PDA

View Full Version : Good Run Ends Three Laps Short for Steve Fox at Pocono

LongIslandJam
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Berwick, PA (August 2, 2010)- Following a mediocre run in June, Steve Fox and the Universe Racing team made wholesale changes to the #28 Universe Towing/FireHouse Dodge Charger and headed to Pocono International raceway last weekend with high hopes of a strong run in the Weis 125 with the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards.

Fox started 24th on the grid moved into the 19th spot following a caution flag on the first lap. Compared to the last Pocono event, the driver seemed much happier and more content with the car.

“The car was very good all day”, said Fox. “We made a lot of changes since our last visit to Pocono and all of the hard work really paid off”.

Fox came into the pits for service under the second caution flag and headed back on track with hopes of a solid top 20 finish. Those hopes were smashed with three laps remaining when the right front tire on Fox’s car blew out and short the car into the turn three wall.

“The car felt funny in turn one and then it was fine in turn two”, the driver recalled. “When I got in three it just shot up the track. I barely had time to react, it just happened so fast”.

Fox was taken to the infield care center before being transported to a local hospital for x-rays. Fortunately, his only injuries are bruised ribs and a tore up racecar.

“It really stinks and I hate it for the team and all of our sponsors and supporters”, said Fox. “We’ll just have to tear the car down to see exactly what we’ve got ahead of us, but as for now it might be a while before we get back on track with the ARCA car”.

Robb Brent added his name to the list of first-time winners in the series this season when he picked up the Pocono victory over Dakoda Armstrong. Fox was forced to settle for a 31st place finish.

For more information on Universe Racing and all of the team supporters, including Universe Towing and Autobody, FireHouse, AFR Productions, American Truck, Valve Tech Sales LLC, Tri State Towing Equipment, Himmer Graphics, Weigand Combat Handguns, Alex’s Lemonade Stand, G-Force Racing Products, Long Island Skydiving, Eibach Springs and StockCar Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway, please visit www.universeracing.net.