PDA

View Full Version : Clarence Harris

LongIslandJam
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Sorry that we missed this, but we received word that Clarence passed away earlier this month, on July 3. My condolences go out to his family and friends of the former Blunderbust driver.:(

allhailunc
07-22-2010, 11:32 AM
He was one hell of a character always "Kickin Asphalt" as Bob Finan would say.two things stand out about Clarence in my mind-once,after the races we went back into the pit area,as usual,and Larry,all of 7-8,went right over to the Harris pit area(they always had great bar-b-cues)well when Mrs Harris went to get larry his usual grape soda she found that Clarence had allready drank it-man what a sight watching her 'tongue lash" the poor fellow.:lol:
another time,at Flemington,we were sitting with Clarence and his wife and the mods came out for practice-Downtown George Brown was supposed to come out but didn't.Clarence asked"what happened to him?"&Larry replied"maybe he got lost coming out?"well that put Clarence into stiches laughing and all three of us got "yelled at"oh you guys leave that poor man alone".God has decided he needed a bar-b-cue master-Clarence my hat's off you you you were true class all the way:applause::applause::applause:

Scotty Wolf
07-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, god bless, we lost another nice man.

deathwishracin1
07-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow I remember watching him race against my dad and my uncle when I was growing up. Sad to hear.