PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the effort

DriveitinDeep
07-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks to all the Late Models that have raced this season. You guys have at least tried to save the division as we know it. It's too bad more of you didn't try to at least show up now & then, because I believe now we are at the end of the line. The Chargers have had more cars show up on a regular basis so I guess majority rules. The LM's will most likely try to be absorbed into the charger class in one form or another. The ONLY way that might change is if by some miracle more cars start to show up for the last 4 races which include two 50 lap races.
It's up to the rest of you now. The core guys of the division have been holding the fort, but now we are about to be overun by the enemy so to speak.
I'm done preaching and trying. It's now up to you as I am done.:disgusted

mccoystax
07-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Man, that's depressing. Roger, thanks for all you do for the division and please don't give up. If it wasn't for you there wouldn't be a late model division. Keep plugging away and let's get those car counts up. :*-(

Fine Line
07-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey, I am trying but my motor will not coorperate with my efforts. I should be up and running for the Aug. 14 show and there after. At this point I have to believe that it is the economy keeping the car count low. I know that my tire money and more just went into putting my motor back together, but I will be out there when we run again. I have to thank Richie @ McBetts for working with me on that. There are a lot of unsung Heros out there who keep us going and Richie is one of them... Thanks as always, Also thanks to all the Late Model drivesd & crew members who helped me out when I had the motor trouble at the track. It was more than expected and really appreciated. Thanks Again.

Chris La Spisa
7 Late Model

Golf Guy
07-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Roger if it is so, and the LM's are heading for the chopping block and Riverhead Raceway is going to be helpful in absorbing the LM's in to the Charger class I would be sad but also most appreciative.
I would love if they did have to combine the two, that they make this stipulation:
Any LM to be eligible to be "downsized" to a Charger class car MUST have raced a minimum of 3 races in each of the last 3 years or 90% of 1 season in the last three years. Those who have left their cars sitting over the last 3 years can continue to let them sit and those that have supported the track will get to still race. Just my opinion.

BUT- I am still a believer that the LM's are some of the best race cars we have. And I really, really hope that we can find a way to continue racing them.

Jeff T
08-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I also believe that the Late Model division is some of the best racing at the track. I also believe that the division has been the so called "red headed step child" of management at Riverhead. They have always raced for minimum purses, even when there were full fields every week. Unfortunately, rumblings that I have heard around is that they division will become no more as we know it. The talk of combining the two divisions is in one form a way to keep all those who wish to race to keep doing so, but I see no plausable way to combine them from a so called "physical" standpoint. Chassis' are completely different, engines, rear ends, wheels and suspension components are all different. A combination of both divisions will cause major expense to charger teams, Late Model teams, or most likely both. Will combining the two divisions increase car count, or will the changes needed for a combined division drive competitors from both divisions away to other tracks, or away from racing all together? The "fix" could result in the same amount of cars racing each week after the merge. Why not set rules and a schedule that could bring cars in from different tracks, and run a series of sorts? There are solutions out there to save the divisions, but it depends on the powers that be whether they want it to happen.

CheckerWon
08-09-2010, 04:17 PM
All that I have to say is that if they are going to combine us or do away with one or the other division's , (if any? ) no matter which one it may be at the track next year, PLEASE let the respective class know A.S.A.P. Alot of time and money go into all of the cars and divisions out there ( of the competitors who show up every week) It's only fair so that if we want to race next year in whatever class that we choose to , that management let us know as early as possible so that we can get our sponsors, cars , and crews together so that we can provide entertainment for all of the fans of RIVERHEAD RACEWAY in the future. I for one hope that they DO NOT get rid of the LATE MODEL's as we know them ...The class has alot of history and great drivers in it !!!! There is alot of good people behind the scenes that help us out like chris said and also don't forget people who own cars to(golf guy). The economy is tough today , I feel everyone who is out there is doing what they can to keep racing in general from vanishing on LONG ISLAND !!!!! We all need to be positive and promote the track the best we know how and get people to come out and watch the races . I don't know how many times I personally had to defend RR when people say " I thought they closed down a long time ago " and told them heck no, come on out and show your support. I know alot of people who realize this and do the same thing . If we want to have a local NASCAR track like we do , all we have to do is promote it ourselves and this would help get the place back on the right TRACK !!!! ...... Artie Pedersen ( Pedersen's CheckerWon Motorsports)

