PDA

View Full Version : Next Stop: Stafford Aug. 6th

CTtoPA
08-01-2010, 01:45 PM
So Friday at Stafford is the next stop on the tour. This will be my first trip to Stafford in close to 10 years and first tour race since Thompson probably 12 years ago. I'm not a fan of pavement but I'll admit I'm kind of excited for this race.

CTtoPA
08-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Looks like 30 entries for this year's Town Fair Tire 150.

Jimmy Spencer will be there with the Versus TV Crew.

Practice 2:30-4PM
Qualifying 6PM
Race scheduled for 9:15PM

Magicshoes12
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Looks like 30 entries for this year's Town Fair Tire 150.

Jimmy Spencer will be there with the Versus TV Crew.

Practice 2:30-4PM
Qualifying 6PM
Race scheduled for 9:15PM

On Staffords site and Nascar home tracks the race is scheduled for a 9:40PM start....but on the same page on nascar that it says 9:40 it also says 9:15...so who knows....lol...gonna be a late night!!!

CTtoPA
08-03-2010, 11:21 AM
It's gonna be a freakin' long day. I've gotta be with the transporter at 7AM.

NWMT PR
08-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry I didn't post this yesterday, but HERE (http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/5031) is the entry list. The No. 79 had filed an entry, but they are going to compete at Bowman Gray.

The starting field will stage following Stafford's weekly divisions at 9:15 and the race will go green at 9:40.

Goldy
08-04-2010, 09:53 AM
A couple comments here.. sorry, but they are negative.. the first one may be a bit off base because I don’t know all the information – the second I’ll stand by..

It’s unfortunate that the previous Northern / Southern date conflict occurred (Lime Rock/Caraway) – or I’m sure we’d see the 79 at Stafford.. when you have a team as dedicated as the Hills are to both tours, you’d think the powers that be would do anything to avoid something that resembles a conflict for this team. Sure, they are just one car – but both tours sure could use them – and in the past they have been willing.. The thin schedules, the light spring for the south and 1 race in Sept for the north.. come on..

… and, I’m not going to Stafford for other reasons – but – starting the feature event that late is just unacceptable.. Does anyone in the front office there actually have young children? Apparently not.

MJProcko
08-05-2010, 03:44 AM
"… and, I’m not going to Stafford for other reasons – but – starting the feature event that late is just unacceptable.. Does anyone in the front office there actually have young children? Apparently not. "

Not making light of your situation but there will be 5 other divisions running too and whoever runs last some ones kids would be staying up late to watch the race. Running on a Friday night Stafford can't start too early because people work n Fridays too. Atleast you get to watch it on VS!

CTtoPA
08-05-2010, 05:39 AM
I think his point is that the WMT really is the headliner on the card and you're charging people extra money but making people wait until almost 10 to see them. Concerts work this way but I guess I haven't heard of too many racetracks running the traveling series last of 6?

Magicshoes12
08-05-2010, 06:26 AM
I think his point is that the WMT really is the headliner on the card and you're charging people extra money but making people wait until almost 10 to see them. Concerts work this way but I guess I haven't heard of too many racetracks running the traveling series last of 6?

Same thing next week at Thompson, but Thompson is starting the tour race at 8:45 but running every division before the tour mods. Which in all reality the Tour mods wont come on until 9 - 9:15

MJProcko
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't know of any event, concerts, boxing, wwe or any other racing series that puts the main event on first. I have seen tracks save say a limited late model feature for last to ease the conjestion leavin the track and thats fine but it only saves you maybe 20 minutes. It's a disservice to all those "saturday night" racers who bust their ass week in and week out to keep the track open for the touring series to grace with their presence a few times a year. They pay 2-3x the normal gate to run for the same small purse, they've earned the right to run in front of the big crowd. So sit back, relax, enjoy the best short track racing around and let the kiddies sleep in the car on the way home and who knows, in that SK lite might be the next Tony Stewart or Danica and you saw them get their start.

The race last week at Seekonk had the feature last and didn't start 'til atleast 8:30 on a Wed. nite. Despite sitting on the most uncomfortable bleachers it was fine because if they ran it before the Midget race, the people that would have left would have missed by far the best race of the night. A note to the MRS - the one tire rule, while it didn't change who won, it sure saved the last 20 laps fom being as boring as the first 80.

jeep4x486
08-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I dont mind the tour race being last, what I do mind is having to sit through the brutal process of lining all the cars up on pit road, announcing all the drivers, putting on a big horse and pony show. People come to watch the RACE. Have them come out, rolling start like at Thompson, and just get the thing going. Maybe do the intros for the Sizzler or the Fall Final when you have the race during the day, there are only a few other races that day. But when you have a full card of races and the tour race last, skip the pit road lining up of the cars/intros and get to some green flag racing.

MandyB
08-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I dont mind the tour race being last, what I do mind is having to sit through the brutal process of lining all the cars up on pit road, announcing all the drivers, putting on a big horse and pony show. People come to watch the RACE. Have them come out, rolling start like at Thompson, and just get the thing going. Maybe do the intros for the Sizzler or the Fall Final when you have the race during the day, there are only a few other races that day. But when you have a full card of races and the tour race last, skip the pit road lining up of the cars/intros and get to some green flag racing.

The outside introduction part kills me.

You sit through five divisions of racing and it's about 9pm on a good night. The cars come out, stop on the mini-mile, and then get out of their cars. On a Friday night, one could kill two or three minutes of waiting and not have outside intros. Just think - the last guy is introduced and gets in the car. You have to stall the whole thing by talking while you wait for the guy to buckle up and get everything in order before the command to start engines.

Maybe that would work, but like I said, it's only maybe two or three minutes. I have no idea.

Fat Albert
08-05-2010, 10:09 PM
The race last week at Seekonk had the feature last and didn't start 'til atleast 8:30 on a Wed. nite. Despite sitting on the most uncomfortable bleachers it was fine because if they ran it before the Midget race, the people that would have left would have missed by far the best race of the night. A note to the MRS - the one tire rule, while it didn't change who won, it sure saved the last 20 laps fom being as boring as the first 80.

Although the top 4 finishers were MRS regulars, The Seekonk Open is not an MRS race. It's an open competition race run by Seekonk Speedway!

Gil
08-05-2010, 10:29 PM
My theory is what difference does it make when you start the race as long as the whole program is done before curfew if there is one. Once I am at the track it really doesn't matter when I leave. The program will not get over any earlier if you start the tour race first, but starting it last gives people more time to get to the track!

:applause:

CTtoPA
08-07-2010, 10:16 PM
So I have to admit my first time back to Stafford in a decade was enjoyable. It always helps when the team you're a guest of wins. The guys on the Wisk/Snuggle Team did a great job. Don and Lloyd and crew had the car spot-on and Todd drove a great race. A long overdue and well deserved win for the team. I might just go to Thompson Thursday!