door. That still didn't stop the 42 from trying to put him in the bumps. And yes, when they made contact the 81 backed out.

As for the next lap, we know the 81 is fast but there's no way he has the 42 jacked up halfway down the straight away without the 42 playing his little brake check games. It's clear as day.

http://i25.tinypic.com/33mwh7d.jpg

As for some of your other points...

Just seems strange to see Champions on the internet each week things do not go their way badmouthing people.

I think it's rare that we get a drivers point of view on situations. When us "grandstanders" state our opinions it's discounted because we're not drivers. Now when the drivers state their opinions that's not okay either? Why do we have a message board if everyone's going to be chastised for their comments.

And whichever guy got out of the car on the track should be suspended. there are rules against that, no excuses either please.

Do you know how many drivers have gotten out of their cars just this season alone? I'd say at least once a week it feels like someone gets out of their car to express their displeasure with another driver. Now you want to start suspending people for it?

Maybe Jeffrey has a point.

There goes any chance of being taken seriously.

RacinRob
07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
What if the guy runs no mirrors, is the 1/4 panel good enough to say the spot is yours. Used to be you had to be by the door. I guess that changed. If the 81 did try to back out then that was good.

no mirrors would be a poor excuse..maybe a new spotter is needed at that point.

maestri fan 1
07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
As far as the comment about the driver getting out of his car, he had every damn right to do it. Now does it make it right, well that depends on your own opinion. I'll tell you what, if week in and week out my brother and I were getting crap from the same person, you better believe i'm going to defend us. Now Jeffrey if you watch the video, after the 81 gets out of his car he has the presence of mind NOT to go over to the 42. If there was a guy who threw his steering wheel off and his belts appearing that he was going to get out of his car/truck, I would get out too and do exactly what the 81 did. Got out and stood on his side of his truck and that was all. All he did was stand his ground. Just my opinion.....

Turbo
07-20-2010, 07:24 PM
we need people like you rrealto, someones gotta defend him!!! And he wasnt acting in a threatening manner because he knew he had time, did you see he was blocking me?? THink about it before you defend that, he took his wheel off and you can see it in the pitbull video.

fisherman
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
damm all this for a couple dollars to win lol:lol::lol::lol:

wayne
07-21-2010, 07:07 PM
You know its not the money Ron, its the passion!