DriveitinDeep
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
WE NEED A DECENT CAR COUNT FOR THESE LAST FEW SHOWS! I DON'T CARE IF YOU DRAG THEM OUT OF THE BUSHES AND YOU HAVE TO PUSH THEM ACROSS THE LINE FOR THE GREEN FLAG. GET THEM TO THE F__K'IN TRACK:mad:

jemalfano
08-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I have a my second car ready for a motor. Unfortunately I only have one motor and 2 cars. If anyone would be willing to lend me a complete motor from fan to tranny so I could at least have the car take the green flag I would appriciate it. I don't car if it is a charger motor for now, it just needs to run.

Thanks
Kenny

rrealto
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Doesn't this get old and tiring to you guys. Whoever it is constantly saying you are gone, but you better get the cars to come out.
How much more can you guys do. For two years you, the racers, have made a tremendous effort to keep the division going and run some good races.
After all the talk from the "track" about trying to get other cars in, bigger purse races, opening the rules, have they ever done any of that??
Maybe someone should talk to Cromarty and get the truth from them about what is going on.

quickmc73
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Doesn't this get old and tiring to you guys. Whoever it is constantly saying you are gone, but you better get the cars to come out.
How much more can you guys do. For two years you, the racers, have made a tremendous effort to keep the division going and run some good races.
After all the talk from the "track" about trying to get other cars in, bigger purse races, opening the rules, have they ever done any of that??
Maybe someone should talk to Cromarty and get the truth from them about what is going on.

you couldnt say it any better.:help:roger has fought so hard but really what he is fighting is the tracks refusal to actually work side by side to really keep the division going,rather then just saying that the car counts have to go up!!!:rolleyes:

Fine Line
08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
The 7 Late Model will be out this weekend, new motor and all. I can't wait, Thanks to Richie @ McBetts for everything he has done for me to get this back to the track...

Kenny, I have the headers you need... Call me when you want them.

Jeff T
08-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Just for the record, I was at Albany Saratoga Raceway in Malta, NY last Friday night. The used to have a full field of cars for every division except 1, they being the 4 & 6 cyl. Cruisers. Since they paved the track, here is what the car count was:

18 Modifieds
9 Sportsman (Mods with less power)
9 Pro Stocks (same as late models)
8 Renegades (chargers)
8 Cruisers (like mini stocks)

The fields may have been small, but the grandstands were 3/4's full for the night (a regular show). To the fans in attendance, it didn't matter a whole lot about the car count. They had heat races for every division, no circus acts, and they still brought in the crowd. It also helps that the admission is only $10 per person over 12 years old.
My point to all of this is that car counts are down in every division at many tracks, but the promoters are not throwing in the towel for any of these divisions. This is not the only track that is experiencing this problem. Unfortunately, the economy and lack of financial support is dictating if and when a race team in any division will race or not race.
Now my question is this: If this is truly a national trend at this point in time of racing, why is it at our track, Riverhead Raceway, our division, the Late Model division, is constantly being thrown under the bus? Why is our division the one that is threatened at this time every year? I don't see why the promoters of Riverhead can not live and let live until the economy is truly out of the toilet, see which divisions will grow, and which ones will not once we hit a more healthy economy. Right now, seeing what the purse structure for the Late Model division is for putting on a weekly show, I don't see where they are losing money on the Late Model division. Most teams bring in 5-8 people through the back gate every week at $30 per person (personally, it costs me $90 every week for back gate admissions when we race), not to mention the friends and family members in the stands of all of the drivers and team members.
I hope that the powers that be at Riverhead Raceway read this post, as well as this entire thread, and realize how close the members of this division are with each other, and how much we all wish to still be a part of the program at Riverhead Raceway for next year, and for years to come.

Golf Guy
08-13-2010, 10:41 AM
The 7 Late Model will be out this weekend, new motor and all. I can't wait, Thanks to Richie @ McBetts for everything he has done for me to get this back to the track...

Kenny, I have the headers you need... Call me when you want them.

Good job Chirs and good luck.

DriveitinDeep
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Chirs?? Ah, a new driver