PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Nascar was embarassed about what they did for the Riverhead tour purse?

Bobby1717
08-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I was wondering if Nascar felt embarassed when a dedicated racing fan the longislandmodmaniac raised about half of the purse that Nascar awarded the drivers for the tour race. I just think that its wrong that a multi-multi million dollar business could only muster up what they did. I know I am beating a dead horse when it comes to the purse pay out so I will stop. All I know is that it doesn't look good for them.

iamaranger
08-03-2010, 08:13 PM
doesnt the track pay out the purse?

CTtoPA
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
NASCAR is the sanction. Should they be responsible for the points and each race purse? I don't have an answer...Just wondering. When the Sprint Cup runs at a track is it up to the track to find the sponsor to pay the purse? I have NO idea how this works.

limodmaniac
08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Never meant to embarrass anyone with what we did.

Not to support a reduced purse, but how many people do you think paid to get in to the track on Saturday? Multiply that by 30 and how much money did they take in? How much did they pay out? My guess is that a tour show at Riverhead isn't a huge money maker. Maybe I'm wrong.

The main reason for doing it, was for the drivers know that WE THE FANS do appreciate them coming to Riverhead. I've seen tour races there since 1985 and haven't missed one. I'll hate the day when the schedule is released and there is no tour at Riverhead. So, if this helps to keep them coming there, I hope we can do something to show our support each and every year.

Now, if Nascar really wants my advice, cancel the K and N Series and give that million dollar point fund to the modifieds and then the modifieds can run flash races and no one would care.

iamaranger
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
in non flash races, are the starters determined all by qualifying or is there a consi in them too?

RGeeProductions
08-04-2010, 12:21 AM
in non flash races, are the starters determined all by qualifying or is there a consi in them too?

Time trials only and provisionals.

KChez
08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Guess again! They've proven time and time again that the modifieds are nothing more than an afterthought. Here's some things they should be embarrassed about (in addition to pissing on the traditions and the foundation that made the sport what it is today)

Edwards intentionally wrecks someone twice and endangering their life both times, jeopardizes fan safety, tears up over a million dollars of other peoples equipment=$25,000 fine for a multi million dollar team.
Newman & Hamlin say something that ******* doesn't like = $50,000.
Biggest team in series (Hendrick) wins race and doesn't pass tech = win still stands.
Spotter smokes a joint = suspended indefinately.
Son of owners of series caught dui w/ cocaine in car = 1 week suspension.
Blow up a motor and finish last in a qualifying race for a non points event and find that your now junk motor was 164 thousandths of an inch too big = $250,000 for an independent team.

Yep, fairness and consistancy.

night gent
08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
How does NASCAR determine how much to pay each position?

The "base" payout for the race is in two parts. The racing purse is put up by the track and pays out on a straight declining scale, the winner gets more than second and so on down the line. On top of that is the television money which also paid out on a declining scale.

Most modified fans do not agree with extremely low purses for the ground pounders,unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it.
The mod maniac as everyone knows really cares about the sport and is proactive but for most people the cost of attending an event, i.e: gas, lodging, admission, concessions, etc. already crimps their budget. I guess all we can do is enjoy the races, next stop : Stafford Speedway!

RGeeProductions
08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Guess again! They've proven time and time again that the modifieds are nothing more than an afterthought. Here's some things they should be embarrassed about (in addition to pissing on the traditions and the foundation that made the sport what it is today)

Edwards intentionally wrecks someone twice and endangering their life both times, jeopardizes fan safety, tears up over a million dollars of other peoples equipment=$25,000 fine for a multi million dollar team.
Newman & Hamlin say something that ******* doesn't like = $50,000.
Biggest team in series (Hendrick) wins race and doesn't pass tech = win still stands.
Spotter smokes a joint = suspended indefinately.
Son of owners of series caught dui w/ cocaine in car = 1 week suspension.
Blow up a motor and finish last in a qualifying race for a non points event and find that your now junk motor was 164 thousandths of an inch too big = $250,000 for an independent team.

Yep, fairness and consistancy.

Last edited by KChez; Today at 10:22 AM. Reason: Don't know why the board blocked out N A $ C A R???

Maybe because NASCAR, see it works, does not have 7 letters and the forum software blocked it out!!!

zombo
08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
there are no set penalties in nascar. it's whatever they decide at the time. jeremy mayfield gets thrown out forever for a drug test. if it was jeff gordon or jimmie johnson, do you think that would happen? they'd get put in some kind of weekly testing program and allowed to race and we all know it. carl long is forced out of nascar, but carl edwards can wreck anyone he wants since it makes for good tv. make a dq worth points and purse and you'll see a lot of things change. until then, this fining and small points docking will do nothing.

jandj
08-09-2010, 02:27 PM
To be embarrassed you have to have a conscience.
So the answer to the question is "No".

JWfor8x
08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Never meant to embarrass anyone with what we did.

Not to support a reduced purse, but how many people do you think paid to get in to the track on Saturday? Multiply that by 30 and how much money did they take in? How much did they pay out? My guess is that a tour show at Riverhead isn't a huge money maker. Maybe I'm wrong.

The main reason for doing it, was for the drivers know that WE THE FANS do appreciate them coming to Riverhead. I've seen tour races there since 1985 and haven't missed one. I'll hate the day when the schedule is released and there is no tour at Riverhead. So, if this helps to keep them coming there, I hope we can do something to show our support each and every year.

Now, if Nascar really wants my advice, cancel the K and N Series and give that million dollar point fund to the modifieds and then the modifieds can run flash races and no one would care.

If there comes a day when there either is no Riverhead Raceway or the modifieds don't race there, I will move off of the island. I can't afford the $30 bucks, but I find a way to pay it. I agree with you that the tour show is not a huge money maker for the track espescially when you consider everything the track has to pay over the course of a year and just how short the time is for them to be open.
Riverhead is the last race track left on Long Island and if your efforts help in even the smallest way in helping in it's and the modifieds survival there, you have performed a tremendous service to racers and fans alike. Thank you.

MXCHAMP04
08-15-2010, 10:30 AM
No reply from NWMT PR. What a joke.

limodmaniac
08-15-2010, 10:58 AM
All I know is we want to do it again next year. It was a blast doing it. The kind words I am still getting from drivers and car owners let's me know how appreciated it was.

CTtoPA
08-15-2010, 02:21 PM
No reply from NWMT PR. What a joke.

Why is that a joke? He's responsible for communicating what Daytona tells him to the people in New England. He doesn't have to come on a message board and squabble with fans.