PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget!!

Erin C
07-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Don't forget this weekend's charity is the Montgomery County SPCA!

The shelter is not governmentally funded, therefore a lot of the typical expenses associated with pets are covered either by donations or from the volunteer's own pockets. Chris will be back at Grandview Speedway again on the 1st of August to organize another collection at the GranDuro 3!

This season, we are asking for everyone to come together and bring at least one item with them! Items can range from canned food, bagged food, treats, small toys, cleaning suppplies, pet care supplies, etc... Keep in mind, the shelter does not receive funding from any other sources, so any donation you may bring will be graciously accepted! Monetary donations can also be made directly to Chris via the "Pickle Jar" that will be set up at the race.

Come on out early, the shelter will be bringing a few of the pets that need a nice warm home with them to the speedway once again at noon! They will have to load the animals up once racing begins just to prevent scaring them...

Any pets that are at the speedway will be adoptable! They are all looking for a nice family they can call their own... So if you are interested, just ask for Chris and he can help you through the pet adoption process.

The series is hoping to collect TWO VANS worth of food and supplies this season...and you can help out in any way, shape or form...

Have a pet of your own already? So do we!! When we purchase our monthly supply of dog food, I grab a few extra items just to start saving up! An extra $5 each trip will not break the bank now or later, but it will add up in the end! Come on out and help the animals! So far we have purchased about 500 or so pounds of dog food to be donated this weekend and will be collecting even more today at a donation site we set up at Pabby's Pet Pantry who have told us that they have collected a great deal for the SPCA.

:help: Help us support a great cause! :cheers:

NJ Chick
07-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Just make sure that the pets you already have at home don't rip open the bags of food you just bought to donate and start chowing down like mine did in the middle of the night! :eek: Luckily I have enough to cover the damage, little stinkers! :p

Poppop
07-30-2010, 06:37 PM
I have mine stashed in the garage so the dog can't find it. Now all I have to do is remember to load it up.:lol:

NeetsSpectator
07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I have mine stashed in the garage so the dog can't find it. Now all I have to do is remember to load it up.:lol:

And no snacking during the drive to the track.:lol: