PDA

View Full Version : Area Auto/ Limerock

limodmaniac
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Some words I found in Area Auto today ( and I promise you I NEVER spoke to Skip Barber and told him to say this)

"Did you see how many people left after their (modified) race? That's got to tell you something."

"The modifieds carried the weekend," said Rick Roso, Lime Rock's media liaison.

And my thoughts -Could it be that next years race may be a stand alone event for the MODIFIEDS?

Time for Nascar to realize that the Pro Series is a waste of money and put that money into it's oldest division... the MODIFIEDS! How about a million dollar point fund for the modifieds?

Magicshoes12
07-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Everyone knows this and knows Nascar needs to do something. The only problem is that Nascar will never do anything about it until they wake up and realize what they have. And like the interview said stop wasting the money in the Pro Series, come on....that series was truly a pro series when you had guys like dion, dragon, moore, mclaughlin, stefanik, tony h. dick mccabe..ricky craven,etc... THE BUSCH NORTH, thats why i like going to see some of the PASS Tour, most of the guys from the north tour are in the PASS now. The Pro series is a joke. We say it over and over again Nascar needs to do something with the Mods, and the way its going the only thing they'll do is let is dissolve into nothing. I hope i'm wrong with that but in my honest opinion 14 races is not a season. They need to suck it up and kick some money in get it back to 20 - 25 races a year, stop making the tracks pay so much for them being there and give back to the real NASCAR Fans. I'd say Nascar needs to buy out 6 flags New England too and bring back Riverside Park!! LOL...sorry to go on a rant, but if Nascar could realize their cup series blows and the nationwide isn't to far behind it, that its time to give more to the average fan with regional series more bang for their buck!