PDA

View Full Version : Sad !!!!

WFO
07-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I Cant believe that official are now in the business in determining a drivers fate and quality.Who are they to judge anyone ..All pay the same @ the back gate..All spend the same.!.Is it that the powers to be.. Don't want any more growth in this sport? They want the same car counts has the rest? except mods. Been fielding since 1989 and never saw anything like this.A lock in? weather you are fast or not! Its almost like they don't want legends there..After all " Nascar drop the ball years ago not keeping a spec series latemodel class"..Not our fault!!!..But when economic times are upon us who has the time to fab all week long!..Having multiple cars for the head, I can see whats next, and building new cars is not one of them..These legends on asphalt are going to be the future of entry level racing weather you like it or not .And Its very sad That we sit around all day..And cant find time to run the racing that Riverhead believes in, competition and speed get you in, and officiating control the rules ..What a disgrace too true racers....

hollywoodmic
07-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I have to agree if I'm thinking what you're thinking. What would be so wrong with heat races for the Legends Cars. You have enough cars there. A kid like Kyle Elwood finish second and goes home??? That doesn't make sense to me. A few weeks back he finished 3rd and transfered, just a weird set up. Some of these young kids are better than the drivers that have been out there for years. WHY DISCOURAGE THEM???? Run heats the Top 5 Qualify and run a consi. What happens next year when they are not Freshman?? They automatically get in the show, correct??? That means your Legend Feature will start 30+ cars, plus how many will transfer??? It's just a silly system run heat races and let them earn their starting spots, not have them given to them based on the fact that they've had more laps in a Legend Car. Earn your spot to run in the feature, just like we always did.

vettedude418
07-25-2010, 11:14 AM
I think it's saddest seeing that this is probably the third or fourth public uproar (not counting what we discuss at the track) about the situation and they still just arrogantly look the other way and ignore us. They need to realize (and more importantly swallow their pride and accept) that legends are not only going to grow big time in the coming years but that they also have arguably the best racing by far all night every night. They also tell us not to PRACTICE with the veterans, then just randomly throw one in our race on the pole! We have NO clue how he races, and he ends up probably costing a few people a shot at a transfer spot (which is already nearly impossible to get). It's like this is their first auto race ever and they decide starting spots on how old you are or how many years you've been riding around.

rrealto
07-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Its Cromarty that is refusing to go to heats.
This system stinks. Only one transfer is not right .
This is how you kill a division. They are good at that.
Division is taking off in spite of their incompetence. Will it continue??

Ka$h25
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
It's a new situation and suffering some growing pains. I would be very much in favor of some Legends heat races and I think it'll make a feature a better show as well. Like Hollywood said, some of the kids are less hazardous than some of the veterans.

fred card
07-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Riverhead raceway needs to wake up, 30 legend cars more than any others, and legend teams get no respect,at one time we had 40 plus cars only to get dropped,heat races is the only fix with 30 cars,maybe acouple time trial shows, as far as rookies give them a chance to run aheat race,at then to main, riverhead hates legend cars, if they treated drivers and crews better there would be 40 plus cars,i think riverhead will drop legend cars again ,stick together dont let them treat us like **** we deserve better

jgloor8
07-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Whats so difficult about bringing in heat races? whats the goal for the track to be done before 7pm? with all these low carcounts it cant be time thats an issue. Just bringing back heat races will allow for the feature to roll smoother, less cautions from unexperienced drivers, and it gives everyone a fair shot in making the feature. including out of towners